What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put about a lb to a 1.5lbs for 2.5 gallons. Guess i need a crap ton more lol.

J Wakefield suggests 1-2lb of each fruit per gallon, depending on the strength of the flavor from the fruit. That's how he gets all of those neon colors. I did 5lb raspberry and 3lb sliced limes in a 3gal berliner. Great color, decent raspberry flavor, but it had an overwhelming pithy-ness. Next time I will zest the limes and add the meat to avoid the pith. That was an expensive learning experience.
Drinking vodka and lemonade.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439607974.845730.jpg
Pic of the berliner

I feel a little teased, but will be shipping ASAP. I was going to wait till I scored some dust but I like the idea of you getting to drink a permanent funeral that is only 8 or 9 days old. It now looks like a state fair trip is happening tomorrow, hopefully Sunday is slow enough to box some beer.

Pour #2.

I do like young things....

BEER! Fresh Beer! Get your minds out of the gutter!

I put about a lb to a 1.5lbs for 2.5 gallons. Guess i need a crap ton more lol.

It was good, but raspberry was subtle. I like fruit beer to smack you in the face with fruit. the 1 raspberry saison I did I used 3lbs in 2.5 gallons and thought it was a light on raspberry, so I might not be the best judge.

Get them over there stat before they run out of permanent funeral. Get a case, share one with fins so I don't have to and it will trade as well or better than zombie dust. All this free time I have had lately is expensive and does not go well with the paychecks that don't have the 600 bucks in OT! Moloko is a great milk stout that is out now. If they can score some battle priest you will want that. They ran out of the BA milk stout while I was on my way up today... The reason for my trip. If getting it for five bucks at the brewery, calumet queen is a really good kolsch. Beer stores charge normal 3f bomber prices for it so I would pass. I can brew 5 gals of kolsch for the 13 bucks a bomber cost anywhere but at three Floyd's. Have them hit some stores in the land of Lincoln too. You want revolution rosa as well as the barrel beers that are still on shelves.

I'll try to get them over there tomorrow. Thanks for the list.

In my experience, everything. I've yet to have zombie dust but I've had like 8 others and they were all at least solid and some were incredible. I really like Gumballhead myself, and all the IPA's I've had are great.

I agree. I've enjoyed most of what I've had from them. Alpha King is one of my favorite IPAs. They seem to make to ton of beers I've never heard of.

HB pineapple Hefe
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439608524.124778.jpg

A 9.4% nightcap...smooth, heavy, a little smokey. Coffee finish is nice.

IMG_20150815_240745728.jpg

Water. Watching the Giants game while the baby and wife sleep. Had my 2 Fresh Squeezed and the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

I acquired this beer about two years ago from a trade on hbt. This little gem was in tucked far back in the cellar and I forgot about it for a while.
Until tonight(after a few hb's of course)

The brett is in full affect from the get go. One of the best brett beers ive had to date. Ripe mango and lime peels with a sweet musty smell that reminded of a of a certain body part on a female..:eek:
Just awesome.
Thanks RobB for this one! :beer:

View attachment 1439614359996.jpg

Hydro sample of my latest brew was supposed to be an ipa it smells like an ipa its bitter like an ipa only that dude to efficiency its technically a pale ale 1045-1008 2 row muncich carapils colombus for bittering chinook citra for late additions damn tasty.

Water.
I need to start telling my friend I want to leave an hour before I actually want to leave. She's 45 min late for every****ingthing.

Back