What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigfoot clone

20141211_200218_2.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on some of this
View attachment 241225

I hope they put enough in distro up here. I asked my bottle shop guy about it on Tuesday and he hadn't even heard of it (but I think he's ordered it - if the distributor gets it.)

View attachment 241259

It's gonna be a long (or unexpectedly short) night. Thanks Mark.

You're welcome. I see the over-carbonation wasn't limited to the one bottle I've had thus far.

You probably wont see any love child for awhile. I got one for you though! I could certainly enjoy more mad elf. :)

My bottle shop has a 3L bottle of it ;) Oh, and Wyerbacher just released 2014.2 of Riserva ...

What the hell are you doing till 3 am?

Migrating our customer facing websites to a new data center. I'm mainly there to debunk whenever our contractor tries to blame our back-end systems for problems. I'm still baking while on mute though (so it won't be a complete waste of my time.) Water now - waiting for a long enough break to go down and grab another beer.

Angry Orchard Cinnful Apple or something like that. Not enough cinnamon and too sweet but meh it'll do after the crap day I've had. Better than water.

A partial mash kit beer called "Fire in the Hole" from morebeer. delicious. Irish red with some rye, dry hopped columbus, and slightly oaked. 10% ABV and creamy mouth feel :mug:

Coffee

There are deer to kill, but let's see how many I can miss today

Oooo! Good luck! Send me jerky!

A partial mash kit beer called "Fire in the Hole" from morebeer. delicious. Irish red with some rye, dry hopped columbus, and slightly oaked. 10% ABV and creamy mouth feel :mug:

Sounds real interesting. How long did bottle condition or was it ready to drink right away at 10%?

Started a 4th book last night while having some beers. Coffee time atm. Gotta show some initiative myself & work on comp's file associations for windows start menu...oh goody...:mug:

So, my Christmas stout has a sharp metallic taste up front. Is that from recipe, process (temp, etc.), or due to equipment, would you guess? I used a stainless boil kettle, which was freshly scrubbed. I have now read that maybe you need to let a stainless steel kettle "cure" (basically oxidize) after scrubbing but that was not my understanding of SS. I have never had this in any other beer.

Stainless just needs to air dry to do that. Another member brought up the specifics once. Can also be caused by hydrolysis of lipids in poorly stored malts according to Palmer.

More Coff.

Have to go light on beer today, if I have any at all. Today's going to suck.

Well, after having chili dogs & beer last night with this morning's coffee...I'll be making like Fort, the flatulent robot of death...:drunk::D Anyway, My SS BK is allowed to air dry, as that's supposedly all that's needed to cure it. Never any flavors from that. But I did get hydrolysis a couple of times from old wheat DME before. It gives a metallic flavor.

Coffee. I feel like hell this morning. Not even hungover bad (only had one beer last night), just stuffy head and out of it bad.

I had the same problem awhile back ended up being a water issue. I switched places where I would get my RO jugs filled and the problem went away. I now taste it first before filling them up

Coffee. Yea Friday!

I You're welcome. I see the over-carbonation wasn't limited to the one bottle I've had thus far.

I was amazed how well the over carbonation hung around. Took 7 pours to empty the bottle and the last was just as foamy as the first... Over an hour later. Great beer all the same.

I had the same problem awhile back ended up being a water issue. I switched places where I would get my RO jugs filled and the problem went away. I now taste it first before filling them up

Coffee. Yea Friday!

I used all RO water with additions. Maybe I should look into my water additions but they were similar to what I added when I brewed my Porter for last Christmas.

Latest posts

Back