What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AL hefe. Not bad, not great. (Slightly better pic.😉)
IMG_20230324_174734.jpg

Saw Bells new mixed 12pk in grocery. Yup Im a sucker and had to bite. This hazy actually isnt that bad compared to commercialized/grocery store competition. The body and mouthfeel is actually quite good. Hops? Can't really pick one out but beer advocate says it has "strata, citra, mosaic, galaxy, el dorado, and other varieties" lol. So its pretty much everything under the sun for hops...no wonder ya can't pick anything out lol. Nevertheless, its actually not bad. Although its a different beer compared to firestone mind haze, I put the overall quality of this in the same "commercial" category. Think its better than the current money train that New Belgium's voodoo ranger series puts out anyways. Of course, prob should get used to Bells putting out MANY varieties/renditions of their core beers just like New Belgium is doing considering they are owned by same parent company (Lion) these days. Damn you Aussies! lol. P.s. I miss their Black Note dearly

thumbnail_IMG_5267.jpeg

Moved house a couple months ago and still haven't have a good brewery set up yet. This is my second brew I've made here. It's an English IPA. OG 1.060 and FG 1.013. 6.2% ABV. Maris Otter base malt with a bit of Crystal malt. Norther Brewer for bittering (leftovers) and a lot of Bramling Cross for Flavour/Aroma. Not my best, but not bad either. Still figuring out the water chemistry here. Very drinkable.

IMG_8537.jpg

Is it lucky when you live in the West and it’s snowing on March 25th? HB Cream Ale.
View attachment 815980
I don’t know about luck, but we’ve had a storm here EVERY week but one since December 13th. I’m so sick of winter. This has been a miserable one. It’s totally possible we could have snow for up to six more weeks. I still have drifts in my windbreak trees from that original storm that are still 9-10’ high.
29BD91DE-ABDA-490E-B46D-F97D56937AEB.jpeg

I don’t know about luck, but we’ve had a storm here EVERY week but one since December 13th. I’m so sick of winter. This has been a miserable one. It’s totally possible we could have snow for up to six more weeks. I still have drifts in my windbreak trees from that original storm that are still 9-10’ high.
View attachment 815996
Wouldn’t know how to handle that cold weather. Living in south Louisiana I guess we’ll see 90* plus real soon.
cheers and hang in there.

Latest posts

Back