What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a G'Knight. Very tasty.

ForumRunner_20130616_185018.png

About to mash in on my Blacksheep Vanilla Porter. Maybe a nice cigar while it's mashing if the rain holds off. Oh, and more HB Milk Chocolate Stout. Thank God for Home brew. The cash flow has gone stale. No commercial beer for me for a while.

Anyone know what the 2010 means on a Saint Somewhere bottle? Surely, this wasn't bottled in 2010, right? Holy carbonation on this beer by the way. The nose is quite sour almost stings the nostrils. The taste however doesn't translate that in my opinion. It is a good brew overall and I'm glad I brought it back from Florida.

image-1332323912.jpg
image-4262538917.jpg

xMalachi said:
Anyone know what the 2010 means on a Saint Somewhere bottle? Surely, this wasn't bottled in 2010, right? Holy carbonation on this beer by the way. The nose is quite sour almost stings the nostrils. The taste however doesn't translate that in my opinion. It is a good brew overall and I'm glad I brought it back from Florida.

Typically that's what that means. That's most likely got a few years age on it in the bottle! Nice score!

View attachment 128981
View attachment 128982

I found bottles here from 08. At $14, a little overpriced and I haven't been back to see if the others are still there. Based on my experience, your lucky you didn't get your phone knocked out of your hands or a cork in the eye taking that picture.

I'm drinking a 'black farmhouse IPA' or something equally dumb sounding. Not a bad beer, though I am surprised I brewed it. I generally hate both black IPA and black saison, so why I combined the two is beyond me.

TNGabe said:
I found bottles here from 08. At $14, a little overpriced and I haven't been back to see if the others are still there. Based on my experience, your lucky you didn't get your phone knocked out of your hands or a cork in the eye taking that picture.

I'm drinking a 'black farmhouse IPA' or something equally dumb sounding. Not a bad beer, though I am surprised I brewed it. I generally hate both black IPA and black saison, so why I combined the two is beyond me.

Lol! Yeah, with other beers I've fought with the cork. This cork almost rocketed into my face.

Ostomo517 said:
Hb Chocolate Sour Brown. Happy Fathers Day to all you breeders out there :D

Now I have the "Cannonball" baseline stuck in my head. Can't remember any of the words though...

Green tea at the moment going to the bottle shop to grab some southern tier creme brulee

Lot's of people don't like that stuff cuz it's "too sweet". That's the whole damn point!! It's supposed to taste like Creme Brulee! It's supposed to be sweet! And if I may say so, that is a great dessert beer! Or anytime beer that you're in the mood for it!! Now I have to go find a bottle!:mug:

Lot's of people don't like that stuff cuz it's "too sweet". That's the whole damn point!! It's supposed to taste like Creme Brulee! It's supposed to be sweet! And if I may say so, that is a great dessert beer! Or anytime beer that you're in the mood for it!! Now I have to go find a bottle!:mug:

I'll be looking for some resin and 3 beans for you also. I think I'm going to grab a few Father's Day treats for myself ;-)

I'll be looking for some resin and 3 beans for you also. I think I'm going to grab a few Father's Day treats for myself ;-)

Nice! Keep me posted! Btw, I'm heading to Pittsburgh next weekend, so let me know what I might want to look out for...:mug:

Momma gave me this for father's day. I don't know where it's from or what a "Mexican stout"is supposed to taste like.

ForumRunner_20130616_161134.jpg

Not too bad

An extremely local West Coast IPA. Very solid beer compared to that of their other offerings which cater to the BMC crowd.

image-3692491454.jpg

Drinking a few EdWort's Haus Pale Ale made with Sterling Hops. Brewed up a Red Rye Ale today with my new Blichmann Burner. Love that thing!! Super even heat and no noise like the crawfish burner I have been using. Plus no carbon build up on the bottom of the brew pot to clean up.

Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers out there!!!! Hope you got to brew if you wanted to!:mug:

Carb tester of New Hollands Red Tulip (knowing damn well its not ready) but flavor wise it came out great, nice and malty with a nice bittering in the finish, pretty spot on to theirs

ForumRunner_20130616_163705.jpg

And now the best part of a 750ml bottle, the second pour.

I like how you got the label red. I liked that beer too. One of my favorite breweries around here. The brewers speak Chinese to each other and the environment is great.

My 70/ Scottish Ale during the boil of my Black Sheep Vanilla Porter! Gotta keep it real with the Craftsman bottle opener!

Edit: Forgot the pic!

2013-06-16 17.35.29.jpg

Bought this today at Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati. Really looking forward to this but am disappointed. A decent beer, but not as great as Beer Advocate would have you believe.

image-781901206.jpg

Had one hell of a Father's Day gift today. Went to a local gas station to get a sixxer for the lake, and they actually had a few decent craft beers there. So I picked up 3 six packs (SNPA, Fat Tire, and Sweetwater IPA). Back in Oklahoma, you have to go to a liquor store to get any of the above mentioned beers. Now I know why Oklahoma is the 7th circle of beer hell!
Having a Sweetwater IPA now...

Back