What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my (finally) carbonated Belgian Pale Ale now that I figured out the place I got my CO2 filled gave me helium and not CO2...

Of course my New Castle (got a lot of it). Daughter and her husband (nicest guy in the world) came over for Father's Day and brought a sixer of Mother Ship Wit. Cloudy like in a wheat beer should be, but the most clear I have ever seen a wheat beer, you can almost see your finger prints on the opposite side of the glass. Head came way up on initial pour and has an eighth of an inch while sitting there looking pretty. True Belgiun style, real nose punch everytime you sip, but the taste is not so hit you in the face, it tastes like a Belgiun is supposed to be. Very Very Good.

Here is another first tonight, my son in law and daughter also bought a Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. Oh really robust and good, slightly roasty, and just the perfect molassis type taste in there, had to work at getting a head at first pour, just a wisp of a head as I am drinking it. Not a thick beer, just really robust and full. Another winner!

Taking a night off from my own brew, and actually drinking wine. A nice Syrah rosé, ackshally.

tonight was:
Sierra Nevada Summerfest
Apathy IIPA homebrew x2
Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Started with Maui Coconut Porter, then had a Bear Republic Red Rocket...then I went out to a bar and had a Pacifico Clara and a rum & coke, and now I'm drinking a Port High Tide IPA.

Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre.

First few sips were not so pleasant, then I read 8% alc. content. You can feel the alcohol going down your throat like a shot of rum. half way through the pint I am enjoying the taste a whole lot more.

Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre

OK, last time it was after a New Castle clone of mine, this time first ale of the night. So much better. Earthy taste is the only way I can describe it, and gangbanger start to a buzz.

One of my (OK two of my New Castles)

Anchor Steam.

I have homebrew again! The first two batches of my lager series have made it to the consumption end of the pipeline.

Batch 1 has some fermentation issues but is quite drinkable.
Batch 2 is super clean, but there's not enough of it and it could be stronger (it's basically a 4-gallon starter).

Breckenridge 471 Small Batch. In a word, wow! Can you say alcohol bomb? I'll finish it but won't buy it again.

Edit: Sad to say but I dumped it.

Hoptopia DIPA from Hermitage Brewing Co. San Jose, CA.

These guys took over a closed Tied House brewpub and made it a production brewery.
This is a very good DIPA.
Looking forward to trying the rest of their offerings.

Sierra Nevada Big Foot 2010. Great after a 14 hour day :X.

Also great because grocery had it listed at 7.49$ a 6er :D.

Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA. Pretty good after a 10.5 hour day and whining/bitching employees.

Back