What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monday starts the weekend!

Yup. She worked all weekend so I'll let it slide :D

Yeah it wasn't all that bad her mom made us chicken wing dip and it was just very chill, I could feel the judgment being passed upon me though haha...

I may go to MacGregors they have Chillwave and Breakfast stout on tap but I have this right now and some Abigale later

Chillwave is delicious. Regular breakfast stout?

Time for another beer. Just not sure what though. Probably my DIPA.

Did not take great notes as during brewday I was getting pretty tipsy... Pretty sure the pre-boil was right around 13gal. Adding the candi sugar at the last 15 mins of the boil does increas the volume a bit, but I like to be sure I get 10 gal into kegs after losses

Thankie lad ... :)

View attachment 275871
Couple of these while literally uprooting morning glories from my front yard. Bastards.

View attachment 275872

Another while I grill. I drink too effing much. Might need to try to be the guy that makes drinkable NA beer.

Get with @qhrumphf, he brews NA beer all the time.
Do they have this in packs where you are? I have to buy the samplers to get it, and I genuinely dislike Devils Backbone.

I just started seeing it in 6-pks. I always stayed away from the sample pk cuz I don't like the brown. I like the backbone though. I'll send you rye in exchange for backbone

Get with @qhrumphf, he brews NA beer all the time.

I just started seeing it in 6-pks. I always stayed away from the sample pk cuz I don't like the brown. I like the backbone though. I'll send you rye in exchange for backbone

I like the effect, just something about it makes my not enjoy drinking it. Do I hate candi sugar? I know I literally down it so I can get to something else. My samplers don't come with the brown, they're Firemans #4, Backbone, and Full Moon. The old ones still have the brown, which I used to just cook with. Braise a pork butt in it.

After a few pints of Near-NA Mild, on to more of my slightly-further-from-NA Bluebird clone.

And the Caps haven't sh** the bed yet in this series, at least not beyond the first period of game 2. I'm proud.

Spoken like a true American. Cheers.

After a few pints of Near-NA Mild, on to more of my slightly-further-from-NA Bluebird clone.

And the Caps haven't sh** the bed yet in this series, at least not beyond the first period of game 2. I'm proud.

My beloved Spurs lost in the first round so I'm done with pro sports for a few months.

Looks like your getting nice carbonation on it now

Yep. I finally feel confident sending one out. Although, I'm a little disappointed with the flavor from the oak spiral. Well, you'll probably see what I'm talking about when you try it. Next time I use an oak spiral, I'll either use a lighter toast or boil it for longer before using in beer.

My beloved Spurs lost in the first round so I'm done with pro sports for a few months.

I couldn't care less about basketball, but somehow the Wizards aren't entirely awful either, which is something to behold. Last year, I was wondering how the hell the Wizards make the playoffs and the Caps don't.

Also, wrong Spurs. :tank:

Still on the Bluebird clone.

I like the effect, just something about it makes my not enjoy drinking it. Do I hate candi sugar? I know I literally down it so I can get to something else. My samplers don't come with the brown, they're Firemans #4, Backbone, and Full Moon. The old ones still have the brown, which I used to just cook with. Braise a pork butt in it.

You sir are a genius never thought to cook with the brown. Yep the sampler I saw today had that combo not a big blonde fan so I'm glad the rye is in 6 pks now.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430788353.779362.jpgmmmmm how I love centennial let me count the ways...I'm not an accountant or a poet sooo lets just say I like it a lot.

Yep. I finally feel confident sending one out. Although, I'm a little disappointed with the flavor from the oak spiral. Well, you'll probably see what I'm talking about when you try it. Next time I use an oak spiral, I'll either use a lighter toast or boil it for longer before using in beer.

Look forward to trying one. So how long did it take to actually carb for this beer? My dipa still is barely carbed and it's been like almost 6 weeks since bottling. I'll never bottle a beer over 9% gain without using a little cbc-1, I'm to impatient lol.

Look forward to trying one. So how long did it take to actually carb for this beer? My dipa still is barely carbed and it's been like almost 6 weeks since bottling. I'll never bottle a beer over 9% gain without using a little cbc-1, I'm to impatient lol.

It has only been about 4 weeks. This beer isn't high ABV. The problem is I secondaried it for eight weeks on oak and bourbon and I think, in that time, a lot of yeast dropped out. So, I think that's why it has been slow to carb.
I had a 10.2% DIPA a couple years ago that I split between keg and bottles. I didn't re-yeast the bottles and they never carbed up. I eventually had to dump them.

Founders Breakfast stout. Got home an hour ago from the last class presentation ill ever do as an undergrad. Get my Bachelor's degree on Saturday!

