What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Märzen. I always like to try several commercial versions to compare mine to when I get a chance. I like this one better than the other.
81782EA8-9544-47E5-A5DF-6790F365A96A.jpeg

Super fruity and quite "dry" with a FG of 1.012. But at 10.2% abv the alcohol sweetness balances it out nicely. No hop burn at all, and surprisingly crushable for a triple.
Looks great man! Glad you enjoyed it. I haven’t been able to get mine to break the 1.018 mark. I like it currently but I’d love to see it finish a tad drier so I felt like I could have 2.

Looks great man! Glad you enjoyed it. I haven’t been able to get mine to break the 1.018 mark. I like it currently but I’d love to see it finish a tad drier so I felt like I could have 2.

I got 84% attenuation with A24 Dryhop. But it's about the 5th generation and despite my best efforts I think I've selected out the more attenuative component of the blend...

HB Triple NEIPA "La Ballena", recipe courtesy of @Dgallo
View attachment 706740
We need a beer "Glamour Shots" thread. I've seen some amazing beer photos posted by you guys :cool:
That looks sexy! Do you and @Dgallo mind sharing the recipe? I would like to give a TIPA a shot after I do my imperial stout later this month.

@camonick
How was the lienie toasted bock? I wanted to snag a 12er but I got distracted by sale items instead
I liked it. Nice and malty, if that’s your thing. I didn’t really get the “toasted” part, but I’m not as much a beer taster as a beer drinker.
:bigmug:

16F73282-C17F-4535-BE04-AA7312686E4D.jpeg
Same IPA but with yeast from Other Half built up from dregs.
I think I have some hop particles stuck in my keg poppets. Ugh! Even with flow control faucets (just cleaned before kegging), it foams like crazy no matter what. I tried to bottle the beers earlier this week with my neighbor, same problem with the beer gun even if I dropped the pressure to move the beer slowly. Just foam all the way down the beer line.
I hate to take the poppet off and clean it but I may not have a choice. I would do a close transfer to another keg but it’s just foam it all into the new keg.
The damn struggles of a home brewer!

Looks like quite a color difference.
Yeah. Bayern makes another Märzen which is a seasonal brew they call “Groomer” (has a picture of a ski trail groomer on the label). I don’t have a picture in the same lighting, but it’s not quite as dark and not as malty as the Oktoberfest.
EAE24F66-6FB7-4D81-9609-AA054C849ECB.jpeg

4B77C684-6534-4AB4-8808-B5E34A787495.jpeg
I’m at a loss b/c I took the posts off and they were both clean nothing stuck in the posts or poppets, even the ball lock connectors are clean and clear too. This one has turned pretty bitter, it used to be juicy, fruity & citrusy and that seems to have noticeably faded. The lines and faucets are good too. Maybe it’s at the bottom of the post or in the post but I didn’t want to pull them out too. Ugh!

View attachment 706839I’m at a loss b/c I took the posts off and they were both clean nothing stuck in the posts or poppets, even the ball lock connectors are clean and clear too. This one has turned pretty bitter, it used to be juicy, fruity & citrusy and that seems to have noticeably faded. The lines and faucets are good too. Maybe it’s at the bottom of the post or in the post but I didn’t want to pull them out too. Ugh!
I’m not sure about the deterioration in flavor, but a compromised o-ring under the liquid dip tube is notorious for causing foamy pours.

I’m not sure about the deterioration in flavor, but a compromised o-ring under the liquid dip tube is notorious for causing foamy pours.
0990DDAC-DC63-4ECF-A7B7-06186E1949E3.jpeg
Thanks for that insight! It might be time to replace the o-rings after the kegs kick.
This is the one fermented with the POG yeast. It still tastes pretty darn good.

View attachment 706841Thanks for that insight! It might be time to replace the o-rings after the kegs kick.
This is the one fermented with the POG yeast. It still tastes pretty darn good.
Happened to me recently. The seal on the liquid out tube had a tear in it. Pulled a lot of air and foam. I replaced it and all is well again. Luckily in my case it was a dark lager and not an ipa.

Happened to me recently. The seal on the liquid out tube had a tear in it. Pulled a lot of air and foam. I replaced it and all is well again. Luckily in my case it was a dark lager and not an ipa.
Yeah you guys (@camonick too) are probably right. The o-rings were replaced a while ago and look ok but it’s probably time to do a full replacement on these kegs.
Thanks guys for the suggestions and insight! That’s what I love about this forum!

Just got to be honest about this one, not very good. It’s so coyingly sweet with such lack of carb that it’s genuinely difficult to swallow. I have experienced this quite a bit recently with imperial milk stouts. Not a fan of where the style is going. Rant over lol
4DD511BA-88AC-4AD5-9B88-0A6274D6B907.jpeg

Back