What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B6918F57-9E54-4159-8F2A-B0D017A523CB.jpeg
A2A6221B-6794-444F-8FF4-3D7838448407.jpeg
These from @TheDudeLebowski to end the weekend.

Nice. Sky cannon ! I also have a 4 inch celestron refractor just for the moon mostly, such sharp images. I've mostly had refractors and reflectors my whole life but got those sct over the last 10 year's. For some reason no matter how sharp my star test, the sct's are just not as sharp to me as reflectors, refractors and Mak-Cass.

Nice! I enjoy DSO astrophotography also. I have an Explore Scientific ES80, Explore Scientific ED127 FCD100, and a Celestron C9.25 SCT, that I mount on a Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro.
ES80.jpg

ED127.jpg

C925.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is bad azz!! Feel free to share your pictures. How high are you (altitude wise..😏)?

Quick question, did you build an adapter for the Celestron? Or buy one?

Here in Prescott AZ, my house is at 5400 feet above sea level latitude 34° - usually Bortle 4-5.
A little confused on your Celestron adapter question - I'm not sure what adapter you are referring to...

Here are 3 of my astrophotos, Pacman Nebula, Rosette Nebula, and Flaming Star Nebula - nebulas are my favorite thing to image.
These are narrow band images using 7 nanometer wide Ha/Sll/Olll filters.

Pacman.jpg

Rosette.jpg

FlamingStar.jpg

Last edited:
Here in Prescott AZ, my house is at 5400 feet above sea level latitude 34° - usually Bortle 4-5.
A little confused on your Celestron adapter question - I'm not sure what adapter you are referring to...

Here are 3 of my astrophotos, Pacman Nebula, Rosette Nebula, and Flaming Star Nebula - nebulas are my favorite thing to image.
These are narrow band images using 7 nanometer wide Ha/Sll/Olll filters.

View attachment 770440

View attachment 770441

View attachment 770442
Thanks for sharing! Beyond fantastic photos. What we can do as amateurs is pretty amazing these days. I read a Celestron tube wouldn't mount, that's why I asked. Got a few items coming my way from Amazon to aid the astrophotography cause. I hate vacations. I usually get my energy back then get excited to do things only to be let down when returning to my life sucking job! Ha! I might PM a question or 2 if you don't mind.

Micy-D Diet Coke with the grandson...OT

We leave Iceland tomorrow, so these are the last beers I get to sample. Beer here is really expensive in bars so went to the national store for these. Which is an experience as well - 4-packs, 6-packs and 12-packs are available, but everyone just rips beers out of the package and buys them as singles (450-1,000 Kr; 130 Kr/$1 USD). So, 3.50 to 8.00-ish per beer. Most bars are 1050-1300/beer - but you don’t tip so save some at a bar. Anyway, here are tonight’s selection with a map of where they are brewed. They do like session IPAs. First one from about as far north as can be <50 miles from Arctic.
AF37E7E7-FAFF-48A7-A6E4-9F6AAEBD0F4A.jpeg
7CD1EFF3-3420-4857-B7B0-1BF07A695E6E.jpeg
3A134813-0085-4432-9F78-559BA1F8549D.jpeg

Next two are from The Brothers Brewery on a small island just off the southern coast of Iceland. Wanted to go, but I don’t do well on the water.
5AFD2673-72F9-4A06-A914-28065A064396.jpeg
C3D43A23-7761-4691-BF1E-B489176C6463.jpeg
6F4F84A8-C3A1-4BF9-A5BE-75C8D5BCC846.jpeg
DFB0B585-D034-483F-9033-19E591E1F268.jpeg

Interesting beer in Iceland - which is still very young in terms of beer. Was only legalized in 1988. Back to reality tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing! Beyond fantastic photos. What we can do as amateurs is pretty amazing these days. I read a Celestron tube wouldn't mount, that's why I asked. Got a few items coming my way from Amazon to aid the astrophotography cause. I hate vacations. I usually get my energy back then get excited to do things only to be let down when returning to my life sucking job! Ha! I might PM a question or 2 if you don't mind.

Micy-D Diet Coke with the grandson...OT

The stock rail on the bottom of the Celestron C9.25 SCT mounted just fine on the EQ6-R Pro. But my C9.25 is an older gen 1 scope, I can't speak for the newer generations.
Sure - PM away, I'll help if I can. :)

We leave Iceland tomorrow, so these are the last beers I get to sample. Beer here is really expensive in bars so went to the national store for these. Which is an experience as well - 4-packs, 6-packs and 12-packs are available, but everyone just rips beers out of the package and buys them as singles (450-1,000 Kr; 130 Kr/$1 USD). So, 3.50 to 8.00-ish per beer. Most bars are 1050-1300/beer - but you don’t tip so save some at a bar. Anyway, here are tonight’s selection with a map of where they are brewed. They do like session IPAs. First one from about as far north as can be <50 miles from Arctic.

