What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tap 1- California Common
Tap 2- German Premium Lager (not 100% true to style)

Both are homebrews. I also have a case of Bud that has been hanging around the house for 2 months. I am just not that interested in it anymore since I started brewing.

Eric

Just tested bottled version of a choc oat milk stout (~6 ABV) done the first week of Dec, bottled 6 weeks now, and it's a real winner. My first Stout, but very smooth and silky with a touch of sweetness (0.5 lb of lactose per 5 gal) and no off-flavor to speak of. I have the other 5 gal batch in a keg, so plan on this stout to get me through the spring and part of the summer.

I have a couple others on tap right now. One is a session PA at around 5.8% (two kegs) and the other is a Belgian-like Ale I named Potente' that is around 7.5%. I have a case and a half of this batch bottled as well. Will try one tonight that has been in the bottle for 10 weeks.

I have some micro brews in the beer fridge. Heavy Seas Peg Leg Porter (8%), Mother Earth Brewery IPA (Sisters of the Moon) and some Carolina Brewing Co. IPA.

I just tried Sierra Nevada's Hoptimum, it was good but I think I built it up too much in me mind and although I enjoyed it didn't meet my expectations.

Drinking Sierra Nevada's new Hoptimum but I think I built it up too much in my mind and was anticipating it too much. I is good just not what I had been imagining. Have you tried it what do you think?

I'm switching back and fourth between a home brewed pale ale (perle + cascade) and an IPA (warrior + centennial) watching the Duke vs. UNC game.

It's crazy how ones pallet changes. The pale ale gets labeled as hoppy by a lot of my bmc drinking friends but tastes like a lite beer to me when drank beside my 80 IBU IPA.

Snuck a (way too early) sample of my Belgian Pale Ale from Saccharomyces' recipe but brewed w/ WLP550...

Funkiliscious :rockin:

This was fermented at 68*F for 3 weeks, fairly low for a clean profile but it definitely has that Belgian funk and I LOVE it already. Can't wait til it matures and the Golden Strong I brewed with the same yeast but fermented a little higher (let it get to 74-75*) is bottled. I am truly a Belgian fan!!!

My "Beer *****" or as some call her SWMBO likes Rye beers so I surprised her with a hoppy rye ale for her.
We tapped the keg tonight and son of a gun,,,, it is pretty damn good!
Good wife!

Boulevard's Single Wide IPA. I prefer their Double Wide, but I had this left over from a quick trip to a store that doesn't carry "fancy" beers, LOL.

Next up will be a New Pekin Common. My take on the Kentucky Common style, sour mashed with 50% corn.

Chimay Blue Label. Took home about 50 bottles of beer from my Aunt and Uncle's Super Bowl Party. We had a tasting and like 6 people brought Chimay Blue... no one brought red :confused:

Oh well... free beer is bueno. :rockin:

Chimay Blue Label. Took home about 50 bottles of beer from my Aunt and Uncle's Super Bowl Party. We had a tasting and like 6 people brought Chimay Blue... no one brought red :confused:

Oh well... free beer is bueno. :rockin:

Did you just actually ***** about free Chimay b/c it wasn't the RIGHT Chimay? And did you just actually refer to a free Chimay in much the same way most people refer to free Natty Ice? WOW...

New Glarus Enigma. Wasn't sure i'd like it, but it is rather good....it's got just enough fruit in the aftertaste.

Just finished the last one, so I gotta wash it down with some Spotted Cow.

Drinking a Nugget Nectar now followed by a Espresso Oak Aged Yeti and then a Raspberry Bliss to end the night.

Magic Hat Circus boy, their version of a hefe. I bought it to taste against the hefe i made recently. The magic hat was pretty good, though I wasn't overly impressed with the lemon taste. Oh, and my hefe wasn't too shabby either.

Mirror Pond Pale Ale tonight (and home brewed IPA Clone)... Waiting for my 7 batches to bottle condition (yeah I've cheated a bottle or 10 or 15 lost track), in the mean time, I'm drinking some decent store bought stuff!

Fat Heads Head Hunter IPA (GABF silver medal) to be followed by a Great Divide Smoked Baltic Porter I've been saving since Xmas.

I may crack open the first bottle of my Sidekick IPA which has been bottle conditioning for a couple weeks to end the night.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Latest posts

Back