What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking DisturbdChemist's sour raspberry cider. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411429674.355443.jpgAfter my sausage and meatballs baked ziti. Yum. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411429758.622437.jpg
And for anyone who cares ;), there's a lot of activity in my gose tonight. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411429861.661600.jpg

Drinking DisturbdChemist's sour raspberry cider. View attachment 225487After my sausage and meatballs baked ziti. Yum. View attachment 225489
And for anyone who cares ;), there's a lot of activity in my gose tonight. View attachment 225490

You still have a bottle of that :drunk:

Some mild, sample of cider and plum mead i just bottled at once!

I wasn't intrigued enough to buy a case of that, let alone mix and match with other IPAs. So never mind then ;)

More of my Best Bitter. I might end up killing the whole pin tonight.

Are you British? Just wondering because you seem to like all things English. I just can't get into their(your?) beer it sucks compared to American craft beer and football? Forget about it. American football is awesome that version they play across the pond and keep trying to force on me is horrible and boring, like the beer over there. I do like your soccer hooligans though. I like a **** stirrer it keeps things interesting doesn't it bloke? or is it mate?

I wasn't intrigued enough to buy a case of that, let alone mix and match with other IPAs. So never mind then ;)

More of my Best Bitter. I might end up killing the whole pin tonight.

Of course you can finish a corny keg of a Bitter at 3% ABV. ****ing pansy beer. :D

Are you British? Just wondering because you seem to like all things English. I just can't get into their(your?) beer it sucks compared to American craft beer and football? Forget about it. American football is awesome that version they play across the pond and keep trying to force on me is horrible and boring, like the beer over there. I do like your soccer hooligans though. I like a **** stirrer it keeps things interesting doesn't it bloke? or is it mate?

American Football > Soccer. Flocc yeah!

Drinking DisturbdChemist's sour raspberry cider. View attachment 225487After my sausage and meatballs baked ziti. Yum. View attachment 225489
And for anyone who cares ;), there's a lot of activity in my gose tonight. View attachment 225490

Your whole post looks delicious.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411431744.807201.jpg

Apparently founders growlers of curmudgeon and breakfast stout are coming home with my other half. Still jealous I didn't get to hit the brewery. And irked they didn't have much on tap right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Your whole post looks delicious.

View attachment 225493

Apparently founders growlers of curmudgeon and breakfast stout are coming home with my other half. Still jealous I didn't get to hit the brewery. And irked they didn't have much on tap right now.

idk plath growlers of Curmudgeon and Breakfast Stout are not a bad consolation prize if you ask me.

my CRye Guy IPA. if I didn't have 8 gallons of a Brett/Pedio beer in the conical, I'd try to get a 10 gallon batch to fill a few kegs. my pipe line is about a reducing 90 right now.

my CRye Guy IPA. if I didn't have 8 gallons of a Brett/Pedio beer in the conical, I'd try to get a 10 gallon batch to fill a few kegs. my pipe line is about a reducing 90 right now.

BK if you grew up in England do you think you would have been a soccer hooligan? I'm thinking you would have been plus I just like saying soccer hooligan.lol how does such a lame sport incite riots? :rockin:

BK if you grew up in England do you think you would have been a soccer hooligan? I'm thinking you would have been plus I just like saying soccer hooligan.lol how does such a lame sport incite riots? :rockin:

373808063114070074052478.gif

I was born in the US, but grew up in the UK. But moved back to the US at a young enough age to lose my accent, and get in a few very heated arguments with public school teachers drilling into my head that "colour" and "flavour" and "-ise" are wrong, so I spell the American way. But all my family from my grandparents back is English (Manchester and Lake District depending on the side of the family), and I've ended up with this random hodgepodge of English and American.

The beer is kind of independent of that though. Not sure why I gravitated to English beers. I guess I just like sessionable and flavorful. Most German beers are too clean for my taste (respect em but not enough to drink em all the time). And Belgian and American beers rarely meet the sessionable part. I love Belgian beers, don't get me wrong. But I'm not too big on American hops. So at the end of the day, American craft beer is usually at the bottom of the list (unless it's emulating a non-Amerian style).

You still have a bottle of that :drunk:

Some mild, sample of cider and plum mead i just bottled at one!