Next two are from The Brothers Brewery on a small island just off the southern coast of Iceland. Wanted to go, but I don’t do well on the water.

Interesting beer in Iceland - which is still very young in terms of beer. Was only legalized in 1988. Back to reality tomorrow.

Looks to be a full filling trip! Can't remember why you went, but I'm sure it wasn't for the beer! 😁

Safe journey my Husker friend! 🍻

Just landed in NC
Starting with local beer.
View attachment 770436

A fine choice, too. Enjoy your trip!

OT: not a bad low calorie beer. But with the IPA name, I’d expect it to be just a bit more hop heavy. This is more like someone threw in a couple extra pellets to a 1000 gallon batch of Miller Lite.

35887BF6-91E4-4513-B2F1-7AA800E8A822.jpeg

My Old Rasputin clone keg kicked but I have another 5 gallons fermenting. This is at the 24 hour mark.
View attachment 770460
OR was my first Imperial Stout. I couldn't drink more then 1/4 of it. It was like straight up Everclear to me. Ha! My how times changed. Did you get a kit or make up the recipe?

OR was my first Imperial Stout. I couldn't drink more then 1/4 of it. It was like straight up Everclear to me. Ha! My how times changed. Did you get a kit or make up the recipe?
Ha! I got a kit from MoreBeer.com. This is the third time I’ve brewed it. It’s more mellow, not as hoppy as the real McCoy. I like the clone better as it’s a smoother drinker. The first two times the ABVs were 11.16 and 11.55. We’ll see what this one comes out at.

Short pour of Irish Red after a morning of shooting gophers with my 7 yo grandson, who’s staying with us for a week.
View attachment 770315
We don’t hunt gophers, we just shoot them. We’re overrun with the little bastards. For some reason, the usual number of predators (foxes and coyotes, mostly) have been conspicuously absent the last few years. Since the gestation period of gophers is something like twelve days (I kid, but it seems that short) they multiply quite rapidly.
Love that glass! 😂

Nice! I enjoy DSO astrophotography also. I have an Explore Scientific ES80, Explore Scientific ED127 FCD100, and a Celestron C9.25 SCT, that I mount on a Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro.
View attachment 770416

View attachment 770417

View attachment 770418
Nice gear ! No more scopes over 6 inch for me, getting older and just too heavy. I've only had my Meade LX85 mount out 3 times but I'm not crazy about it. I wish I hadn't sold my old trusty Celestron ASGT. I may sell the Meade and go back to Celestron, maybe try the AVX. Have not done DSO photography just moon and planets with entry level cameras, Celestron Nextimage 5 and ASI120MC-S. Can't afford cooled cameras. 🍻

Drinking my Kentucky Common. Nailed it. I put a tad bit of Dark Cherry Extract for just that hint of sweetness.
Anyway, attention all Beer Gods!
Does anyone know of any recipe to concoct a brew called GRIMMBERGER? Grimmys for short. Its a French Double Amber Ale made by those crazy Trappist Monks. I can no longer find it anywhere and I'm throwing in the towel trying to locate it. The brew is fantastic, to me anyway. I seriously need the Gods on this one. Thank you in advance! Peace.

Drinking my Kentucky Common. Nailed it. I put a tad bit of Dark Cherry Extract for just that hint of sweetness.
Anyway, attention all Beer Gods!
Does anyone know of any recipe to concoct a brew called GRIMMBERGER? Grimmys for short. Its a French Double Amber Ale made by those crazy Trappist Monks. I can no longer find it anywhere and I'm throwing in the towel trying to locate it. The brew is fantastic, to me anyway. I seriously need the Gods on this one. Thank you in advance! Peace.
I think you just wrote the recipe. Imperial Amber using Trappist yeast (WY3787)...😉

Wife comes back tomorrow but moving VERY forward on beer related activities this last week. Here are a couple projects I did using spare materials for the most part. I can now temperature control 2 buckets in this small freezer. Built up an another mash tun with an old cooler also.

Couldn't resist a 7day sample of the IPA. Columbus and Hop blend Citiva in the boil/whirlpool. Then 3days after, cryo hop Citra/Mosaic and more Citiva during fermentation. Same will be kegged hop. Hope it stays this way. I've tasted this flavor in so many modern IPAs. Recognized it immediately. Orange juice like. Nice bitterness. Since I've always struggled with IPAs, enjoying while it lasts.

PXL_20220601_183255503.jpg
PXL_20220601_183335768.jpg
PXL_20220601_183346966.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Back