What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, that's been my experience with the two strains I've used. The wallonian farmhouse stalled for me in the 30s. I had to really coax it to get it into the teens. The other batch (wlp566) stalled too, which makes making an association hard, but not nearly as high. Have to think I'm (we're) in the minority.

I mashed at 150 or lower and it still ended at 1.012. The Belle saison half of that batch ended at 1.001 and tastes fantastic. Dry but still has good mouth feel to it. I have had great results with that yeast and may stick with that for saisons.

I mashed at 150 or lower and it still ended at 1.012. The Belle saison half of that batch ended at 1.001 and tastes fantastic. Dry but still has good mouth feel to it. I have had great results with that yeast and may stick with that for saisons.

The Belle Saison yeast is a monster but I don't love the flavor. I definitely prefer the Dupont strain which will stall if you dont heat it up.

Interesting. Was waiting for Brevis to come back in stock to pull the trigger on an order, then everything else I wanted sold out. You used any of their other stuff?

Not yet. I'm gonna give their sour blends a try at some point. Wont be going back for the saison blend though.

Agreed, but the character is a little boring, IMO. I started blending belle saison and wlp566. Makes a difference for those last few points. No doubt about it, that yeast is beastly.

This. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426358465.156103.jpg

@AllenH is killing it yet again. I remember how many consecutive pages of this thread he annihilated last year around the same time. :D. Awesome.

How are you still able to post? I feel pretty wasted looking at the beers you have posted.

3-4oz pours. It was crazy, the CCB BA line was 8-12 people. You couldn't finish a pour before you got back to the front. Amazing beers.

Oh boy all the northeast guys are about to lose their minds. I had it and couldnt agree more it's good but definitely overrated.

No doubt, but no one can say it was mishandled, poured wrong, stored wrong, old, anything. That's John Kimmich pouring it in my pic.

Latest posts

Back