What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next....
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200815162510698_COVER.jpg
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200815181002532_COVER.jpg

Well with th aluminum shortage who knows what's going to happen.

View attachment 694143
Aluminum shortage... I’ve worked for aluminum smelters and in the US they are all shutting down. It’s really an issue because there are only a few left in the US (maybe one) that can make military grade aluminum and only a hand full left at all. I think it a major issue that few know anything about.

Interestingly I also work for a major glass manufacturer, who would prefer we all drink from glass bottles. But there are several glass bottle manufacturers in the US, so I’m a lot less worried about them for strategic purposes...

Last edited:
I was gonna fill a couple of hand grenades with Lawnmower Blonde this morning, to put in my lunch box. I got about 2 ounces in the first bottle and the keg kicked. So, the beer I had for breakfast wasn’t bad, but there was no more for dessert.

A couple of hours ago, while repairing the fuel system on one of our semis. There’s an All Day IPA inside the beer condom.
55C7191A-B362-4AF2-91F7-80F84B4B1275.jpeg

Another one with roast beef dinner (at almost 10PM; harvest hours).
9F0B07CB-EA57-4FF8-8C55-D12C8B4CACEE.jpeg

So I’ve come to a conclusion after drinking that Smithwick’s last night. It was the first one I’ve ever had and didn’t realize it was brewed by Guinness. About half way through the bottle I told my wife “this has the Guinness “flavor” even though it’s a red ale”. Therefore my pea brain thinks it has to be the water and/or the yeast at the brewery and not some secret ingredient. I’d love to get my hands on some of it.
Coffee
16215902-D98C-4BC5-9E13-B6E37AD53F62.jpeg

Last edited:
Aluminum shortage... I’ve worked for aluminum smelters and in the US they are all shutting down. It’s really an issue because there are only a few left in the US (maybe one) that can make military grade aluminum and only a hand full left at all. I think it a major issue that few know anything about.

Interestingly I also work for a major glass manufacturer, who would prefer we all drink from glass bottles. But there are several glass bottle manufacturers in the US, so I’m a lot less worried about them for strategic purposes...

That's interesting. This is clearly off topic but I'd like to hear your version of the president's tariffs on Canada aluminum. I have my opinion but you sound more in tune, maybe PM me?

OT....still sucking down the 11%er. Last day of vacation but only a 2day work week so staying inebriated is no biggie! 😉

Back