What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coca with whipped cream.

The electrician is here! The brew shed is coming along! So excited.

[snip]
It sounds like your diptube, or post/poppit, or disconnect is clogged with hops debris.

The first thing is to take off the line and picnic tap and inspect that. If you have a different set up, stick it on to see if the beer flows. If not, depressurize the keg and remove the post. Then, pull out the diptube and hold it up to the light and 'eyeball' through it. If it's clogged, clean it out and replace. Look in the post to see if hops debris is clogging the poppit. Clean it out and put it back on. If it's still clogged, take apart the black quick disconnect with a flat head screwdriver and clean that out (but that usually doesn't clog). You should be all set then, so add the pressure and pour. Let us know if that works.

Will do Yooper... there was definitely hop debris on the bottom of the QD where the poppit is depressed and upon further reading, I'm fairly certain this is the issue. There is a clog somewhere...

Gotta love this hobby... I'm at a ratio of about 5% planning, 10% execution, 85% trouble shooting.

Gotta love this hobby... I'm at a ratio of about 5% planning, 10% execution, 85% trouble shooting.

Remove the quick disconnect - Insert Crazy Straw - Force air through it as hard as you can - Problem solved.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Hot green tea because I'm tired of water... wife gets to spend all my money tonight for her birthday. Hooray..

Will do Yooper... there was definitely hop debris on the bottom of the QD where the poppit is depressed and upon further reading, I'm fairly certain this is the issue. There is a clog somewhere...

Haha that will flip flop when you get more practice

Beer soon hopefully.
Just got home to this awesome package waiting for me! @coldcrash is now, by far, my favorite person on the planet. Well, atleast my favorite person on HBT. Or, more realistically, my favorite person that regularly posts in this thread. So, yes, out of all the people on this planet who are on HBT and regularly post in this thread and have the username coldcrash, he's my favorite. :D
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424893312.287561.jpg

Beer soon hopefully.
Just got home to this awesome package waiting for me! @coldcrash is now, by far, my favorite person on the planet. Well, atleast my favorite person on HBT. Or, more realistically, my favorite person that regularly posts in this thread. So, yes, out of all the people on this planet who are on HBT and regularly post in this thread and have the username coldcrash, he's my favorite. :D
View attachment 259198

i-feel-left-out.jpg

Beer soon hopefully.
View attachment 259198

Sexist! :D

Beer soon hopefully.
View attachment 259198

Reported

Personal attack. Reported. :p

My money is on either Bucknuts or Qhrumphf as the one who reported posts. Bucknuts, because he's offended that we want him to whiz outside. Or Qhrumphf, because we don't buy this whole British act.
Or, all that cork soaking talk really struck a nerve with someone here who actually soaks corks. ;)

Beer soon hopefully.
View attachment 259198

Glad it arrived safely. That took forever!

Since we're acting all warm n fuzzy in here right now, I could go so far as to say you're probably in my top 5 favorite Texas HBTers in this thread.

Yeah. Top 5 probably.

The crowler is a farmhouse IPA secondaried on Muscat grapes.

Now quit your whining about a Pizza Boy glass

Since we're acting all warm n fuzzy in here right now, I could go so far as to say you're probably in my top 5 favorite Texas HBTers in this thread.

Yeah. Top 5 probably.

Ha! There is no end to my whining. ;)
Thanks again, man. You're awesome. I will, however, be reporting you for your choice of box. I'm offended at this obvious personal attack.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424895198.634378.jpg

Yeah. Top 5 probably.

I know I should be in the top 1...

Lots of beer soon. Not too much but just right.

My money is on either Bucknuts or Qhrumphf as the one who reported posts. Bucknuts, because he's offended that we want him to whiz outside. Or Qhrumphf, because we don't buy this whole British act.
Or, all that cork soaking talk really struck a nerve with someone here who actually soaks corks. ;)

I think it was a cork soaker. All that talk about soaking corks was getting a little offensive. I just reported myself. :ban:

Did you follow the recipe exactly? I have all the stuff to make it just havent gotten around to it yet.