And hoping to tap my first ever kegged homebrew that night for the after after party. A 9.3% DIPA with loads of Cascade.

View attachment 275885

Got a haircut tonight.

SWMBO decided to take down the stash too. I just wanted one pic if my dad and I sporting handlebars with one of the brass cars. Starting over with a two year setback.

Pissed.

View attachment 275887

Dude. Your face is your bidness. We have a deal, she cuts the hair, I trim the beard. Notice I didn't say shave. I look like a weird old baby without it.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430790533.372687.jpg

Propped up. SonShine turned a corner from good to "whoa I'm glad I made more". Used crystal 20 instead of 60 this time, maybe it'll drink lighter.

Yup. She worked all weekend so I'll let it slide :D

Chillwave is delicious. Regular breakfast stout?

Time for another beer. Just not sure what though. Probably my DIPA.

Yup and KBS from 2014 / 15 in bottles and basically everything ! I dunno if it was only the one in Rochester on Empire or out here too need to investigate

Founders Breakfast stout. Got home an hour ago from the last class presentation ill ever do as an undergrad. Get my Bachelor's degree on Saturday!

And hoping to tap my first ever kegged homebrew that night for the after after party. A 9.3% DIPA with loads of Cascade.

Congrats! I remember my last presentation... Not much of that night, but I think it was something like this:

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430791140.411539.jpg

Coke.

Dude. Your face is your bidness. We have a deal, she cuts the hair, I trim the beard. Notice I didn't say shave. I look like a weird old baby without it.

View attachment 275898

Propped up. SonShine turned a corner from good to "whoa I'm glad I made more". Used crystal 20 instead of 60 this time, maybe it'll drink lighter.

That had been the understanding. She went from head hair straight to stash. She is walking through the house like a puppy that just got beaten right now.... We have had our issues... We had a separation.... First fight... And it is over something stupid, I suppose they all are.

That had been the understanding. She went from head hair straight to stash. She is walking through the house like a puppy that just got beaten right now.... We have had our issues... We had a separation.... First fight... And it is over something stupid, I suppose they all are.

Usually are. Facial hair is little ****. Let it go. Give her a giant smooth faced kiss.

Usually are. Facial hair is little ****. Let it go. Give her a giant smooth faced kiss.

Not a chance on that! She just postponed that smooth faced kiss by a couple years! My fathers stash is famous, I will grow a weak imitation to rock it for one car tour with him. I will likely go back to shaving every day after.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430793035.197382.jpg
Needed something strong after this evening. Had to walk over and have a serious and moderately threatening talk with the neighbors. Their pit bull go out of their house and ran all the way out to the street to attack my wife and daughter while they were walking down the road. Thankfully the owner realized the dog got out and ran out there before he could do any serious harm, but they were shaken up really bad, especially my little girl. She said she doesn't even want to go for walks anymore and I couldn't even put her down until we got to our porch. My wife called me from the street crying. Then the pieces of white trash garbage had the nerve to cuss my wife out and act like it was her fault. Are you ****ing kidding me?! That was the last straw. They changed their tone real quick when I walked over there. I'm so sick of people owning vicious dogs. I know any dog can be mean, but how often do you hear of a fox terrier ripping someone's face off. No, pit freakin bulls are vicious and I'm sick of hearing people defend them. I told the owners if I saw it outside their yard again, it's gone. Simple as that.
Whatever, rant over. Feel free to ignore.

View attachment 275907
Needed something strong after this evening. Had to walk over and have a serious and moderately threatening talk with the neighbors. Their pit bull go out of their house and ran all the way out to the street to attack my wife and daughter while they were walking down the road. Thankfully the owner realized the dog got out and ran out there before he could do any serious harm, but they were shaken up really bad, especially my little girl. She said she doesn't even want to go for walks anymore and I couldn't even put her down until we got to our porch. My wife called me from the street crying. Then the pieces of white trash garbage had the nerve to cuss my wife out and act like it was her fault. Are you ****ing kidding me?! That was the last straw. They changed their tone real quick when I walked over there. I'm so sick of people owning vicious dogs. I know any dog can be mean, but how often do you hear of a fox terrier ripping someone's face off. No, pit freakin bulls are vicious and I'm sick of hearing people defend them. I told the owners if I saw it outside their yard again, it's gone. Simple as that.

Enjoy your whiskey, kill that dog if it attacks your family again. Sooner if you can.

It really isn't the breed though.

View attachment 275907

Im sorry man. Usually is the owner fault. **** that guy. If you see it outside their lawn shoot it. I would not stand it if i was in your shoes. That guy will be crying himself after i talk to him. One reason i do not like dogs. Majority of dogs are fine and cause no trouble. Just trash like that you have to look out for.

Latest posts

Back