What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is much better than monks cafe. Definitely a lot more sour and I'm lovin' it. It is a little sweet, but I like it.

ForumRunner_20130611_193124.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
what style is that? it looks damn tasty. I 'm gonna get some of those Cigar City brews some day. :rockin:

It's a tasty little 9% Double Brown ale.

hey TNGabe, you're just jealous of my proper hellbilly smile. bwahahahhaa!!!

we should trade beers when I get built back up a little.

That sounds good. I'm kinda digging a hole right now, I keep making long term beers and I'm short on carboys.

Drinking hoppy black farmhouse beer. Not what I thought it would be, but I'm really digging it.

That looks good can we get the recipe?

Sure thing.

6 gallon batch
7.25 gallon boil
85% efficiency
Single infusion mash @ 152 F
Batch sparge

10 lbs Munich
6 lbs Vienna
.5 lb Brown
.5 lb Crystal 60 L

2 oz Nugget (12.8%) 60 min
1 oz Cascade (7.3%) 10 min
1 oz Cascade (7.3%) 5 min
1 oz Cascade (7.3%) 20 min aroma steep
2 oz Nugget (12.8%) Dry Hop for 4 days

Ferment with Conan yeast. The Conan is pretty hard to get a hold of, but your best bet is to get a hold of some Heady Topper and build up a starter from the dregs or find someone who has some who is willing to build you up a starter and have them send it to you.

Cheers! :mug:

It's a tasty little 9% Double Brown ale.
nice! I've been thinking of brewing something like that for a while.
That sounds good. I'm kinda digging a hole right now, I keep making long term beers and I'm short on carboys.

Drinking hoppy black farmhouse beer. Not what I thought it would be, but I'm really digging it.

it'll be a little while. I've got a few brews planned, but not enough time to brew them. but you'll sure get one of my Horehound Belgian Strong Ales, one of my first sour attempts, and perchance some of my Rose Hip Saison.

nice! I've been thinking of brewing something like that for a while.

it'll be a little while. I've got a few brews planned, but not enough time to brew them. but you'll sure get one of my Horehound Belgian Strong Ales, one of my first sour attempts, and perchance some of my Rose Hip Saison.

Did you know there are 'big hip' roses? Plants, not curvaceous ladies.

This is...not good...

image-2462319006.jpg

My neighbor gave it to me with the comment, 'maybe you can find a use for it. I can't drink it.'

He was mostly right...

Lavery Belfast Black Smoked Porter watching the US-Panama WC Qualifier. Nice relaxation after another 12 hour work day!

This is...not good...

View attachment 128064

My neighbor gave it to me with the comment, 'maybe you can find a use for it. I can't drink it.'

He was mostly right...
Use it instead of water if you make a lawn or garden tonic.

I'm drinking my own cherry wine. It's very good, but I know I can do better.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 107
Leadgolem said:
Use it instead of water if you make a lawn or garden tonic.

I'm drinking my own cherry wine. It's very good, but I know I can do better.

I used it to boil brats before putting on the grill. It worked fine for that...

HB Coffee Brown. Just noticed my 3 week old co2 tank is in the red already, starsaned the hell out of everything, where is the leak? Yep, the taprite regulator that I paid extra for the upgrade. Looks like they use a Teflon paste, damn.

Just popped open a growler of Oskar the G'Rauch. I'm loving it, juicy citrus and a hint of something like tobacco on the front of the palate becoming definite smoke malt on the aftertaste. Gotta love a smoke IIPA.

Centennial blonde keg just kicked. A moment of silence for a fallen soldier please. My 4.25%abv session apa now has a home though.

LoloMT7 said:
Flew down to Jackson hole to do some work with the boss today... in the eclipse 500

Done installing beams for the day and having a pitcher of snake river pale now

If you are still there you need to go to Thai Me Up and have 2x4 or Shaolin Brew if they have either of them.

Thats the beer that got me on this sour kick that hasnt subsided yet and probably the reason i have a few carboy's with some fine liquid sitting in the corner that has a beautiful film in it

It's a fantastic beer. Kind of a best-of-all-worlds sour.

I'm going to grab another bottle to cellar (since at least according to The Mad Fermentationist it's got live bugs in it still). Hell, might grab 3, cellar two, and drink the third.

I'm waiting until I know when we're moving (could be in a couple months, may not be until April), but I'm planning the same. I've got one going right now, but I'd like to do a bunch more.

Back