What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up a DFH Aprihop and now enjoying a newly canned 7 Seas Ballz Deep (DIPA). Ending IPApril on a good note.

On to a Modus Hoperandi by Ska Brewing. (I have been digging brews in cans recently, I noticed that Brooklyn is starting to can. I have wayyyyy too many bottles so these beer cans force me to recycle them)

Scotch. SWMBO meant well, but she didn't buy single malt. It just doesn't have the right smoothness.

Every so often, I let myself be seen drinking it.

El Camino IPA from Pizza Port. I stopped by for a pizza to go and a growler fill since I was working in San Clemente this afternoon. Good Stuff..

Just finished up an El Camino (Un)Real Black Ale, it was pretty good. Could def taste all the roasted malt flavors and figs, didn't really get much from the pink peppercorns or fennel seed.

The mess of a Barleywine from the Longshot 6er. I'm gonna age the second bottle to see how it does with some time, but I'm considering a drain pour on this one.

On to a Modus Hoperandi by Ska Brewing. (I have been digging brews in cans recently, I noticed that Brooklyn is starting to can. I have wayyyyy too many bottles so these beer cans force me to recycle them)

That's a tasty treat in a can. Brought myself some back from Chicago last weekend. It seems so wrong, but tastes so right to be drinking something like that from a can.

Just polished off a bomber of Daisy Cutter and bottle of 2009 Goose County Stout. (the chicago beers are keeping me going, about 4 more to try this week yet!!) :)

Stone 2008 RIS, thanks to my local Winking Lizard.;) Think a few of them are going home with me for further aging!

Took a sample of this Peach Walnut Wheat while moving to keg. Very happy:)
Noticed oil on top of beer, then remembered reading something about toasting the walnuts.

Noticed oil on top of beer, then remembered reading something about toasting the walnuts.

Dude, that sounds awesome. Post up a recipe.

Currently taking in an Arcadia Hop Mouth.:mug:

Did you add the walnuts to mash or the secondary? How much did you use? I have a Wheat that I am going to secondary with Peach Puree?

Cruzan Black Strap RUM! a few cubes to chill NO LIME. pure black sugar cane! yum.
May sacrifice some when I do my next vanilla bean porter! Fantastic! great value for awesome black rum!

Guinness Extra Stout, the one with the oval label and no widget. Funny thing was when I bought it at Safeway the cashier said, "Yeah, that's the good kind of Guinness. Not the other kind. This is the real kind you get at the bars." I didn't want to tell him that almost every Guinness you get at the bars is the draught style on nitro like the cans/bottles with the widget, or "the other kind".

Guinness Extra Stout, the one with the oval label and no widget. Funny thing was when I bought it at Safeway the cashier said, "Yeah, that's the good kind of Guinness. Not the other kind. This is the real kind you get at the bars." I didn't want to tell him that almost every Guinness you get at the bars is the draught style on nitro like the cans/bottles with the widget, or "the other kind".

LOL your right. Extra Stout is more of a sweet stout.

Leftover keg from my buddy's party of Snake River Brewing McBreezly's Brown Ale. Definitely tasty.

Apologies to OP, I don't have this down to an art to post in the Recipe section.

Dude, that sounds awesome. Post up a recipe.

Currently taking in an Arcadia Hop Mouth.:mug:

Did you add the walnuts to mash or the secondary? How much did you use? I have a Wheat that I am going to secondary with Peach Puree?

Very Basic Recipe, I just brew beer, never use hydrometer. Working at getting more of a handle on this brew thing. Doing it 6 years and just found this site about six months ago. Never thought I would need to be so precise.

Walnuts one bag (4 or 5 oz. maybe) put in juicer first then 3 large cans o Peaches with out the heavy syrup into a Jack Lalane Juicer, had to run it three or four times through the machine to get a healthy freezer bag worth of pulp. I also did 4 cans of Tart Cherries (smaller cans) in a seperate freezer bag, for the other five gallon batch. Both of these prepared and frozen while Beer is in Primary.

I do ten gallon batches, this is my "Basic Wheat Beer" recipe.

1 hour boil
10 gal. batch

10 lbs. pale 6 row
10 lbs. wheat
1 lb. Crystal malt
1 oz. (Tettnager) in at first boil
1 oz. (Cascade) in at 30 min.
1 oz. (Cascade) in at 15 min. before flameout

Notingham with DME amber 10 oz. starter stepped up one extra round.
Room temp fermentation (my next build, a Lager closet)

Going into Secondaries, simmer each bag seperately for fifteen minutes (sterilization) and cool. Toss into Secondaries and rack on top.

The oil is noticeable on top of the beer (peaches and walnuts) but tastes fine. I read somewhere to introduce nuts there needs to be a roasting process to lower the amount of oils. I remembered it when I saw the oil on top of sample.

Again sorry OP for recipe'ing your thread.:)

Rodenbach Grand Cru
New Albanian Hoptimus IIPA
Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree IPA

Haven't had that one yet, but I'll watch for it.

Right now:

Bell's Hell Hath No Fury (bourbon barrel edition) abbey dubbel (although it sure tastes like a stout to me)

12aae8f8.jpg

Look at that nitrogen-like head...very impressive
4cff58c7.jpg

Yes, that's 3 1/2 Bud Lights cowering in the background (the keg blew on that last one...unfortunately they had another keg).
It still boggles my mind that someone would order a bunch of Bud Lights with that lineup available...
a8409576.jpg

Finishing up a Midnight Sun Mayhem, Belgian DIPA. Really enjoyed this brew. It was my first from Midnight Sun, but I'll def be trying more from their lineup after having this.

Yuengling. This is after a Left hand Chainsaw Ale. Drank a Terrapin Limited Release #10 last night. And Avery's Collaboration Not Litigation. And a Old rasputin aged in bourbon barrels. Damn good night and beers. I just graduated college today. I am so happy that this is over even though it is bittersweet. I also popped some grad ales and other assorted homebrew.

These beers wouldn't have tasted near as well or have even been possible without the help of all of you great people.

Thanks!!:mug:

Oso's "Big O".

Pretty good. Has a lot of hop with a very strong mouth feel and a tangy after-taste.

They were giving away 16 oz glasses with purchases at the supermarket.

Way cool.

Fuller's London Porter

This is probably the best canned beer I've ever had!
They sure make a good brew!

I'm patiently waiting for my Tazanus Brown to be ready!
Why the cool name you ask??
Well... As I was pooring boiling water in my mash tun, my buddy's dog "Taz"'s Anus bumped the bubba cooler and ended up getting hot water on his tail/anus...

Hense.. Tazanus Brown.

Absolutely nothing. I'm never drinking again.

(Still hungover from the Boonville Beer Festival)

Back