What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good! My one coworker's wife's brother owns a bar in Williamsport, I just got supplied with a mix of old forge stuff to try for free. So far I've had the resolution rye stout and the plowshare porter. Both hit the spot for me! T-rail pale ale is on deck for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Picked up this DFH Raison D'etre on clearance. Meh its ok but thin and one dimentional.

1391656831708.jpg

A bottle of Thunderbay Blackberry Wine that I got while visiting Alpena MI. I' m trying to save the 2 half gal growlers and last 4 22oz beers of my first home brew (British Ale). The batch after that one needs more bottle conditioning time so not ready to drink. I didn't realize just how fast 2 people could go through a 5 gal of beer.

I have to give huge props to the guys at Adelbert's in Austin. Had the Flyin Monks Quad which was good (aged on rum barrel oak chips). Got to talking to one of the brewers after a tour (David), then the owner/founder (Scott), and one of their reps/owner of Naughty Brewing (James). Ended up staying an hour and a half after official closing.

Scott is a former electrical engineer and seems to spend a lot of time thinking of ways to save energy/money in the brewery. Doing some cool things from saving water, using the chiller water as hot liquor, using glycol a/c, and experimenting with spent grain pelletizing for heat and smokers.

Mentioned that I had picked up a bottle of their barrel aged dubbel and they gave me a bottle of their barrel aged wit to do a side by side (both red wine barrel aged). They had bought it back from a local shop, still had price tag. Ended up being a great night.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391660609.930478.jpg

Having one of my HB nut brown ales...gotta take a pic before it's gone! Okay...uno mas!

DSC04158.jpg

I have to give huge props to the guys at Adelbert's in Austin. Had the Flyin Monks Quad which was good (aged on rum barrel oak chips). Got to talking to one of the brewers after a tour (David), then the owner/founder (Scott), and one of their reps/owner of Naughty Brewing (James). Ended up staying an hour and a half after official closing.

Scott is a former electrical engineer and seems to spend a lot of time thinking of ways to save energy/money in the brewery. Doing some cool things from saving water, using the chiller water as hot liquor, using glycol a/c, and experimenting with spent grain pelletizing for heat and smokers.

Mentioned that I had picked up a bottle of their barrel aged dubbel and they gave me a bottle of their barrel aged wit to do a side by side (both red wine barrel aged). They had bought it back from a local shop, still had price tag. Ended up being a great night.

Awesome man. Next time I'm in Austin I need to go visit them. I haven't bought their stuff in a while because it's all bombers. I'll pick some up next time I see it. I want a glass too lol

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

Awesome man. Next time I'm in Austin I need to go visit them. I haven't bought their stuff in a while because it's all bombers. I'll pick some up next time I see it. I want a glass too lol

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

I recommend it. They're open Weds and Thurs for happy hour and Fri-Sat too. They had been doing brewpub-style pay per pour, but apparently had to switch back to the tour/tasting model for legal reasons ($13 for the glass and up to six pours, plus the tour).

They were pretty open about a couple process/infection issues early on, but they seem to have done a good job in terms of quality control since then.

They've got a bunch of new barrels (gin, rum, whiskey, wine) to work with, so they should be putting out some interesting stuff soon.

Water. Coffee. Another day, another snow/ice/no floccin' school day :(

No kidding, this is getting old. To top it off my daughter was home sick yesterday when schools were NOT closed. Today they are closed and she is jumping off the walls since she was laying down sick all day yesterday. :smack:

I'm drinking coff, but after this I need lots of water to make up for all the dark ale I drank last night :drunk:

Just wait until Monday when we get 30". Your kids will be home for 2 weeks.

Second cup of Coff.

Just started to tear into the coffee. Y'all remind me why I stay in AZ. Although come summertime I'm gonna be asking myself why I haven't moved away yet

Coffee and sore as can be from shoveling snow. The gym has treadmills to simulate walking and running, stairclimbers to simulate stairs...If there was a machine to simulate shoveling snow...

Coffee and sore as can be from shoveling snow. The gym has treadmills to simulate walking and running, stairclimbers to simulate stairs...If there was a machine to simulate shoveling snow...

...no one would be on it ever. ;)

Completely off topic out of necessity, sorry. Can a non paying/premium member post a thread and if so, where would the option be found?

Completely off topic out of necessity, sorry. Can a non paying/premium member post a thread and if so, where would the option be found?

Yep you can. Just go to the forum section that you think best fits the topic, and at the top of the page of the list of threads, there is a new thread button. The picture bellow has it circled.

Untitled.jpg

Kale banana smoothie and water.

Thinking about driving up to Troegs for BBA Troegenator. I could get there by 4:30 and be home by 6. Hmmm

Kale banana smoothie and water.

Thinking about driving up to Troegs for BBA Troegenator. I could get there by 4:30 and be home by 6. Hmmm

You might want to call and make sure they haven't sold out. My MIL picked up two bottles for me earlier and said there was a long line when they got there a little before noon.

You might want to call and make sure they haven't sold out. My MIL picked up two bottles for me earlier and said there was a long line when they got there a little before noon.

I just did. They don't expect it to sell out today. Not thrilled about standing in line though...

Back