The malt bill stayed the same. It looks a bit lighter than other pics I've seen on the thread. Some of them look more amber. I changed the hopping schedule. My system is different with hops:

.5oz - FWH
1oz - 10 MIN
1.5oz - 5 MIN
1.5oz - Whirlpool 20 minutes at 175.
3oz keg dryhop

Can smell the aroma from across the room. It's amazing. Great recipe.

The malt bill stayed the same. It looks a bit lighter than other pics I've seen on the thread. Some of them look more amber. I changed the hopping schedule. My system is different with hops:

.5oz - FWH
1oz - 10 MIN
1.5oz - 5 MIN
1.5oz - Whirlpool 20 minutes at 175.
3oz keg dryhop

Can smell the aroma from across the room. It's amazing. Great recipe.

Nice! Cant wait to make that beer, just need to get around to brewing it.

On topic: Dr Pepper. I dont drink pop often but this hits the spot when I do.

You're not still trying to ride the wave of that b1 Atrial are you?

That was over a year ago. Sheesh

I think it was a B1 Nocturne that was only 1 of 300 released and dealing with that fiasco of a fest the JK put on was a F-n disaster. I do still have a B1 Atrial still. Why not still ride that high? lol:D

Dana Point is beautiful. Went there a few years back and took the trip to Catalina. Not sure if I would want to live there, but nice vaca spot :mug:

Coffee since I'm at the office, but I had my Founder's Big Lushious last night bottling with my brother, and it was not up to my expectations.

We bottled 16 gallons - 5 of a SMASH Pale Ale, 5 of Irish Red, 5 of Nut Brown, and 1 of a Blackberry Melomel.

We were both disappointed with the cloying sweetness of the Big Lushious, and soon moved on to some Sierra Nevada Celebration and Short's Soft Parade.
Big Lushious is candy. I can't drink much on my own which is why I haven't opened the only bottle I've gotten. I've had it on tap.
Wow, hitting the heavy stuff I see. ;)
Unless you meant cocoa.
Haha cocoa. I was typing and so excited. Once there is electric I can do the drywall, after inspection and then the floor, then the rest of the stuff. I think I should be all done end of March at the latest. I can no longer brew indoors since my 240 service was cut to make room for the shed. Now I'll make a thread. ;) Well, soon.

Water but I think I want beer.

Haha well i may have to hold off even longer unfortunately. Just found out I may not be able to drink much or at all for the next 6 months. Non serious medical thing that I'm choosing to do but no alcohol made me almost decide not to do it. Its gonna be rough.
View attachment 259217

Time to brew a bunch of long term sours, then have a big sour party later. Or just send bottles to me and I'll store them for you, blah blah.

But seriously, hope it's nothing too serious.

Hot Choc at the office. Basically checked out here.

I am conflicted about the weather coming into VA. Fresh snow would be awesome for a weekend of snowboarding, but it might make tomorrow morning's flight and the 1+ hour drive from Richmond to the resort a bit tricky. Fingers crossed.

Haha well i may have to hold off even longer unfortunately. Just found out I may not be able to drink much or at all for the next 6 months. Non serious medical thing that I'm choosing to do but no alcohol made me almost decide not to do it. Its gonna be rough.

I'll give ya one of my kidney's to try some of your hb's.

Think I have water poisoning right now anyway, need beer.. bleeeeh.

Time to brew a bunch of long term sours, then have a big sour party later. Or just send bottles to me and I'll store them for you, blah blah.

But seriously, hope it's nothing too serious.

Hot Choc at the office. Basically checked out here.

I am conflicted about the weather coming into VA. Fresh snow would be awesome for a weekend of snowboarding, but it might make tomorrow morning's flight and the 1+ hour drive from Richmond to the resort a bit tricky. Fingers crossed.

Haha exactly what I have been doing today, getting a bunch of high gravity recipes put together. RIS, quad, tripel, another ECY34 recipe. Heck, im even thinking about trying my first lager and doing a double decoction mash oktoberfest. And it really isnt anything serious or even necessary at all. Its something Ive been thinking about and just need to do it. Gonna get a sex change..... HAhahaha totally kidding. Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

Latest posts

Back