What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pooped on your face beer. tis so good? no? mop, mop, mop, keep mopping nightshift man. H a ha h a a. ? WHAT! DOUBLE U TEE EFF. OR WTF IN OTHER WORDS OR SYLbles.... sp yeah I know oH NO, ITS CONTRAVERSHHIAL. SHH! Be carefull, "they" are watching you!

A lobotomy can be a wonderful thing;)

Coffee.

Coffee.

The short people that live in the house with me are awake for some reason.

Going to be a long day.

Need to take one vehicle for service 120 miles south and go to study group.

w8xkxg.jpg

Removed a step wall of old 4x4 timbers, anchored by 4 ft long rebar and bolted together by a mad man. Installed half of the new paver retaining wall in the brutal sun while hungover. The rest of the wall and two sets of stairs will be built later in the week when it drops back down to 60°.

All for an older coworker who asked for help, knowing he couldn't do it himself.

Coffee/sunburn.

Full Throttle Blue Agave.

Kid looks like she got into a fight with a badger this weekend. Fell three times, big ol' bruise on her head, scrapes on both elbows/knees/hands... waiting for a call from DSS.

Found out today that my Belgian Quad took best of show in a local homebrew comp. First place wins for my cranberry hibiscus gose and BA Imperial Stout, second for BA Rye smoked imperial porter. Pretty happy with the results.

Celebrating the best way I know how; split up a batch of berliner weisse. 2 gals onto peach puree, 2 gals on dry hops (citra + galaxy) with grapefruit/tangelo peel and bottled a gallon straight.

View attachment 278839

Drinking this.

View attachment 278840

Congrats! Great job.

Finishing up the coffee after sleeping in and making bacon and eggs for breakfast. On to Typhoon Lagoon soon.

Coff. Feeling like death. Way too many beers this weekend.

w8xkxg.jpg

Removed a step wall of old 4x4 timbers, anchored by 4 ft long rebar and bolted together by a mad man. Installed half of the new paver retaining wall in the brutal sun while hungover. The rest of the wall and two sets of stairs will be built later in the week when it drops back down to 60°.

All for an older coworker who asked for help, knowing he couldn't do it himself.

Coffee/sunburn.

Did he invite you over to sample from his cask of Amontillado?

Coff. Feeling like death. Way too many beers this weekend.

Buck up son, it's your birthday week! Mates are hard, is it Wednesday?

Drinking nada. In a waiting room doing nothing. I'll be brewing a small batch at a brewery today. It'll be balls hot in the brew house.

Coffee. Picking up a barrell tonight for my sour saison. It previously held mead so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

prb. It's only 10am but one of my cats just died(knew it was coming for the last few weeks) so yeah. Get paid today so going to get a bottle of bourbon and some good brew later.

Buck up son, it's your birthday week! Mates are hard, is it Wednesday?

Drinking nada. In a waiting room doing nothing. I'll be brewing a small batch at a brewery today. It'll be balls hot in the brew house.

Yeah but I am not in the mood to have any beer whatsoever today. Maybe even tomorrow, too. I want to ensure I survive Wednesday.

Water and a late breakfast.

Should I go to Gettysburg or Dogfish head when I go to philly? Decisions... Decisions..

That's a tough call man. Gettysburg is a one of a kind place.
You will be out that way if you go to Troegs, Springhouse and Pizzaboy, though. DFH is a cool trip and only an hour or so drive south from Philly. If you take the REALLY scenic route you can hop the ferry and drive up the coast a little bit to Atlantic City. If you like theme parks, the piers on the boardwalk in Wild Wood is a really good stop.
Sounds like a job for a coin flip to me.

Should I go to Gettysburg or Dogfish head when I go to philly? Decisions... Decisions..

Gettysburg. I really want to go there.

@Glasscloud I am sorry to hear about your cat. That has to be very difficult.

Protein shake. Can't wait to leave and brew this afternoon.

You will be out that way if you go to Troegs, Springhouse and Pizzaboy, though. DFH is a cool trip and only an hour or so drive south from Philly. If you take the REALLY scenic route you can hop the ferry and drive up the coast a little bit to Atlantic City. If you like theme parks, the piers on the boardwalk in Wild Wood is a really good stop.

I have a day i'm going to hershey and of those. So Gettysburg is out of the way. I'll love to go and see the history and the field but it is a little out of the way. I'll see what will work. That scenic route will be nice. I dont care to see Atlantic city but be cool to look around. So much too little time. Hope I do not plan too much to miss drinking a beer with Ya'll.

Pfft... you sound like one of those kids at Home Depot, when you ask them where something is and he just "points" to the other end of the store.

Come to Buffalo instead, I'll personally drive you to all the historical locations and breweries :cross:

I have a day i'm going to hershey and of those. So Gettysburg is out of the way. I'll love to go and see the history and the field but it is a little out of the way. I'll see what will work. That scenic route will be nice. I dont care to see Atlantic city but be cool to look around. So much too little time. Hope I do not plan too much to miss drinking a beer with Ya'll.

Gettysburg will easily take up a whole day. Its very encompassing to see all the battle sites, I don't think its possible to walk it all in one day lol

AC isn't too bad, but its getting worse. A few south jersey breweries that you could take in if you hop the Ferry:
Cape May Brewing Company
Flying Fish
Forgotten Boardwalk
Tun Tavern.
If you take the extended Jersey drive you could see Carton and Kane.

Pfft... you sound like one of those kids at Home Depot, when you ask them where something is and he just "points" to the other end of the store.

Come to Buffalo instead, I'll personally drive you to all the historical locations and breweries :cross:

I WAS one of the kids at Home Depot lol. Its where I learned that ability. It took hours of training and discipline to get it right. You can't be too specific when you point, otherwise you are held liable if they get lost or get it wrong. You want to do it with a slight waiving motion so its just a general vicinity or even a whole quadrant if you are really good.

Yeah, how many other "Triangle" area HBT'ers do we have? I saw the one guy in Cary you gave a BCBS to...

I'm still on the water.

Quite a few actually. I've only met @mattmmille . Perhaps I've run into others, but none of them have specifically mentioned HBT. Matt came to a Raleigh Brewing / ABS Big Brew, which is where I met him. We also live close by so I can bug the crap out of him when I want to fish or if he wants to give me free beer.

Water. This day is dragging on and on.

Latest posts

Back