What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this seams to be that action spot I'll get a quick question if I was to do an ipa with 100% Brett (not sure which Brett hope to get help hint hint cough) dipa would it just finish dry as hell And not funky, seeing how Brett if not stressed will just ferment nicely? Will I still get hop aroma and flavor? Any help welcome and if your mad I'm sorry sorta a drunk thought going on here lol

I have been researching this very topic and have decided for my next brew I am going to brew a 100% brett fermented ipa with white labs brett brux trois. I plan to implement a few Strategies to combat the brett from drying out the beer too much. A higher than normal mash temp, wheat and carapils in the grist and a big starter so that the beer will finish in a "normal" amount of time say 3-4 weeks. I also intend to dry hop the hell out of this beer. I am brewing this in 2 weeks and will get my starter on my stir plate soon since brett grows more slowly than saccharomyces cerevisiae.

Double pour of my Mild and then going to bed. Pretty much done in by the three previous beers, so there's that.

Also, add me in the "Nugget Nectar is decent but meh" camp.

I have been researching this very topic and have decided for my next brew I am going to brew a 100% brett fermented ipa with white labs brett brux trois. I plan to implement a few Strategies to combat the brett from drying out the beer too much. A higher than normal mash temp, wheat and carapils in the grist and a big starter so that the beer will finish in a "normal" amount of time say 3-4 weeks. I also intend to dry hop the hell out of this beer. I am brewing this in 2 weeks and will get my starter on my stir plate soon since brett grows more slowly than saccharomyces cerevisiae.

Has your research shown that Brett trios might not be Brett at all? I read that a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't settled, wondering what the current consensus is...

Nugget Nectar is ok, amber/red is low on the list of beer I drink.

But if my buddy that brews at Troegs asks me, I tell him it's ok unless he brewed the batch.

Then it tastes like ass. ;)

Has your research shown that Brett trios might not be Brett at all? I read that a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't settled, wondering what the current consensus is...

That is a 100% daytime question.

Goodnight HBT, will check back in tomorrow, hopefully while brewing something.

Just saying, for @Remmy and all you other saggy f***ing c***s who badmouth session beers, you know you brew em right when your 2.7% session beer still has plenty of body and flavor after drinking 12+ year old 10%+ Barleywines.

Not much NN love around here. I must be a homer. Like @Remmy and @MrNickVT

:D

My friend loves the stuff and got some for me. I just didn't get the hype. To each their own that's why beer is great I may hate something someone else loves.

That is news to me do you have a link to share? I would love to read it. I have been reading byo magazine, the mad fermentationslist and a few others about brett brux trois and this is the first I have heard of this. I love to do research and learn so if you have some info I have not seen please do share.

Hopefully the other alpine beer you had tonight was a Nelson...because that **** is mind-blowing. One of the few beers I've ever had that exceeded its hype.

Just saying, for @Remmy and all you other saggy f***ing c***s who badmouth session beers, you know you brew em right when your 2.7% session beer still has plenty of body and flavor after drinking 12+ year old 10%+ Barleywines.

I view session beer in the same vein that I view decaffeinated coffee its a waste of my time. Why drink a 2.7% flavorless beer when I can drink something that's 7% abv and loaded with flavor? You must just like creating excess urine to piss off the porch Remmy style.

I view session beer in the same vein that I view decaffeinated coffee its a waste of my time. Why drink a 2.7% flavorless beer when I can drink something that's 7% abv and loaded with flavor? You must just like creating excess urine to piss off the porch Like an @bucknuts pro.

Ftfy

That is news to me do you have a link to share? I would love to read it. I have been reading byo magazine, the mad fermentationslist and a few others about brett brux trois and this is the first I have heard of this. I love to do research and learn so if you have some info I have not seen please do share.

I think it was it in the "cloning hophands by tired hands brewing company" thread but I'm not sure. I am sure that "coff" was discussing it. If you PM him, he will surely discuss it with you. He's a philly guy and a good one at that.

Hopefully the other alpine beer you had tonight was a Nelson...because that **** is mind-blowing. One of the few beers I've ever had that exceeded its hype.

It was. And it was. :D

I think it was it in the "cloning hophands by tired hands brewing company" thread but I'm not sure. I am sure that "coff" was discussing it. If you PM him, he will surely discuss it with you. He's a philly guy and a good one at that.

It was. And it was. :D

You have piqued my curiosity I will definitely look in to it.

I view session beer in the same vein that I view decaffeinated coffee its a waste of my time. Why drink a 2.7% flavorless beer when I can drink something that's 7% abv and loaded with flavor? You must just like creating excess urine to piss off the porch Remmy style.

Let's learn how to read, shall we?

This 2.7% beer still has plenty of flavor when I'm already completely pissed, and even after drinking a few palate destroying bombs.

And what can I say, keeps the kidneys working. Never gonna have a kidney stone at this rate. And my boss has taken to calling my beers diuretics. Hah.

Disagree. I love IIPA and Imperial Stout. But I've had plenty of < 5% beer with breathtaking taste and body.

Another old old bottle.

nice. How is it?

Happy birthday buddy!

I'm going to say this is amazing and I'm sad because it randomly gushed after the cap was already off. I lost the dregs that I intended to use. The beer is amazing though. My table is clean again. :) I think the gush is my fault.

@disturbdchemist this is awesome. You're an amazing brewer.
100% Brett Saison.

View attachment 251090

Whish one is that? Lol must of been the one dry hoped with motueka. Still learning to carb brett. It is a slow creeper. Things of homebrew. I did not add too much suvar but oh well. If you enjoyed it that is all that matters. Hope you will like the sour stout when every you get to it

Back