Probably close to a year. Opened on yesterday and it was still really good

I've still got a bottle as well. Forgot about it for a bit and saw it this past weekend when I was going thru my stash. It will go down soon.

Drinking a Cedar Creek Scruffy's smoked alt.

sports is sports. but if I grew up in England, I'd probably liked beer when I was a teenager.

Of course you can finish a corny keg of a Bitter at 3% ABV. ****ing pansy beer. :D

4.6% ABV, thank you.

It started with neighborhood rivalries that cut deep (Spurs v Arsenal, for example). And sometimes it's a hell of a lot deeper than even that. Rangers FC vs. Celtic FC embodies the entire Protestant v. Catholic, Nationalist v. Unionist thing. And it's deep and bitter. That doesn't really exist in American sports since the leagues are constructed differently.

idk plath growlers of Curmudgeon and Breakfast Stout are not a bad consolation prize if you ask me.

True true. I'm super surprised he even stopped there since he thinks my beer obsession is insane and overboard.

I always wanted to be British when I was a kid. Yeah, I was weird.

Decided on a bottle of Cuvée du Chateau but then thought better of it and it's 11% so I settled on the first pull from the small keg of RIS, it's 10% but I don't don't need to kill the bottle.
Pretty happy with it!

IMG_4551.jpg

I was born in the US, but grew up in the UK. But moved back to the US at a young enough age to lose my accent, and get in a few very heated arguments with public school teachers drilling into my head that "colour" and "flavour" and "-ise" are wrong, so I spell the American way. But all my family from my grandparents back is English (Manchester and Lake District depending on the side of the family), and I've ended up with this random hodgepodge of English and American.

The beer is kind of independent of that though. Not sure why I gravitated to English beers. I guess I just like sessionable and flavorful. Most German beers are too clean for my taste (respect em but not enough to drink em all the time). And Belgian and American beers rarely meet the sessionable part. I love Belgian beers, don't get me wrong. But I'm not too big on American hops. So at the end of the day, American craft beer is usually at the bottom of the list (unless it's emulating a non-Amerian style).

I tried to drink English beer I really did but I honestly just find them so similar and kind of boring. I like American and Belgian beer much better the hoppier the better, the funkier the better. I just can't do malty beer. I see no point in session beer either. I know the history of the IPA is English but we just do it so much better here. Much Like football we took something boring and made it awesome. I live in rural Ohio we still love God, family, country, guns and football in that order. Just a bunch of hillbillies not very cosmopolitan around these parts.

I tried to drink English beer I really did but I honestly just find them so similar and kind of boring. I like American and Belgian beer much better the hoppier the better, the funkier the better. I just can't do malty beer. I see no point in session beer either. I know the history of the IPA is English but we just do it so much better here. Much Like football we took something boring and made it awesome. I live in rural Ohio we still love God, family, country, guns and football in that order. Just a bunch of hillbillies not very cosmopolitan around these parts.

To each their own. I think most American beers taste the same. It's a little better with some of the new hops out there, but it's all got the same hop character and it's boring to me, and often way too over the top. I'm with you on the funk though.

I enjoy playing American football. Can't stand watching it. Watching the Caps/Flyers play, my wife just commented "is this still on?". And it just shows the difference. It takes less time to air a 90 minute football (soccer) match than it does to air a 60 minute hockey game. And American football is even worse. And it's all stoppage of play and commercials. When you realize there's only a handful of substitutions for a team the whole time, over 90 minutes, with little to no rest, lots of back and forth, a hell of a lot of running and a slight degree of contact, it's an exhausting sport. As opposed to the constant breaks and line changes of American football, or of baseball, the constant line changes in hockey. Only thing that really compares is basketball. And that's a much smaller (as in orders of magnitude) playing field.

At the end of the day, to each their own.

But any sports fan is a pansy until they've actually played rugby. I shed enough blood playing as a kid that I've payed my dues. Don't really follow it any more (let alone still play it), but you can call football a sissy sport all you want, ALL American sports might as well be your daughter's tea party compared to rugby.

Still working on the Best Bitter.

Since I've been here, thought GOSE was some northeast brewery. Finally looked it up and see a specialty type beer. That explains the flavors i detected in your gose BGBC.

Latest posts

Back