What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another wine drinking invader here
A nice semi-sweet white wine from Germany:
MlbLmW3OTFmiXPFxcnCcUQ.jpg

I purchase this inexpensive (cheap) wine at ALDI's

Morning brew day, so it's black coffee for now.

Edit: got the boil going, so I guess it's time to crack one.

Still down with flu,but it is Friday.
Room temperature, 28c, amber sour ale.
Much better than I would have thought!

Is that something bacon wrapped I see in the background?:)

Although cooked in the oven tonight instead of smoked... A few traditional ABT's, a bunch made with baby bell peppers, and my specialty... Chop up the pepper, mix it with the cheese... Put it in a mushroom. My other specialty, hold the little smokies for half of them and use brat meat removed from the casing.... It's amazing.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465597097.776785.jpg

For now... Beer View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465597128.674539.jpg

New Belgium Citradelic IPA. If you like an IPA with a lot of citrus flavor and aroma (like I do) you'll probably like it.

Moonless Tropical Night Foreign Extra Stout.

I found the recipe here: http://byo.com/mead/item/663-foreign-extra-stout-style-profile (I did the all grain version).

I messed up a little and ended up with about 22 litres in the fermenter instead of 19 (I think I over sparged). As a result it came out at ~6.4% instead of the expected 7.1%. It's about two months in the bottle now and tasting pretty good to me. Unfortunately I've never had a commercial FES so I have nothing to compare it to. It definitely has a good mouthfeel to it and after a glass and a half I'm feeling the effects of it (I'm a 230lb lightweight :)).

The summer is nearly here so I won't be hitting this one very hard. That will give it a chance to age out a bit. I'll be interested to see how it progresses as time goes by.

Having my house ale. just finished bottling a Wit that sat a li'l too long in the fermenter. smelled and tasted goot tho'... :beard:

Latest posts

Back