What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what took you so long,[emoji6] kicking my hazy keg. Still hazy
10x7l84.jpg

You on my PSN? MicroBrewed here

Expanded distribution since they opened their new facility. Had this one 10 miles from my house in SLO county. At least 4 or 5 bars currently have it on tap down here.
Damn! You think they might go year round with it? One more reason for a SLO trip!

Morning Blokes, going to be a good day
20190215_071438.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-02-15-07-18-35.jpeg

Now that's brewing weather...
Good idea. Kegging an ipa tomorrow hate to waste $15 in yeast...

Hanahapu cloneish, about 11%. Flavors all added in secondary Substituted coconut for vanilla bean since I forgot to take a 401K loan out. Definitely will be served on Hanahapu Day March 9th. Net 3gallons for $60 or so...I'll take that!
20190215_083918.jpeg

Last edited:
I never had the desire to camp out a day or two ahead of release. Much easier now that they've expanded distribution. Of course the mystique is now gone.
That emptiness of finding and killing your White Whale... For years I dreamed of trying Kate the Great. It was around before craft brew had really exploded. Like 20 years ago during college I tried to get my buddies to camp out in Portsmouth NH for it in March. Turns out it would be 20° and raining. Numerous times I'd find it's variant "on tap" only to be told the keg was empty. This year I finally caught it. Now I need a new White Whale
ahab.jpeg

That emptiness of finding and killing your White Whale... For years I dreamed of trying Kate the Great. It was around before craft brew had really exploded. Like 20 years ago during college I tried to get my buddies to camp out in Portsmouth NH for it in March. Turns out it would be 20° and raining. Numerous times I'd find it's variant "on tap" only to be told the keg was empty. This year I finally caught it. Now I need a new White WhaleView attachment 612703
So, was it great? I’m still drinking coffee.

So, was it great? I’m still drinking coffee.
I would say very good. I kind of knew I was going to be expecting too much. I wasn't disappointed it's just the recipe is over 20 years old for a 10.5% RIS and so many brews have gone to the extreme.

He now changes the recipe every year and this one was aged in tequila and gin barrels. I even had a special edition where the keg had an additional tequila shots. That was gooood.

Its similar to how people say they're bored with Pliny. That it was a flagship and now others have taken the style to a higher level. To me, I'd slap those people that say Pliny, Westy or Heady are old (well Westy is old). All #1 in my book. This RIS I wouldn't put at that level tho. Hmm now I'm trying to think of an old original RIS that I'd name as a flagship beer for that style.....

Latest posts

Back