What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So yup, movin onto Clown Shoes Hammer of the Holy Smoked Imperial Stout aged in 40 yr old Jamaican rum barrels. Really nice Imp stout, dont get a ton of smoke. The rum barrels are a nice touch but this will be way better next year.

1388718815571.jpg

Had so many problems with this beer from the sparge up to fern temps. But WOW! First AG what was to be a mild Cream Ale turned into a great Cream Ale with true body and good head. Flavor is right on point. This thing took 3 hours of boil time to hit 1.060 and came in at 1.004. Smooth! View attachment 169824View attachment 169825

Lager that ****, now!:mug:

Just checked my stock and realized I have all ingredients for Disturbed Chemist's Lemon Basil mead. Can't wait to get it going this weekend.

Enjoying a mug of hot chocolate with baileys and lot of marshmallows. Wish I had vodka whipped cream.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Courtesy of LoloMT7 and I am loving this one. More banana than clove esters and uber malty. What you would expect from Bavarian Master Brewers.

1388721153472.jpg

So yup, movin onto Clown Shoes Hammer of the Holy Smoked Imperial Stout aged in 40 yr old Jamaican rum barrels. Really nice Imp stout, dont get a ton of smoke. The rum barrels are a nice touch but this will be way better next year.

I haven't seen that one around here. Sounds interesting.

Just checked my stock and realized I have all ingredients for Disturbed Chemist's Lemon Basil mead. Can't wait to get it going this weekend.

Enjoying a mug of hot chocolate with baileys and lot of marshmallows. Wish I had vodka whipped cream.

I definitely recommend DC's mead recipes. Lemon Basil was good, but the Jalapeño Cucumber is great. I need to stop being so lazy and make some myself.

BdG, too lazy for a pic. Will be rebrewing as soon as I get cream ale off the yeast.

No way man!

I would imagine a 40 yr old rum barrel is completely 'oaked out'. It's probably a 2nd use bourbon barrel, so pushing 50 yrs old. All that roast and smoke (have I not mentioned my borderline pathological hatred of smoked malt?) just cover up all the nuances of such a grand old barrel.

I would imagine a 40 yr old rum barrel is completely 'oaked out'. It's probably a 2nd use bourbon barrel, so pushing 50 yrs old. All that roast and smoke (have I not mentioned my borderline pathological hatred of smoked malt?) just cover up all the nuances of such a grand old barrel.

Yeah well it was good. Lol now onto mixed berry skeeter for the rest if the night.

1388732129533.jpg

Coffee while I wait for it to get late enough to fire up the snow blower and start clearing the snow. Oh, and BK - you really didn't need to send your temps down this way buddy! :eek:

Just finished a SNPA.
I'm trying to decide what to brew tomorrow.
I really want to do an IPA. I have some mosaic in the freezer but I'm not sure what to pair them up with. Something dank and earthy I think.

Let me know how it turns out or have any questions. I need to make this again soon. My friends love it.

I definitely recommend DC's mead recipes. Lemon Basil was good, but the Jalapeño Cucumber is great. I need to stop being so lazy and make some myself.

You do need to get off your lazy ass and make some. You got a 750ml of the jalapeno to enjoy :mug:

On the Coff. Snow is still coming down. Still going to brew. Flocc eet.

Coffee. My son was up the whole night and I've slept maybe 2 hours. Today's gonna be a good day...

Coffee. Making a bacon egg and cheese bagel as snow shoveling fuel.

Remmy, whatcha got brewing today?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

Coffee. Making a bacon egg and cheese bagel as snow shoveling fuel.

Remmy, whatcha got brewing today?

Still haven't decided! Brewing either a coffee stout or a hoppy black ale (similar to Route of All Evil but using Conan).

Having a hot cider before I go out and shovel near the house and get my brewing started.

Just got a line on 4 tickets section 222 for the eagles saints game this weekend... I figured I'd post here since I've seen a few eagles fans.... $600 for all 4 or best offer.... Pm me if interested

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Posted in the rice wine thread as well but figured I'd share here too. First poured off the clear (separated) rice wine and then with the rice solids shaken back into it.

1388770387932.jpg

1388770415505.jpg

14f here in NJ and I'm considering an icebeer...

It's up to 15 F here in Groton and it feels like 0 F. Methinks it's time for an imperial stout. :)

Balmy 20 F here. Guess I'll run while it's 'warm'. Then time to brew the scuppernong saison I claimed I was going to make on New Year's Day.

Back