What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to be productive after work today since it was nice. Pulled a page out of Remmys book and split/stacked some firewood before it decides to get colder n hell outside again. Did this after I replaced the frost free spigot on the back of the house that was leaking so I don't have a bigger problem down the line. now that it is dark outside I am debating drinking a beer or cleaning up the inside of the house some. I know already that if I pour a beer, I am going to quickly lose motivation.

Decided to be productive after work today since it was nice. Pulled a page out of Remmys book and split/stacked some firewood before it decides to get colder n hell outside again. Did this after I replaced the frost free spigot on the back of the house that was leaking so I don't have a bigger problem down the line. now that it is dark outside I am debating drinking a beer or cleaning up the inside of the house some. I know already that if I pour a beer, I am going to quickly lose motivation.

Don't be discouraged, my friend. I get stronger when I drink beer and I split logs I wouldn't normally be able to split as compared to when I'm sober.

I also work like a ****ing horse when I have 1-2 beers in me. Beer is what keeps me working. :D

Don't be discouraged, my friend. I get stronger when I drink beer and I split logs I wouldn't normally be able to split as compared to when I'm sober.

I also work like a ****ing horse when I have 1-2 beers in me. Beer is what keeps me working. :D

I feel you. I got a bit done before dark. Weirdly enough I enjoy the work. Its just I have some issues with getting started being productive and beer has a way of bringing out the procrastinator in me. I got a little over 1/4 cord split and stacked so that is a start. I think i am going to move on to beer. Been productive enough for the evening.

I just hope I dont break the axe handle and be forced to use nothing but the sledge and wedge. Both of which are fun. The axe is easier though.

View attachment 238001

Say yes to crack!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Before the pic loaded I thought it might be a Marion Barry reference. RIP. One of the few politicians you could trust because he was honest about the fact that he was not to be trusted. Hah.

Drinking water and doing laundry.

Before the pic loaded I thought it might be a Marion Barry reference. RIP. One of the few politicians you could trust because he was honest about the fact that he was not to be trusted. Hah.

Drinking water and doing laundry.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk face but, what the flocc did you do to your avatar?!? I don't even know you anymore, man.:tank:

Just finished dinner and about to go get a Citra Saison HB.

Glad I don't have any wood to chop. The only thing that beer made me better at was bowling...and only for a game or two...then it started getting worse again. And I never would have handled an axe or chainsaw. The Doctor Johnny Fever improved reflexes bit is a myth....

Ahhhh....there's my Citra!

IMAG3933.jpg

Hi Nelson Saison courtesy of @mattmmille . This is floccing amazing! Once I get the use of my right arm back, I'd love to take a shot at brewing this. Thanks for sharing, Matt!

CameraZOOM-20141124192543715.jpg

I feel you. I got a bit done before dark. Weirdly enough I enjoy the work. Its just I have some issues with getting started being productive and beer has a way of bringing out the procrastinator in me. I got a little over 1/4 cord split and stacked so that is a start. I think i am going to move on to beer. Been productive enough for the evening.

I just hope I dont break the axe handle and be forced to use nothing but the sledge and wedge. Both of which are fun. The axe is easier though.

It's not weird for me. I love hard, physical work. It gets the adrenalin going.

Glad I don't have any wood to chop.

Ahh, c'mon. Get some!

Now that worked out perfectly. I have been working on the Buff Sweat clone keg I had left over and decided to kill now that I have managed to fill two more sixtels and part of a corny with. Second pour tonight filled the glass and killed the keg. I have never had a keg kill while pouring more than 1/4 a glass before.

For those with barrels, any reason to pick American oak over French oak? I am leaning towards french even though they are more expensive.

Back