What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. Tired. Can't believe I'm up to hunt instead of sleeping in. Oh well, the deer aren't gonna shoot themselves.

Could not sleep worth a damn. Laying in bed for another hour. As miserable as I often seem, I cherish "knowing" all of you and appreciate every moment you share with me in my struggles at work and with my brewing. Merry Christmas to you and your families. Hope you all have an amazing day... And that you maybe even get some sweet loot.

Water and coffee to start the morning.
Had a few of my Doppelbocks last night when I was at the mother in law's house for Christmas Eve dinner. It's my first lager and turned out very nice. My second lager is a Baltic Porter I'm trying to save for a local competition in February.
Merry Christmas to all!
Be happy.

Merry Christmas guys/gals.

Kids are still asleep. Christmas at her parents today, then mine tomorrow, then one more on Sunday. I hope I survive the holidays.

My son just opened his BB-8, I am charging it now and I think I am more excited to play with it then he is.

Merry Christmas to the best damn portable bar around.

We did our presents last night, off to Mitchell for xmas with the in-laws, hopefully kill some birds tomorrow.

Cheers all.

Merry Christmas you bunch of drunks.
Kids slept in until almost 8. Could be cause we let them stay up until almost 11.

On the coffee.

Energy drink before driving out to the burbs for the hurricane that is is the holiday mess created this year (four sections of the family, two of which hate each other and everyone hates the third all in one place). Usually everything gets separated and it's a long day but fine. Nope. Not this year. There's going to be a fight at some point.

Merry Christmas guys/gals.

Kids are still asleep. Christmas at her parents today, then mine tomorrow, then one more on Sunday. I hope I survive the holidays.

My son just opened his BB-8, I am charging it now and I think I am more excited to play with it then he is.
SWMBO is a big Star Wars nerd...she is playing with her BB8 now. Of all the Brewing equipment I lack, like a good brew kettle and fermentation chamber, she gets me a remote starter for my car. When I think what I could have done with that money...ah well. Warm/cool car is nice and no surprise bombs is a bonus.
Having more coffee before prepping food for next venue.

Water-tweet.jpg

Coffee for now. I have some whiskey barrel aged wheat wine for later. Never had a wheat wine...hope it's good because one or two of you are getting bottles.

Attachments

• 1451059831273.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 63
SWMBO is a big Star Wars nerd...she is playing with her BB8 now. Of all the Brewing equipment I lack, like a good brew kettle and fermentation chamber, she gets me a remote starter for my car. When I think what I could have done with that money...ah well. Warm/cool car is nice and no surprise bombs is a bonus.
Having more coffee before prepping food for next venue.

Did you guys get the sphero version? It is loads of fun, ok I am going to put it down and let my son play with his toy now.

Coffee and breakfast are done. Son is running on a scavenger hunt for his iPhone (not that he knows that's what he's hunting for.) Now time for Relaxing and some sweets after this PSA...

View attachment 325172

View attachment 325174

I have the "beetus" from just looking at the picture.

Passed out fairly early last night. Just finishing coffee after taking a while to catch up on the thread. Kids slept in a bit today, and now they're playing with all their new stuff.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have a question for you aficionados. I have a bottle of rum cream from Jamaica. Bought in 2007, opened today (I know, I know...). Any reason I shouldn't drink it?
Looking at you @beermeduffman @thatjonguy @patrickgoss

If it smells fine and isn't a funky texture or color; it should be fine.

Taste a little or better yet have your least favorite extended family member test it for you.

Commercially produced stuff will probably have a stabilizer in it as well as some type of secondary preservative. But that level of alcohol should keep it from going bad. Especially if it was never opened.

If it smells fine and isn't a funky texture or color; it should be fine.

Taste a little or better yet have your least favorite extended family member test it for you.

Commercially produced stuff will probably have a stabilizer in it as well as some type of secondary preservative. But that level of alcohol should keep it from going bad. Especially if it was never opened.

It looked a little coagulated at the top, but shaking took care of it. Good thing too, cuz it tasted great.

Thanks Jon!

Coffee:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1451062582.986936.jpg

I'm drinking my Christmas present to myself

Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout Barrel Aged Series

Delicious

Latest posts

Back