What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished the Santa Maria recipe that is located in the Recipes area of this site... now drinking a Flying Fish Exit 4 triple. :fro:

Ok I don't know why I included the fro guy but whatever.

indignant bastard.... my arrogant bastard clone made with columbus vs. chinook. good, but next time ill use chinook.. I think the columbus is too mellow.

Mission Street Hefeweizen from Trader Joe's. I really wanted to try Mission Street Pale Ale, but they were out of it yesterday.

evil non-beer on the eve of a brew day

evilhoneyliquor.jpg

English Bitter fermented with Wyeast 1469, West Yorkshire Ale yeast. Looks great in an Imperial pint glass.

Tonight's list was Dark horizon 3rd E. I am glad it was a small bottle, good but only in small quantities and Chimay Blue, always welcome in my (chimay) glass, 750mL bottle wish I had another. Enkidu winter ale from AHS, not yet carbed, so I'll reserve my judgment, still a little green after 2W in the bottle.

Miller Lite... Been burning through my homebrew stock the past couple of days and haven't brewed in a few weeks. Having to ration.. :(

BrewN00b said:
I just cracked open a bottle (yes, I still bottle; don't like kegging) of my not quite totally carbonated Scottish Wee Heavy. I think it is the best beer I ever brewed. It is utterly amazing. My god, I did it; I just realized I can brew. I would rather drink this than anything else I have in my house, and this includes the Flying Dog Double Pale Ale I just poured into my glass, and I REALLY love my Flying Dog Double Pale Ale.

I'm really proud of myself right now.

Did you brew extract? What's the recipe if you don't mind posting it

Havent been on here in forever and a few posts in a night, damn I must be feelin it. Just finished an Ommegang Qaudrupel. So So good. Now onto one that I have never had, Ommegang BPA Belgian Pale Ale. First sip.....Soooo Good.

Drinking the BYO 15th anniversary ale. My version ended up at 15%. I'm on my second pint, and that's probably 1 1/2 pints too many. Lol! I feel toasted already, and this dammed beer is soooo tasty and drinkable. It went from a "problem child" to a huge success.

Drinking the BYO 15th anniversary ale. My version ended up at 15%. I'm on my second pint, and that's probably 1 1/2 pints too many. Lol! I feel toasted already, and this dammed beer is soooo tasty and drinkable. It went from a "problem child" to a huge success.

Link to said recipe? Extract?

Saison d' Epeatutre (a saison brewed with spelt) from Brasseire be Blaugies

I've been on a saison quest... hadn't tried this one before. It's 6% ABV, and it's tasty (I don't think I've tasted a spelt brew before). Red winey aroma on the pour, slightly malty, and grainy but dry. Nice mouth feel, peppery finish. Minimal head retension for the body, despite the heady pour. (may have been my glass upon topping off head retension is better). nice mid amber color.

Bottle looks like it was stored on it's side as the yeast is packed and stuck to left side of bottle.

I need to look further into what spelt imparts to a beer, and try to find out if spelt replaced wheat in this brew or it was in addition to the wheat normally found in a saison. Tastes like a saison, but something different in there too.

I like it!

Had a milk stout that I wasn't happy with and buried it in the garage, popped one tonight and it's really nice now. Thinking about naming it Jericho Milk Stout after our cat. Time for another one first.

my last pint of hopslam from a mini-keg. wow, such a difference between the keg and bottle, the mini-keg is so much fresher

Back