What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When in Rome
20181220_205701.jpeg

More Joe from J

Thanks again @jimysonView attachment 603316

That was the last of a small bit of Colombia that I had. I may need to look at a restock of that one. Unfortunately I ran out of home roasted and resorted to Kroger Sumatra. Not terrible but not awesome. Needless to say, I’ll be roasting tonight.

IMG_0001.JPG

That was the last of a small bit of Colombia that I had. I may need to look at a restock of that one. Unfortunately I ran out of home roasted and resorted to Kroger Sumatra. Not terrible but not awesome. Needless to say, I’ll be roasting tonight.

Did you ever roast the mystery beans?
I should roast more tonight too for our travels next week, but that won’t happen until tomorrow. Home brew club meeting tonight, I missed the last three months. [emoji53]

Did you ever roast the mystery beans?
I should roast more tonight too for our travels next week, but that won’t happen until tomorrow. Home brew club meeting tonight, I missed the last three months. [emoji53]

No. [emoji853]

I’ve had a hard time keeping up with the demand for the daily cup and the random trades to focus on something that will interest me. I just started PTO today until after the new year so I’m definitely going to get a batch in. What roast level do you recommend?

No. [emoji853]

I’ve had a hard time keeping up with the demand for the daily cup and the random trades to focus on something that will interest me. I just started PTO today until after the new year so I’m definitely going to get a batch in. What roast level do you recommend?

I seem to like all my coffee on the lighter side of the roast, but I think you can't go wrong anywhere from a City+ to a Full City+ roast on them. Let me know if you would like the details on the beans before you roast and I'll play nice and PM it to you. ;) LOL

I seem to like all my coffee on the lighter side of the roast, but I think you can't go wrong anywhere from a City+ to a Full City+ roast on them. Let me know if you would like the details on the beans before you roast and I'll play nice and PM it to you. ;) LOL

Nope. I’ll give half of them a shot based on smell of the green bean. Then the second half based on my roasting experience.

Let's see... American Wheat, Cherry Mead, Cream Ale, Amber Ale, Blood Orange Wheat, Brown Ale, Endless Summer Kolsch, Hazelnut Brown Ale, Peach Mead, Peach Hard Cider, Pear Hard Cider, Pumpkin Ale, Rye IPA, Strawberry Blonde Ale and Vanilla Cream Ale. Of course, not all at the same time :)

Noticed everything tones down after a few months anyway. I've learned to overdo it especially vanilla. I'm jelly need to brew stouts again. You can aways join the Fellowship of the Home Brew if you want to share...[emoji16]

How does that work? I keg as well and have never bottled. Ever!

How does that work? I keg as well and have never bottled. Ever!
I use a beer gun. It's pricy but makes life easy. Participants draw orders are randomly selected. OP posts everyone's offerings. On draft day we just go down the list on who wants what. Who ever got to pick 1st has to run the next round. Easy peasy and we get pretty excited for sure!

Fresh apple, beet, carrot, ginger juice...lunch.
Screenshot_2018-12-20-14-25-06.jpeg
20181220_141838.jpeg

See a bunch of those sloops just came in up here. So much for not buying more beer this weekend.

:rock:
I’ve been Huge fan of sloop from the beginning . So happy for them and their expansion. Going to start making some noise. Just this week I’ve gotten 5 different ones from them.

I’ve been Huge fan of sloop from the beginning . So happy for them and their expansion. Going to start making some noise. Just this week I’ve gotten 5 different ones from them.

Yeah seems like they are all-in on appeasing the juice wolves. How was the Nelson? I find that people are either love it or hate it on nelson heavy funk bombs. Just had my first all nelson IPA and I'm clearly on the love side.

Yeah seems like they are all-in on appeasing the juice wolves. How was the Nelson? I find that people are either love it or hate it on nelson heavy funk bombs. Just had my first all nelson IPA and I'm clearly on the love side.
Nelson is one of my favorite hops. This one came out really good. I’ve never personally ever got any funk from it. Just a lot of white wine. Kinda like a pino griz

Latest posts

Back