What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giphy.gif

See if you can get your hands on the green flash/cellar 3 Flanders drive. Great flanders with a fair amount of oak and whiskey. It was pricy, but done well.

Chai. Brought some baking soda for the office fridge. It is wretched in there. Thinking of sprinkling some around on the counter to listen to the reaction.

You got an extra? :D

View attachment 295742
Had to run up to the Fedex Office to pick this up real quick. Also not pictured is a 2012 Le Freak, 2012 Grand Cru and a nice letter from the owner of Green Flash.
Drinking ice water on my lunch break.

Any chance that FT? :D

I've never had it before, and it was a gift from the owner, so I will be drinking this bottle.

Quick carb test of my go at Qhrumphf's Mild. Just about there but could use a little more conditioning. Tastes good now, however.

IMG_3442.jpg

I do not envy you, I think I know what my decision would be but then again I don't have kids;)

Yup...decision was made. She just felt she had to argue about it. :D

Drinking coffee and waiting for a contractor to get here to look at a crack in the ceiling and see if his figures are in line with the insurance guy's estimate.

Jealous. Thats some nice packaging too.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything when I emailed them. The owner emailed me back and asked for my address, so I figured I would get some stickers and a bottle opener or maybe that cool looking growler coozie they have. He definitely takes pride in his product.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything when I emailed them. The owner emailed me back and asked for my address, so I figured I would get some stickers and a bottle opener or maybe that cool looking growler coozie they have. He definitely takes pride in his product.

What was your inquiry that he decided to sent such a nice package, jealous!
Booch with lunch.

What was your inquiry that he decided to sent such a nice package, jealous!
Booch with lunch.

I dropped $22 on a bottle of Silva Stout that had an infection. It tasted like a bourbon barrel aged merlot with a shot of butter in it. I just emailed them to let them know about it, I wasn't a dick and wasn't demanding a refund or anything, I sent them a pic of the bottle to see if they could decipher the batch it came from. The owner emailed me back a few hours later.

I dropped $22 on a bottle of Silva Stout that had an infection. It tasted like a bourbon barrel aged merlot with a shot of butter in it. I just emailed them to let them know about it, I wasn't a dick and wasn't demanding a refund or anything, I sent them a pic of the bottle to see if they could decipher the batch it came from. The owner emailed me back a few hours later.

Damn I should of emailed them lol. It was a butter bomb. I dank a good amount of it. Not bad but there was definitely butter.

Sounds like good customer service to me, nice.

Definitely great CS compared to The Bruery. Though I overpaid, I still spent $40 each on White Chocolate. Because I did not buy it straight from them they offered nothing more than a "go back to the store you bought it from". I wasn't looking for anything, it turned out to be a great sour. I have one more bottle as a matter of fact. But their response was off-putting. Surely it hasn't hurt them.

OT: Tango Delta IPA.
My level of anxiety today is at an all-time high. It was either that or I go organize the pantry, which would seriously cut into my work. I chose whatever kept me at my desk. :)

Anyone know if there is anything against shipping hops international? After I harvest, just want to send a pound to a friend in London. Never shipped outside the US.

Anyone know if there is anything against shipping hops international? After I harvest, just want to send a pound to a friend in London. Never shipped outside the US.

I'd do some searching. Seems like a good potion of customs screening is for agricultural products. That said, worst that would probably happen is they would incinerate them if found. Doubt you'd end up on an Interpol list or anything. ;)

Water starting the trip home. At least it's not raining.

I'd do some searching. Seems like a good potion of customs screening is for agricultural products. That said, worst that would probably happen is they would incinerate them if found. Doubt you'd end up on an Interpol list or anything. ;)

Water starting the trip home. At least it's not raining.

After its picked and dried, would a hop cone then be considered an herb/spice, rather then a plant? Its technically not alive any more.

After its picked and dried, would a hop cone then be considered an herb/spice, rather then a plant? Its technically not alive any more.

And vacuum sealed. Think I may just go for it. He's the only person interested in my hops and I had to throw away a freezer full from last year to make room for this years harvest.

And vacuum sealed. Think I may just go for it. He's the only person interested in my hops and I had to throw away a freezer full from last year to make room for this years harvest.

I must have missed that offer ;) I'll gladly take some off your hands :D

Zombie dust. Time to grill up dinner for the kids and their cousins.

View attachment 1439327990258.jpg

hah, I WISH it were the snow's fault. This is a situation where it was left behind and 3.5 years later it was suddenly taken back. Either way, $30 later and I'll have another. I feel bad that I had to order it, but it truly is the world's greatest shovel and I couldn't get it in store.

How are you feeling? When is the next day off so you can brew?

Protein shake.

Where is @billy-klubb and his 3 am coffee announcement and @remmy with his morning beer? fuqing slackers.

we're now on set hours. I can't go in until 5:30. and my 'puter has been acting like a chump.:mug:

Back