What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SA Octoberfest. Tasty beer.
IMG_20240222_164900.jpg

". Bad pour on the pilsner made it cloudy" Can you explain how your pour made it cloudy? The Helles doesn't look better.
I think there was some junk from the wet hop at the bottom of the can. Final of the pour was a little cloudy. Helles was crystal clear just my crappy lighting. If you look at the very bottom of glass you can see the difference in clarity

Actually, from the source. I have had a couple of their lagers which have been cloudy. Very good beers but it's just odd for me to have a cloudy lager.

Here's it's from the source/draft/brewery. I drive and extra hour in a four hour drive to visit their brewery. Well worth it
Screenshot_20240222-213438.png

Last edited:
I think there was some junk from the wet hop at the bottom of the can. Final of the pour was a little cloudy. Helles was crystal clear just my crappy lighting. If you look at the very bottom of glass you can see the difference in clarity
Thanks for replying.
"I think there was some junk from the wet hop at the bottom of the can" Quality control problem in my book, it's not a wheat beer.

I'm not much for 'dessert' beers, but this one is actually pretty nice. The Gatekeeper Belgian Chocolate Stout, from local Ol' Beautiful Brewing!

Gets much more smoky as it warms, but definite chocolate 'liqueur' taste throughout...almost crisp at the finish. Very nice...and the taproom looks amazing. Might have to plan a tour and an Uber. Cheers! :mug:

Gatekeeper_BCS.jpg

Thanks for replying.
"I think there was some junk from the wet hop at the bottom of the can" Quality control problem in my book, it's not a wheat beer.
In the spirit of learning I did a little late night research. Lagers were my fav styles to brew back in the day. So to me lagers are about clarity I found on the interwebs that the style sometimes has a bit of haze due to the excessive hopping. On the other side of the fence all the commercial Italian pilsners I've had have been clear. Pappers even had some discussions on the vagueness on the style. Either way the wet hopped aosta is a good beer. In my old age im setting my curmudgeonness aside to enjoy the beer. Hey! I can even respect people that hate hazey ipas :)

So I'll drink two!😉 How is it?
90 proof and I can tell its above what I usually drink. Great oak character, more so than most I’ve had. I see why everybody wants this. I think this was the second time in 3 years I’ve seen a bottle for sale. I gave the first bottle I bought to my dad when he was still alive.

In PA these are restricted. When and if the liquor store has it, they either put it behind the counter or keep it in the back. And you’re only allowed to buy one. Blanton’s, Eagle Rare, and Buffallo Trace. Last week I got this and Blanton’s, which I’ve also never had. I paid $114 for 2 bottles of bourbon and I was thrilled to get them. I was giddy the whole drive home.

Last edited:
Cooking some scampi. Picked up some seafood at the coast. Took my niece out to use some gift cards at a sushi place in Portsmouth. I was impressed and hurt at the same time. She mowed down about $100 worth of sushi in 4 minutes. God help whomever asks her out and tries to impress her with taking her out for dinner.
PXL_20240225_001951048.jpg
PXL_20240225_002050810.LONG_EXPOSURE-01.COVER.jpg
PXL_20240225_011719910.jpg
PXL_20240225_011730605.jpg

Back