What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415724217.189046.jpg

Nothing like the first beer of the day. Nothing.

Pappy is fantastic I would recommend it to everyone the signet is better imo though. I'm supposed to be getting more pappy Thursday hopefully.

I'll be happy with just a pour of it one day even a chance at a bottle in the future. the Pappy and Signet are different whiskys and good on their own terms.

First time trying kombucha (store-bought, not homemade). This is really good. How easy/hard is it to make?

Edit: stupid sideways pic. I hate you phone.

1415728407134.jpg

Too tired to go inside. Sent my kid in to get the "doggy beer." Let's see what he comes out with. Hopefully, the right one.

Sample of my brett saison and sour saison. Both at nine months from the same batch and good, but taste better blended. I may mix and bottle today if i get around to it. :D
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415730280.933830.jpg

My wife made a batch, but the scoby grew some mold on it after the 2nd week and we dumped it. its super low alcohol so i think infections can happen pretty easily.
fortunately the starter that we made grew a few scobys that can be stored in the fridge and its absurbly cheap, so no biggie. all you need is water, sugar and a few black tea bags. you can find some threads on this site about it.

First time trying kombucha (store-bought, not homemade). This is really good. How easy/hard is it to make?

One thing I won't be is out-worked.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415733575.379372.jpg

My oak-aged red rye ale.

Coffee. About to take my calculus mid-term and the worst part is I don't get to have any beer afterwards because the stupid doctors say I can't have any alcohol within 24 hours of having anesthesia.:mad:

I've been making it for around a year, started a mother from a bottle of GT's. Gallon batches, six tea bags usually 3 green 3 black, 100 grams sugar and the mother. I think I started a little weaker to get going.
Not as tart as I would like but tasty just the same

So as my small batch 2nd runnings stout heated up I could smell distinct amounts of acid. Perhaps I was not completely sanitary at three in the morning. And perhaps I shouldn't have let it sit in the bucket for 48 hours before bottling and freezing. :drunk:

Oh well, new plan. Going to pitch some WLP005 and Wyeast L. Brevis for a sour stout. Yeah, that's the ticket! :fro:

I've been making it for around a year, started a mother from a bottle of GT's. Gallon batches, six tea bags usually 3 green 3 black, 100 grams sugar and the mother. I think I started a little weaker to get going.
Not as tart as I would like but tasty just the same

Nice, I'll have to give it a shot. And since I've seen pics of SCOBYs, I presume half the fun is telling people you have an alien fetus in a jar when they come by the house. :D

HB Belgian(ish) Blonde.

1415739224380.jpg

2013 Nosferatu. Found this one near the fireplace when I came inside. Going to look under the couch next.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415739334.390176.jpg

Coffee. About to take my calculus mid-term and the worst part is I don't get to have any beer afterwards because the stupid doctors say I can't have any alcohol within 24 hours of having anesthesia.:mad:

I feel like that is more of a cautionary tale...like those yellow road signs suggesting you take an offramp at 35 MPH.
But really, I was always told at least 8-12 hours.

Water. Beer soon.

At home with a sick kid. He finally went down for a nap. Think I'll have some Breakfast Stout.
View attachment 235291

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hope he rebounds soon - sucks to see you kid sick. Oh, and enjoy your crack.

Best of luck with the surgery and rehab! :mug:

2013 Nosferatu. Found this one near the fireplace when I came inside. Going to look under the couch next.

View attachment 235296

This's the fireplace you stoke up to 500 degrees?! :eek: ;). :fro:

Oh - and I decided to brew today! :mug:

But you said beer didn't affect you! :D

Coffee, water....etc etc.
Sleepy and feeling beat up for some odd reason.

It really doesn't - not physically. It strictly affects me mentally. :fro:

This's the fireplace you stoke up to 500 degrees?! :eek: ;). :fro:

Oh - and I decided to brew today! :mug:

No fire today. It was close to 70F here. :D I found this beer inside of the fireplace. Think an elf or something, maybe Santa, hid it there for me as a reward for splitting wood for 5 floccing hours.

I feel like that is more of a cautionary tale...like those yellow road signs suggesting you take an offramp at 35 MPH.
But really, I was always told at least 8-12 hours.

Water. Beer soon.

I'd have one or eight if I were him. What anesthesia? I say drink and eliminate the anesthesia from the hospital bill.

Work is boring me and it is too nice out. So I decided to brew up a coffee stout with the second runnings I had in the freezer. Oh, and giving my fancy new glass a test drive while I'm at it (and sending a quick counter-curse BUCKNUTS way! ;) )
View attachment 235277

It's all good Nuke broke the curse already. I'm not drinking anything until I brew on Sunday. once in a while I like to prove that while I love beer I dont NEED it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back