What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chocolate coconut cream stout.

Had these earlier:

Pumking
Dogfishhead's Olde School
Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout

Mmmm... Strong stuff. I think this will be my only drink for the night.

SL278318.jpg

Red Rocket
The Kaiser
Smutty Nose Imperial Stout
Considering popping open a Founders Centennial IPA or a Red's RyePA.

It's 4:40 AM, Eastern time. I just got home from work. I'm having one of the best, most interesting beers I ever made. A chocolate, partial-mash porter. For the chocolate flavor, I used an entire box of Cocoa Pebbles cereal in the mash. Crazy, cool idea, delicious beer.

jmlabeck said:
It's 4:40 AM, Eastern time. I just got home from work. I'm having one of the best, most interesting beers I ever made. A chocolate, partial-mash porter. For the chocolate flavor, I used an entire box of Cocoa Pebbles cereal in the mash. Crazy, cool idea, delicious beer.

Cocoa pebbles in the mash? How pronounced is the chocolate flavor?

Took the 1st FG sample a little bit ago from my Burton Ale,2 weeks in. Smooth,slightly toasty flavor,a little dark,almost butterscotch sweetness on the back. Just like they say Burton ales had. Nice amber/golden brown color too.
And boy,it already looks to be a nice winter warmer. :ban:

Bavarian Hefewiezien. 4 weeks in bottle and still a little green. Should be right in another couple weeks.

Here's hoping the graff is further along since my nut brown is just plain messed up. Brewers error.

New Glarus's, Purchased in Dickyville,300 miles later after visiting the potosi brewing co. Yeah, you have to step foot into WI, to get it, 5 damn good beers ive tried so far, as far as Potosi brewing co- stick to the bottle- the tap sucks compared but the pumpkin was good and they stinged out on me to get a growler of it, no tip for them. It was very pumpkin pie aromatic taste was good but taste not as good as aroma but pretty good.It was the whole reason i went up there but oh well there beer is better in the botttle,and there cask was a worse strong scotch than mine,im flattered. I dindnt even try, i bought the strong(curious of the barrell tap handle) tap she saying it was like 14% and all i taste is carmaly malty syruyness, said it was barrel aged a year too. The grounds are still being developed. I should have went to New Glarus instead. Or point brewery. But still enjoyed it.
Still worth it just disapointed in the bottle/tap differnece and they wouldnt sell me a growler of their non-bottled pumkin beer.

Bottling day, Otter Creek Stovepipe Porter > Dogfish head Olde School from the cellar > Uncarbonated sample > Sample carbonated in my seltzer maker

Right now i'm drinking Breakaway IPA - American Brewing Company in Edmonds, WA.

I bought a 50 liter keg from them and I have it on tap in my kegerator, and let me tell you boys...it's soooo goooood!

Skip Madsen is the head brewer at ABC - former head brewer at Boundary Bay in Bellingham, WA. His Boundary Bay IPA is also one of my favorites. And he's a really nice guy too.

If you're a local here in Western Washington you should really try it, if you haven't already.

Had a taste of Apfelwein, a taste of Skeeter Pee, and am looking at a glass of a commercial pumpkin beer that just don't taste good.

Drinking my English Mild. Keg is about to kick :(. I also tried KBC (Trader Joes) Pumpkin Ale, which was horrible. Tasted like really old spices. I think my sink enjoyed it though. :)

Just finished a pint of a Belgian strong I brewed 5 months ago. Just fantastic!

Also had a bottle of Honey Lager from Whistler Brewing co. Not a bad honey beer but nothing to right grandma about. Not that she would care anyway..

My SWMBO picked up a case of Lagunitas IPA from Costco, ran out of my Anchor Liberty Clone this weekend while brewing my New Zealand Rye IPA. Lagunitas is one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes those are Corona caps, not all my friends have good taste....Sorry

Lagunitas.jpg

My SWMBO picked up a case of Lagunitas IPA from Costco, ran out of my Anchor Liberty Clone this weekend while brewing my New Zealand Rye IPA. Lagunitas is one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes those are Corona caps, not all my friends have good taste....Sorry

edit/mosaic the picture ;)

M_C

Chocolate milk with some DME dissolved in it... Tastes like ovaltine.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Back