What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hoppy2bmerry on a beer related note, you're a short distance away from High Cotton and Grind City as well as Ghost River's taproom on Beale
Thanks a bunch we are planing to visit Ghost river tomorrow and I appreciate the blog post for breakfast and brunch suggestions. Turns out the corner bar has all local drought beer, but the Manhattan was calling my name today.

IMG_4193.jpeg
Thanks secret Santa/Cupid.

J J Blonde on the left, my version on the right.

D58D0A6E-F134-4935-8AC9-82DB97ABE846.jpeg

Mine is obviously darker but both taste very similar. I put the recipe together using the info on the label-“Brewed with 2-row, Munich, Caramel, and White Wheat”. Noble hops to 30 IBU and 5.4%. I used 65% 2-row, 20% Munich 10, 10% wheat and 5% C40. Perle and Saaz to a calculated 27 IBU. I like it. If I brew it again I’ll might up the light Munich and skip the caramel.

J J Blonde on the left, my version on the right.

View attachment 843520
Mine is obviously darker but both taste very similar. I put the recipe together using the info on the label-“Brewed with 2-row, Munich, Caramel, and White Wheat”. Noble hops to 30 IBU and 5.4%. I used 65% 2-row, 20% Munich 10, 10% wheat and 5% C40. Perle and Saaz to a calculated 27 IBU. I like it. If I brew it again I’ll might up the light Munich and skip the caramel.
Sounds like a delicious beer. I like a small amount of really light crystal (I usually use great western 15) in my blonde. It adds some sweetness without too much caramel flavor or color.

Nectaron/sabro/citra NEIPA with verdant yeast. I was careful with sabro but still tons of vanilla and coconut. Tastes good tho.
View attachment 843597
Can you please tell me the hopping schedule and weight/ratios? I was thinking of using this same hop combo for my next pale ale or ipa (yet to decide which it will be). I'm thinking I want just the smallest amount of Sabro (LUPOMAX in my case). Enough to get just a hint of the Sabro but without it overpowering the other two hops.

Can you please tell me the hopping schedule and weight/ratios? I was thinking of using this same hop combo for my next pale ale or ipa (yet to decide which it will be). I'm thinking I want just the smallest amount of Sabro (LUPOMAX in my case). Enough to get just a hint of the Sabro but without it overpowering the other two hops.
10g magnum @60min
40g Nectaron/30g citra/20g sabro @wp
40g/20g/20g high krausen DH
120g/60g/60g after ferm for 3d

Next time I would use only 20g sabro in In the last DH if at all. And up the nectaron by 40g. So the last dh would be 160/60/20
Beer is great and i like it. But i wanted to nectaron to take the stage.

Recepie below
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1455669/nectaron-verdant-neipa

Back