What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now Lost Abbey Angel Share with some smoked brisket and pulled pork (with NC, SC and KC sauces). Blood pressure is coming down.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416088953.973132.jpg

This all sounds mildly miserable except the comic book convention part. Hang in there man.

Water. Took dog for a walk and headed to the State game...tailgate first.

Well, it all worked out, except my stomach started acting up, so I didn't feel like going back to the convention tonight. On the plus side, my nephew hooked me up with a 4 pack of tallboys!

IMAG3870.jpg

This beer is confusing my mouth brain.

Its like a heavy english or brown ale, with hops. Like, a **** ton of hops?

Enough hops for a tripple IPA but with the color, mouth feel and sweet maltiness of a heavy brown ale? I dunno what I think but at 12% ABV, I have a feeling my opinion will improve the closer I get to the bottom!

Making this my lead off hitter for the Bama game was either a brilliant move or a horrible mistake!

20141115_153051.jpg

My Temps are much more stable with the Igloo tun than when I did BIAB in my SS kettle.

I lost five degrees in an hour. I lose twice that in a big rectangular cool batch sparging. And that's indoors today's brew is outside in some frigid arse weather.

First time brewing while wearing a suit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Now Lost Abbey Angel Share with some smoked brisket and pulled pork (with NC, SC and KC sauces). Blood pressure is coming down.
View attachment 236186

Was in the mood for barbecue today but was too lazy to fire-up the smoker. I saw the preview of MSU at Bama and they showed Dreamland...which I've eaten at before and have sauce from here at the house. Love that place in Tuscaloosa. I need to go back.

Water.

I lost five degrees in an hour. I lose twice that in a big rectangular cool batch sparging. And that's indoors today's brew is outside in some frigid arse weather.

Do you preheat your cooler mash tun? For example, i normally add 185* water to my rectangular mash tun and let it sit for 10-20 minutes until its down to 173ish. I normally only lose 1 degree during my mash, if any.

Wow. In my circular Igloo, I lose than a degree in an hour. I have the same experience as you with BIAB...5 degrees +/- in an hour.

Was in the mood for barbecue today but was too lazy to fire-up the smoker. I saw the preview of MSU at Bama and they showed Dreamland...which I've eaten at before and have sauce from here at the house. Love that place in Tuscaloosa. I need to go back.

Water.

Just ordered out from a great BBQ place...even you southerners would respect this joint.

How big is the cooler and how big is the grain bill?

And speaking of big are my pictures oversized to you guys, checked my phone and the same, I didn't change anything that I know of??

I preheat the cooler. I always have a massive headspace, which could be a big part of it. Could just be that it is a much cheaper cooler. Doesn't matter, that kettle is about to get a false bottom and be a mash tun anyways. A buddy is making me a couple keggles and I am making a coil an buying a pump. I get to brew so rarely that I need to brew more and faster when I do. Setting myself up to mash a second while one is boiling and brew 10 gallons at a time seems like the ticket.

Having a Gatorade. I need a beer.

Boneyard Beer...found this little gem in Bend. Picked up a growler of their Hop Venom & their RPM IPA. Both are amazing.

20141115_141914.jpg

Bomber of my Belgian IPA.

Love using Belgian yeast for IPAs.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416092341.444084.jpg

View attachment 236179
Burger with grilled cheese sandwiches for a bun. It sounded better than it was

well no joke, son! there's no cheese between the grilled cheese & burger, no mayo, no mustard, no bacon, no ketchup, no jalapenos, no BBQ sauce, no onion, no lettuce, no chutney... you come on down and I'll teach you had to make awesome. :pipe:

having a Sweet Yamma Jamma.

well no joke, son! there's no cheese between the grilled cheese & burger, no mayo, no mustard, no bacon, no ketchup, no jalapenos, no BBQ sauce, no onion, no lettuce, no chutney... you come on down and I'll teach you had to make awesome. :pipe:

having a Sweet Yamma Jamma.

I don't eat 85% of the condiments you posted. Half of that **** doesn't belong on a grilled cheese or burger or the combination. That's not the point of my post, though. You live the northernmost of any drunk thread-er. Done.

:D

I don't eat 85% of the condiments you posted. Half of that **** doesn't belong on a grilled cheese or burger or the combination. That's not the point of my post, though. You live the northernmost of any drunk thread-er. Done.

Here at Awesome Industries, we tailor to your taste! Custom Awesome is not our job, it's our pleasure!

I gotfa go with BK on this one it needed all of those condiments. Jalapeno would have been especially nice.

I preheat the cooler. I always have a massive headspace, which could be a big part of it. Could just be that it is a much cheaper cooler. Doesn't matter, that kettle is about to get a false bottom and be a mash tun anyways. A buddy is making me a couple keggles and I am making a coil an buying a pump. I get to brew so rarely that I need to brew more and faster when I do. Setting myself up to mash a second while one is boiling and brew 10 gallons at a time seems like the ticket.

I lose about 1 degree in a 75 minute mash in my ss kettle i wrapped in a sleeping bag.

I always cover my mash with aluminum foil as there is normally more than 50% head space. Your new setup sounds better though :D

No pics:
Bourbon barrel mayan mocha from oddside and a founders dark pennance. I've gone to beer heaven. A rare night out at a restaurant with GOOD beer.
Back home and going to open up something else here soon...

Boneyard Beer...found this little gem in Bend. Picked up a growler of their Hop Venom & their RPM IPA. Both are amazing.

Fifty percent of the time when I go to the local growler place I end up getting one of those two beers. Both are rock solid IPAs. Hop venom - DIPA 9% ABV, $10 a growler. RPM - IPA 7.5% $8.

Well, it all worked out, except my stomach started acting up, so I didn't feel like going back to the convention tonight. On the plus side, my nephew hooked me up with a 4 pack of tallboys!

BK calls that "the ****s."

Water. Buzz is insane.

They're definitely good beers. I get disgusted with the beer prices in Philly every time I come out west. Growler fills run $15-25 there.

Back