What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0DB10120-0786-46F6-8BBE-80C04EEA564C.jpeg

Miner’s Gold Hefe. This isn’t much of a Hefe, but it’s a refreshing hot weather beer.

Finished the pea harvest today. Will spend tomorrow setting up the combines for wheat harvest and moving some grain between bins to make room for the new crop.
E7ECCD04-9A97-45B6-9BC6-02C07D6D8B5C.jpeg

They shut down for good almost at the start of this. They were either operating very fine margins, or they were ready to retire anyways. My damn punch card!!

What's up with the SC mountains? Looks like Boulder Creek is gone! We don't really know anyone in the are anymore. Awful...

Start of the weekend...
IMG_20200819_142553.jpg

What's up with the SC mountains? Looks like Boulder Creek is gone! We don't really know anyone in the are anymore. Awful...

Oh let's see...

Starting in Big Sur we have the Dolan Fire, go North and you will run into the Carmel Fire (actually it's in Cachagua - Kah-Sha-Wah), nearby is the newly formed [insert name] Fire that started presumably from one of the nearby ones, and keep going a bit further and you hit the larger River Fire (the one that started about 8-10 miles from me). Then head into the Santa Cruz Mountains and you're in the crazily fast moving and growing Lightning Complex Fire.

From a friend in Ben Lomond - "I'm standing on highway 9 a couple miles south of Boulder Creek and it's bumper to bumper traffic due to the evacuations. Everyone is getting the heck out of dodge right now. Toy haulers, RVs, fully loaded trucks all hauling ass southbound on 9. New fires popping up everywhere between Big Basin and hwy 9. Fire crews can't keep up."

I moved out to California 14 years ago moving into a cabin out in Sky Ranch (off Cachagua Road ... about 30min drive to Pebble Beach for reference). Anyways, this is where I lived briefly.
Flagg home.jpg

Welp, time for a beer I guess.
View attachment 694582

Amen... brother in San Luis Obispo says he can smell smoke. Dad in the Sonora area says the same, guess its the Vacaville fire. Wife says Felton and the UCSC are under voluntarily evacuation. That means Santa Cruz is next in line. Faak!

Next....

IMG_20200819_153228.jpg

Amen... brother in San Luis Obispo says he can smell smoke. Dad in the Sonora area says the same, guess its the Vacaville fire. Wife says Felton and the UCSC are under voluntarily evacuation. That means Santa Cruz is next in line. Faak!

Voluntarily won't last long...they will be dragging people out of the mountains soon enough if it continues to expand as rapidly as it has been. I think there are a few cities in the SCM that have already put in mandatory evacuations (I think).

Voluntarily won't last long...they will be dragging people out of the mountains soon enough if it continues to expand as rapidly as it has been. I think there are a few cities in the SCM that have already put in mandatory evacuations (I think).

Boulder Creek, Ben Lomand (previous home), Lompico according to my wife ( I think also)

HB Jalapeno/Pineapple Hard Limeade

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200819164640808_COVER.jpg

Latest posts

Back