What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I think this years is better than last. Cheers!

+1
I had a '12 a few months back and I think the '14 Is better than it. Can't wait to see how it is with some age on it.
Having my HT clone with some tacos.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My version of DC's ginger/cinnamon mead, needs time but tasty.
For those that remember my salute from the other day, it turned into this by itself:D

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5343.jpg

Did you try the BBQ shrimp?

Finishing up work. Drinking water, gotta head to the brewery to get my skis tuned for the season.

Yes you read that right. :)

No. I had a pork belly, gumbo and mammoth pork chop. The food was ****ing awesome. I had another scotch after dinner (Balvenie 12). Dropped $110 there; just myself. Good thing I don't have to provide receipts on my expense reports so long as my meals are under $225. :fro:

If I feel better in about an hour, I may go back to Royal St. and get really ****ed up. I had a pretty ****ty hangover after all I drank last night and felt like ass during work up until I had that first scotch.

My version of DC's ginger/cinnamon mead, needs time but tasty.
For those that remember my salute from the other day, it turned into this by itself:D

Trying all my meads huh lol.

Had a great tour at Lagunitas. Great hospitality and openess. If you can get to their original tap room do it. Amazing. Lagunitas is one of my favorite breweries. Always solid.

This hobby is something.....

I'm drinking a beer that I brew that I really really enjoy. I've always called it an Ordinary Bitter. I've recently re-visited the Ray Daniels book "Designing Great Beers" and have discovered that what I'm drinking might not be an Ordinary Bitter at all.

So the delima is... do I continue brewing this beer that I absolutely love, or do I change the recipe to comply with the style? I can't tell you what style this beer is if it isn't an Ordinary Bitter. All I can tell you is that I, and everyone who has tried it - over 20 people - have absolutely loved it... so much so that I brew this twice as much as I brew any other beer. I try to keep this one on tap.

This is perplexing... I genuinely want to be a beer snob. What to do... WHAT!!!! to do???

I'm drinking a beer that I brew that I really really enjoy. I've always called it an Ordinary Bitter. I've recently re-visited the Ray Daniels book "Designing Great Beers" and have discovered that what I'm drinking might not be an Ordinary Bitter at all.

So the delima is... do I continue brewing this beer that I absolutely love, or do I change the recipe to comply with the style? I can't tell you what style this beer is if it isn't an Ordinary Bitter. All I can tell you is that I, and everyone who has tried it - over 20 people - have absolutely loved it... so much so that I brew this twice as much as I brew any other beer. I try to keep this one on tap.

This is perplexing... I genuinely want to be a beer snob. What to do... WHAT!!!! to do???

No question there. Brew what you enjoy and makes you happy. Maybe give it a new name if that helps you sleep. Or just drink a few more, that'll help you sleep too.

Screw brewing to style. The great thing about brewing is you can brew whatever you want. Who cares if it doesn't fall into certain perimeters. If you love it that's all that matters.
More HT clone.

Brew what you enjoy, why conform?

Beer snob? Wrong thread!

:mug:

No question there. Brew what you enjoy and makes you happy. Maybe give it a new name if that helps you sleep. Or just drink a few more, that'll help you sleep too.

Screw brewing to style. The great thing about brewing is you can brew whatever you want. Who cares if it doesn't fall into certain perimeters. If you love it that's all that matters.
More HT clone.

Beer snob? Wrong thread!

solid advice! use your paints however you want. it's your canvas.:rockin:

More HT clone.

Brew to style if you want to win competitions. Brew out of style for yourself. I never brew to style. I brew what i like and what ever i like whether or not i win competitiond. Which mostly moron judge

Beer snob? Wrong thread!

LMAO..... I've been quoted a few times on this post...

Again I say (sarcastically) that I want to be a beer snob.

Meaning that if I were a beer snob, I'd have no sense of humor about beer.

My goodness people... who gives a sheit about what you brew, or what you call it as long as you enjoy it.

Thanks for missing my point and for proving that sticks up the asses are as ordinary... as... er.. um... an ordinary bitter.

LMAO..... I've been quoted a few times on this post...

Again I say (sarcastically) that I want to be a beer snob.

Meaning that if I were a beer snob, I'd have no sense of humor about beer.

My goodness people... who gives a sheit about what you brew, or what you call it as long as you enjoy it.

Thanks for missing my point and for proving that sticks up the asses are as ordinary... as... er.. um... an ordinary bitter.

Next thing is you're going to say you enjoy "football":p

Back