What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question of the evening. I have 11 Mad Elfs(one got sacrificed to the PA roommate). Should I drink one/some this year or let them keep til next year?
Also, Should I do the 2013/2014 Ten FIDY comparison tonight.
And how about the WnB/FBS comparison, should I do that instead?

Definitely save most of those elves, but enjoy a few this year.

Wait on Ten Fidy until you have at least four years. ;)

Do the FBS/WnB side by side. Early and often.

Having this - meh, more proof that I don't like wheat beers much.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415658924.393386.jpg

View attachment 235115

Don't judge wheat beers by that one! I love wheat beers and would take my BUD over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Had to drive all over town and make three stops to find this one. Crazy.
View attachment 235113

Really? They had a mountain of it at the bottle shop near me. Surprised I only bought 2 4 packs. Think I ought to order a 1/4 keg of it again this year. I do enjoy it.

View attachment 235115

Think I will have maybe one elf and save the rest. possibly keep a 6 but who knows.
I will take your advice under advisemen on the fidy. I have 2 cans of last years and 3 of this, should pick up another 4.
Got a case of WnB. Going to have to try the heck out of it, though I hear it ages okay.

I am with you on the wheat beers. They are great in theory, but I can usually only drink one, or part of one.

Decided that I need to keep on these Novemberfests. give the stouts a chance to get cold.

Oh noooo. I hope that you're okay.

Nothing life threatening. I tore my rotator cuff while getting (trying to get?) my swole on. On Wednesday the surgeon is going to go in and reattach the tendon where it is supposed to go.

Having what I believe to be @mattmmille 's Coffee Chocolate Stout. I can't remember what all the codes on your caps meant, so please correct me if I'm wrong, Matt. It's overcarbonated, but that's really the only thing I notice off about it. The coffee and chocolate are both quite present in the beer and it's quite enjoyable, even if I have to dig through the carbonation a bit to pick up the coffee and chocolate notes. Nice brew, Matt!

CameraZOOM-20141110181127125.jpg

Nothing life threatening. I tore my rotator cuff while getting (trying to get?) my swole on. On Wednesday the surgeon is going to go in and reattach the tendon where it is supposed to go.

Having what I believe to be @mattmmille 's Coffee Chocolate Stout. I can't remember what all the codes on your caps meant, so please correct me if I'm wrong, Matt. It's overcarbonated, but that's really the only thing I notice off about it. The coffee and chocolate are both quite present in the beer and it's quite enjoyable, even if I have to dig through the carbonation a bit to pick up the coffee and chocolate notes. Nice brew, Matt!

Get better, man. Come get your swole on after next brew day! :D

Pretty sure my liver is crying. I'm off from work tomorrow. But will be working like a country boy. ****.

Spinning Piledriver RIS homebrew
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415662323.186863.jpg

That's good. I hope everything goes well.

Still on my mini growler of tater ridge. Homemade pot pie was awesome.

You guys can send your beers to me, I will cellar them for you. I need a reason to dig up my backyard to install a beer vault. Sounds like a business opportunity.

You guys can send your beers to me, I will cellar them for you. I need a reason to dig up my backyard to install a beer vault. Sounds like a business opportunity.

Hmmm. I already have the vault... But only a fool would send me beer and expect to get it back.

Third one of these. This would be an excellent beer if it was about 7% like a real IPA. For now its like hopped seltzer water.

1415666077838.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415666164.366503.jpg

I am drinking this in an attempt to save some fbs for tomorrow.

I am excited about the background bottle that my father in law picked up for me. The beer in it was not so exciting. Stunk up the house.

I have a shelf under my wet bar that I hide beers in. If I cant see it, I do not have it. It is amusing to open it up every now and again and rediscover what I have.

Back