What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, yet selfish story. My home cell phone crashed today so been on my work phone. Talking to other technicians on shift today and they say it’s a $hit show. Lots of Implanters down hard (broken) all week slowing down the facility. I guess they know what I already know was how important I am! Haha! We keep hiring bozos to try and replace us higher paid experienced guys. How’s that working??

Switched over to watch the race here in town. At least it’s not all left turns. Ha!

Lucky getting this batch. It’s about 1yr old. Fig is big! Awesome!

IMG_0923.jpeg

Have you picked a favorite yet?
The Foreign Extra had a little more bitterness and heaviness, which was nice. But the standard Guinness is nice for having a few.

I’m not usually a big Guinness drinker. But when in Ireland. :cool:

Taking a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher on the Atlantic tomorrow. Some various stops on the way. Looking forward to seeing it!

Tapped my latest beer this weekend. A triple Dryhopped Triple Hazy ipa at 10.5% abv featuring freestyle Nelson, Nelson CGX, Mosiac T90, Mosaic cryo, and Citra Cryo View attachment 844992
Looks delicious @Dgallo !!

An aside - at a beer festival Saturday I was talking to a pro brewer about cryo vs. LupoMax hops. I assumed they were basically the same, just named differently by two different hop growers. Pro brewer said he preferred using cryo hops because he felt they punch harder than LupoMax. Has this been your observation?

Play time w/local Pils. 25% chance showing for Eclipse day. If that happens your going to see an old grown azz man cry...

View attachment 844989View attachment 844990

For the 2017 eclipse, we weren't getting a total here, but a partial with most eclipsed. The full eclipse was passing to our south.

I was stoked. Had my eclipse glasses, camera with filter, on a tripod, ready to go. Hardly a cloud in the sky.

The eclipse started. Then a bank of clouds moved in. In freaking August! Yay, Minnesota, state of clouds.

Grrr.

I hope you get blue skies for your viewing.

Looks delicious @Dgallo !!

An aside - at a beer festival Saturday I was talking to a pro brewer about cryo vs. LupoMax hops. I assumed they were basically the same, just named differently by two different hop growers. Pro brewer said he preferred using cryo hops because he felt they punch harder than LupoMax. Has this been your observation?
So from my understanding they are extracted slightly different and their rate of concentration is also different. Cryo tend to be more potent but they are also marketed as 2:1 ( 2 oz of typical pellets equal 1 oz of cryo, so twice as potent) lupomax is marketed at 1.6 to 1. I like them both. Lupomax citra has been more consistent for me but the cryo mosaic I have is much better than the lupomax mosaic I’ve used

So from my understanding they are extracted slightly different and their rate of concentration is also different. Cryo tend to be more potent but they are also marketed as 2:1 ( 2 oz of typical pellets equal 1 oz of cryo, so twice as potent) lupomax is marketed at 1.6 to 1. I like them both. Lupomax citra has been more consistent for me but the cryo mosaic I have is much better than the lupomax mosaic I’ve used
Thanks for the info.

Just learned something, don't pour the entire beer into the glass. What poured out at the bottom of the can looked like trub..brownish gunk and significantly changed the beer from smooth/citrus to astringent/bitter and chewing on tea bags. Maybe y'all knew that and I'm just late the the Drekker game. Anyway, they owe me a beer! 😏

PXL_20240325_233641634.MP.jpg

Just learned something, don't pour the entire beer into the glass. What poured out at the bottom of the can looked like trub..brownish gunk and significantly changed the beer from smooth/citrus to astringent/bitter and chewing on tea bags. Maybe y'all knew that and I'm just late the the Drekker game. Anyway, they owe me a beer! 😏

View attachment 845004

Oof.

Reminds me of my first Delirium Tremens. It was in an opaque bottle so I didn't see it coming when the last ounce slid out. It looked like cheese curds. Beer was OK, albeit with a little extra yeast twang from those floaties.

Latest posts

Back