What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely feel older than I actually am, but still not 106.

I know I know. I wouldn't think you are a day over 102 :D

This, thanks to @hawgwild81 awesome!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419911906.030243.jpg

While working on this chocolate bar my 2yo insisted on bringing home from Hershey Park :D
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419911966.136708.jpg

Just finished a few tasters and pints at ballast point. Nitro sculpin, grapefruit sculpin, and there new gluten reduced (swmbo is gluten intolerant) IPAble. IMO the IPAble is good, but its a tad under hopped. But I'm just excited I can enjoy a beer at ballast point with the Mrs now!

View attachment 1419922390678.jpg

Happy belated birthday @WesleyS

On the water and coffee. Hoping for a productive, yet calm, 2-day work week here.

Happy birthday Wes!

Still on HB stout, should kick soon, killed my IPA earlier.

Happy belated birthday @WesleyS

On the water and coffee. Hoping for a productive, yet calm, 2-day work week here.

Thanks!

Today is your birthday right @wesleys ? Well, happy birthday (or belated) man!

Thanks! Yes, today.

Happy Birthday you filthy animal! :D You better be taking New Years Eve off after tonight's libations.

Haha! I wish. I have about a week of work to cram into today and tomorrow. So, I'll be taking it easy tonight so I can get up in the morning at a reasonable time.
Oh, and what time is kickoff for the Dolphins this weekend? I couldn't find it anywhere. :confused:
:p :p :p

Haha! I wish. I have about a week of work to cram into today and tomorrow. So, I'll be taking it easy tonight so I can get up in the morning at a reasonable time.
Oh, and what time is kickoff for the Dolphins this weekend? I couldn't find it anywhere. :confused:
:p :p :p

I take back my wishes! ;) the only good football on this week is friday at 5:45. :D

@thecadjockey I must say this beer is as beautiful as it is fantastic. Remind me of the recipe and do you filter or use any finings? Man I want more. Thank you.
View attachment 242534

Wow so sorry I did not see this post, and I had been anticipating it for so long too. You are the first homebrewer to try one of my beers, I was so worried.

The recipe: Chain Mail Pale Ale, however being it was my first brew getting back into the hobby I screwed a lot of things up. First, I straight up bought LME instead of DME and had siphoning issues so I ended up with much less than 5 gallons in the end.

I have never used finings or gelatins, although I probably should start. It was the first time I bought bags for my brewing though and I fell in love. I did all the grain in a bag and then made dog treats out of the spent grain, but now that I remember back.. I did not use my hop bags, those just got thrown in. When I transfered from the pot to the primary to cool, I did pour it over a large wire strainer though to catch any hop gunk. Also did a secondary, funked up the siphon again and made mess of yeast. I think the saving grace may have been the 5-6 day Citra dry hop though.

Thanks for all your help.

Coffee brewed in my new fancy pot, makes a tasty brew which I'm sure I can improve on.
Going to be hard not to be a sloppy mess today but I have to drive so I need to behave.

IMG_5475.jpg

Chai tea :/. Only k-cups left in the house. I'm actually looking forward to work so I can get on the coff

You need to invest in the reusable k cups so you can put your own coffee in it. Love my Foldgers. I think it's the best part of waking up...

The reusable "k" cup was the best thing I did. After having spent a stupid amount of money on those little packs of coffee, they all started to taste the same to me. Now I just fill it with my favorite cheap cowboy killer coffee and be done with it.

Another cup of coffee. Trying to motivate myself to get a ton of crap done.
Welcome to the achy thread @TheCADJockey

Thanks man! I only really drink coffee out of habit now and only one a day... then its just water until beer time. Speaking of which, the boss is taking me for drinks on lunch. I can already taste the Southern Tier IPA :cross: Had a saison from Hamburg Brew Co. last week.. wasn't bad, just not really my flavor.

Thanks man! I only really drink coffee out of habit now and only one a day... then its just water until beer time. Speaking of which, the boss is taking me for drinks on lunch. I can already taste the Southern Tier IPA :cross: Had a saison from Hamburg Brew Co. last week.. wasn't bad, just not really my flavor.

Lucky bastid.
And what's this water thing you speak of drinking?:confused:

The reusable "k" cup was the best thing I did. After having spent a stupid amount of money on those little packs of coffee, they all started to taste the same to me. Now I just fill it with my favorite cheap cowboy killer coffee and be done with it.

Ya, but those reusable k-cups are a pain in my a$$ to clean out. I think one of the benefits of having a keurig is the ease of use. But now that you guys mention it, I could have totally done the reusable thing. It was just too early to think of it. But now Im at the office with company provided coffee and all is ok :rockin:

Sample of my Brett B golden strong with bugs. Dumped peaches into it a few weeks ago. Time to bottle.

@ChefRex - sorry for your loss; you have my condolences.

@WesleyS - happy birthday! :fro:

After a lost day yesterday I'm on water and managed a little solid food this morning. Hoping this is truly gone because boy was I miserable yesterday!

Add a good coffee bean grinder and you have a wonderful combination!

Coff.
View attachment 245355

Happy Birthday, Mr. @WesleyS. No drinking for you today. :D

Okay, I won't drink today. I'm sure I can count on you to pick up the slack. :D

@ChefRex - sorry for your loss; you have my condolences.

@WesleyS - happy birthday! :fro:

After a lost day yesterday I'm on water and managed a little solid food this morning. Hoping this is truly gone because boy was I miserable yesterday!

Thanks, man. Good to hear you're feeling better than yesterday.

Back