What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More coffee. Hoping the temp rises on my smoker. I'm 30% stressed.
This was a very much appreciated gift, so I have to preface this by mentioning that mine is not an experienced beer palate and the giver cannot control the contents of the bottle. I always want to be honest though. I did not care for this at all. I checked a couple of sites and reviews were all over the place, but it sounded like it was not going to improve with cellaring, so I opened it. The color and head are nice, but the aroma struck me like urine. It was tough to get past. The first taste is a little bitter/roasted flavor that immediately goes very sour. Then I kind of get a metallic astringency on the tongue and the finish goes back to sour. I tried to get through a glass, but only made it halfway. I know that this is a well-respected breweryand I'm sure they have some great beers, but I'm not onboard with this particular one. I appreciate the cost and great effort that was put into getting this bottle to me though!
Oh man, that's the nicest way to say it sucks. I'm sorry it was your first brewery experience I think too. I'm going to make that up to you. Promise.
@hello I'm here! Been Mia a bit but I'm brewing today! Gotta run and get propane then mash in and then I'm going to the pound, locAl shelter is not doing well, I'm gonna make a donation and check out the pups

Then it's home to box up a trade for @ Patrick goss and for that dude that won the fantasy league

actually its a pretty nice little saturday, we're gonna go to Home Depot yea buy some wallpaper maybe get some flooring stuff like that maybe Bed Bath & Beyond I dont know if we'll have enough time

Better get to brewing that red! Sorry the girl is making you go to bed bath and beyond. Please, do t hang wallpaper. That **** sucks taking down!

Oh man, that's the nicest way to say it sucks. I'm sorry it was your first brewery experience I think too. I'm going to make that up to you. Promise.

Better get to brewing that red! Sorry the girl is making you go to bed bath and beyond. Please, do t hang wallpaper. That **** sucks taking down!

I think you need to brush up on your movies,

White monster, why? Cause America

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420897952.918814.jpg

Prop the door open a tad. Flip it upside down and wedge it back into the opening. Smoking seahawk today?

I went with 4 taps for my fridge and am going to buy a 5th for nitro pours.

Last Coff before I head out.

Coffee. Getting treated like a short order cook this morning before splitting a bunch of hops into twenty equal portions to spread out over a 90 minute boil.

Hahahaha.... you are one funny guy lol. Most of those New Braunfels i saw down town. Didnt pick any up.

The NBB beers were pretty hit or miss to me. Esp for the prices they're asking. The Thunderkiss was great tho - haggled down the price because it wasn't labeled and the girl had no idea what it was.

Coffee. Getting treated like a short order cook this morning before splitting a bunch of hops into twenty equal portions to spread out over a 90 minute boil.

I've always wanted to do something like that. I'm curious to find out how it turns out.

There is no need to ever make up for a beer gift...it is truly the thought and effort!

Sent SWMBO off to work early and immediately went back to sleep until 10:30...I love when I get to do that! Quaffi now, beer later for the Seahawks win. Oh crap...they're playing the Panthers. Tough call. Home team or former NC State quarterback... *sigh*

Hopefully tomorrow is the day. My day has gone from: Brewing, to a movie, to a hundred mile drive to work an evening shift in IL.

I love when I complain about having to do something I don't want to do, then get stuck doing something even worse.;)
Somehow, being an optimistic pessimist makes me think "it can always be worse", and usually that's when it takes a turn for the worse.

I love when I complain about having to do something I don't want to do, then get stuck doing something even worse.;)
Somehow, being an optimistic pessimist makes me think "it can always be worse", and usually that's when it takes a turn for the worse.

Yeah, it's not really what I want to do on a frozen Saturday night but it will deliver my first decent paycheck in months so I am pretty much fine with it.

Decided it's time for a beer. Coincidentally, the keg of cherry wheat kicked mid pour. So I did the right thing to do, and cleaned that lines and hooked up my DIPA and have it chilling for tonight. :)

Think I gotta get the snowblower fully working. Have it turning over again but it's definitely in need of some more work :(

View attachment 1420907681400.jpg

View attachment 1420907696794.jpg

Decided it's time for a beer. Coincidentally, the keg of cherry wheat kicked mid pour. So I did the right thing to do, and cleaned that lines and hooked up my DIPA and have it chilling for tonight. :)

Think I gotta get the snowblower fully working. Have it turning over again but it's definitely in need of some more work :(

Spoken like a true alcoholic.

I got a smokenator for Christmas, I was planning on doing a first dry run later today. Hoping I can get my temp dialed in without too much playing with it.

Pounding water after last night's salty food and beer.

Water. Mom doesn't have any beer in the damned fridge. ****.

Anyone ever used wyeast brett lambicus? Just picked some up from the brew shop, now I gotta figure out what to brew with it

I approached this beer with some trepidation as @Hello realized after sending it to me that there were some bad reviews of it out there. IME, though, chili beers are a love it or hate it type deal, so opinions are going to vary widely. Me personally, I enjoy them and this one is no exception. Subtle heat, subtle pepper flavor, and subtle chocolate notes make this agree with my palate very well.

Latest posts

Back