What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drinking a gravity sample of my NB bavarian hefeweizen, so tasty! get to bottle this tonight :)

Nice. I'm bottling my Hef this weekend. Last gravity reading (Sunday) was 1.018...waiting for it to get down near 1.011-1.012. OG was 1.054. :rockin:

983605_10152032683312178_715934861_n.jpg

Currently drinking coffee to stay up!

mine has been right at 1.012-1.013 the past couple days and it was brewed on june 1, good enough for me! it will be ready for my bday too, aug 2nd!

I brewed mine June 13th. Hefs shouldn't take too long. I'm bottling this Friday come hell or high water! I want to be drinking by next weekend!

Don't have to secondary. I do, but not for very long as I don't necessarily want the beer to "clear." I just want some of the clumps of yeast to drop out - that's why I'm not giving it too long in the secondary before I bottle.

thats a good idea, mine looked pretty cruddy when i took a peak inside my ale pail, looked clear from yeasties in the test tube tho. i will probably start doing both on all my brews, are there any styles that do not like to be secondary-ied??

A hef doesn't have to be but then again neither do most of the beers I brew. I just like them to clarify even further even if it means risking infection. :D

I'd argue that you should just throw in a whirlfloc tablet (or Irish moss) in the last 15 minutes and skip the secondary. I only use the secondary for a beer that will benefit from bulk aging (big stouts, Belgians) or need to lager. No harm in using one - just increasing the risk of infection.

Edit: Still drinking water. Five o'clock seems to be moving further away instead of closer?

I've used Irish moss for only one beer (Imperial Stout) and I still racked to Secondary. :D

i did use irish moss in this brew actually, its a hefe tho so it is meant to be a little cloudy, cant wait to get home and try a resin!

Enjoying a Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. Pretty refreshing! (Funny, a couple years ago I thought their Pale Ale was "too hoppy". Funny what home-brewing does to the palate (...sophisticates it - that's what!). Now I can't find hoppy-enough brews commercially. No worries - I'll brew my own!!

Goose island sofie paradisi waiting to meet up with DCHokie on day one of beercation.

image-3316948507.jpg

Good beer, I'm guessing it has Brett. Light funk goes with the grapefruit and hops really well. Nice saison.

xMalachi said:
Velvet Rooster. I'm sure this doesn't stand up to the red Coq but it is decent.

Cooler can though. I'm saving that one for see when I get one.

mcbaumannerb said:
Finally five!

Speaking of five, that stout at tired hands sounds pretty excessive. Growler fills of that are gonna break the bank!

about to go get a growler of Little Apple Brewery's new 10# IPA, on $6 growler fill night! i always wait till tuesdays haha

My gf did sooo good for my birthday... She got me a beer kit (which she knows nothing about) a true brew oaked imperial Stout, a starbucks travel French press cause she knows i love some good coffee... And the coffee at work is horrible and this will do wonders for me... She also got me a 4 pack of founders breakfast stout and a year of the sunday ticket! Which i was pretty bummed i thought we couldn't afford this year.... Im a lucky man.... Sooooo im drinking a breakfast stout for the first time and lovin life

ForumRunner_20130625_181850.png

ForumRunner_20130625_181910.png

My gf did sooo good for my birthday... She got me a beer kit (which she knows nothing about) a true brew oaked imperial Stout, a starbucks travel French press cause she knows i love some good coffee... And the coffee at work is horrible and this will do wonders for me... She also got me a 4 pack of founders breakfast stout and a year of the sunday ticket! Which i was pretty bummed i thought we couldn't afford this year.... Im a lucky man.... Sooooo im drinking a breakfast stout for the first time and lovin life

Well well happy birthday man founders breakfast stout is enough to say she loves you cheers ;-)

CliffMongoloid said:

I'm so buying myself one of those travel French presses!
I love Founders Breakfast Stout. Such a good beer. I have one in the fridge, maybe I should do something about that. :D

CliffMongoloid said:

Happy Birthday!

I'm so buying myself one of those travel French presses!
I love Founders Breakfast Stout. Such a good beer. I have one in the fridge, maybe I should do something about that. :D

Yup you should drank it ;-) I got a four pack in the cellar I been saving for two years I should do something about that :p

CliffMongoloid said:

Happy Birthday!

Out at big sky brewery they released 2 cases of Ivan the Terrible today
.. hurried out after work but none left F$%& !!!!! Guess I'll drink the 4 free tester limit and go find some good beer! Bastards.... haha

ForumRunner_20130625_165256.png

Latest posts

Back