What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Rasputin clone.
57EB7A33-19B3-4174-B9A0-DA26B228711A.jpeg

Here's a glass of IPA that I racked off the dry hopping keg yesterday. I actually managed to blow dry hopped beer out of the PRV on the receiving keg! This was my first batch to utilize my new 6gal dry hopping keg and I'm ecstatic. Full kegs of dry hopped beer, whooooohooooo!

Less of a carb check and more of a "Oh boy, I gotta get this under the gas in post" pour.
CC821F61-B4ED-415C-852D-8D96D6FAA132.jpeg

Also had a glass of Super Dry
81BDB727-63C9-4713-924B-AD0518AE461C.jpeg

Haven't had Abita in a long while although they distribute in my area (or at least used to lol). Never seen this imperial IPA. How is it?
It's really good. I don't usually buy Abita beer either, but one day I stopped at Kroger and the selection was really crappy and I grabbed a pack of these. I was surprised by how good it was.

Drinking my first hefeweizen homebrew.. I put this one in the fridge prematurely (4 days into carbonation) just to try it. It's not half bad tasting just very sweet, since I didn't use enough water. Hopefully I don't end up in the ER. LOL!

It's very sweet because you're probably at least a week premature in the fermentation process, so it's non-alcoholic-ish. Your yeast hasn't had that opportunity to convert the sugars to the booze ;)

Let it ferment for 2 weeks, and then transfer it to bottles. If you're using the desktop app, you can click on my signature. It has a pretty simple method of bottle carbonation.

Latest posts

Back