What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E90114A4-447E-4C58-B1A0-51D00E991344.jpeg
Coffee… please forgive the crock shot.

Brunch...with some Vitamin Sea

I'm not a fan of crazy adjuncts or milk stouts. This is my first vsb big stout. I usually stay away from them due to their descriptions.

If you were to tell me condition with vanilla, choc and cinn? I'd say spot on. Pretty good.

Company We Keep.

We took our base stout recipe and conditioned it on Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Stroopwafels, cacao nib, vanilla bean, marshmallow and cinnamon.
IMG_20211107_125357.jpg

Another excellent beer from @WhoDatDad78 from the LOT thread... this one is a perfect beer for an early brew day. Takes me back to about 10 years ago when I had my first berliner it was during philly beer week and I was sitting at the now defunct nodding head brewpub, feeling the effects of the day before, had their berliner with splash of orange juice for a hair of the dog special.
View attachment 748165
That was a nice change up. Very juicy.

Also, shameless plug if anyone wants to swap beer cross-country that you may not otherwise get yer mitts on.
Local Only Trade (LOT)

So my wife accidentally let her awesomeness shine through this morning. I got a pretty early start on a brew day. I mentioned out loud that "the only thing that is bad about starting a brew day early is that I have a hard time justifying having a beer this early". She said "then you need to design a breakfast beer made for brew days that start this early".

To keep this post on topic, towards the latter half of my Brew Day, I had a home-brewed Amber ale.

So my wife accidentally let her awesomeness shine through this morning. I got a pretty early start on a brew day. I mentioned out loud that "the only thing that is bad about starting a brew day early is that I have a hard time justifying having a beer this early". She said "then you need to design a breakfast beer made for brew days that start this early".

To keep this post on topic, towards the latter half of my Brew Day, I had a home-brewed Amber ale.

She's a keeper!

Server asked if I wanted a classic garnish or maybe bleu cheese in my olive & he must have guessed my answer by the puzzled look I gave him like... "do I LOOK millennial?"
"If you are ever lost in the desert, start mixing a Martini... 7 people will immediately show up to tell you exactly how you are doing it wrong, whereupon you can simply ask for directions" - Apocryphal

Interesting. Three years ago, Aug '18, I was up there and they had haze and "haze with peach" on tap. The peach added atop the haze was great. Now it seems they just decided to run with it and can it.
Yup. That's what they're doing. I like it because it's Haze but with peach. Not puree either.

I always recommend people to look for the one offs on the menu if they're going and having a pour. And I always strongly recommend the stout one offs. They'll blow you're mind away. I have had some one off IPA clunkers

They are restricting it usually to one can pp.

OT: Julius with passion fruit
IMG_20211107_181237.jpg
IMG_20211107_181249.jpg

My reward after yard work. The new place is about 10x the yard of the old place and the previous owners did zilch after the offer was accepted. I have about 20% of my goal attained, and my next days off are forecasted freezing. So, see you in spring, leaves and whatever the hell is planted behind the garage.
7101B064-1C74-4BEE-BDC2-09F87E53CFB4.jpeg

Let's make a 4 stroke with no oil sump... what could possibly go wrong?
Man I wonder some times how things come about... I had the luxury of pulling the carb off my buddies 400z a couple weeks ago. Thing ran like garbage, the fuel was so yellow I couldn't believe how bad it was. All cleaned up and running great, btw I hate carburetors..

Man I wonder some times how things come about... I had the luxury of pulling the carb off my buddies 400z a couple weeks ago. Thing ran like garbage, the fuel was so yellow I couldn't believe how bad it was. All cleaned up and running great, btw I hate carburetors..
Carbs are great, u just gotta run em dry...although I will say, I vastly prefer float bowl carbs to diaphragm style...way less to go wrong. That includes the old Briggs diaphragm ones, I hated them too!

Back