What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. Had a dentist appointment first thing so I didn't get started on coffee until a little while ago. At least I know my laptop won't be coming in today so I will be working on the fermentation chamber soon :D

Fixing my home puter. Drinking my third HB Cream Ale. I seem to get frustrated less when drinking. Whowouldathunk?

Whys everyone so combative recently? I miss my more jovial happy drunks in the alkie thread. I know I have not visited as much in the evenings recently, but still.

My iPhone is only half working and while it is a 4S, I was just not thinking I'd lay down hundreds for a new one come pre-order time.

Drinking water. Exhausted from what has felt like a totally ****ty week and a half. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to get better yet. I realize that is vague but lets face it, no one needs or wants to hear me complain. ;)

Thinking I will be drinking tonight.

My iPhone is only half working and while it is a 4S, I was just not thinking I'd lay down hundreds for a new one come pre-order time.

Drinking water. Exhausted from what has felt like a totally ****ty week and a half. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to get better yet. I realize that is vague but lets face it, no one needs or wants to hear me complain. ;)

Thinking I will be drinking tonight.

Feel free to complain. Not saying I'd really care or even read it, but go ahead anyway. ;)

Odd Side Ales El Dankerino DIPA before heading to the campsite.

1410452040647.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410454783.893978.jpg

This made me smile.

Bad coffee. The beer is gonna taste great tonight if I can stay out of the gin.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm generally hesitant to buy Terrapin's hoppy beers since they don't date bottles and I've had some that were wayyyyy too old. That said, W-n-B is great, Moo-Hoo & Liquid Bliss are solid and Side Projects have been enjoyable.

They have a best by date on the right side of the label that gets notched out
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410455609.769019.jpg

I don't remember ever seeing that - did they start doing that recently? Just for the hoppy stuff or all the beers?

They've done that as far as I can remember. I have some Terrapin at the house and it has a best-buy date.

I'll check the next time I'm in the bottle shop then - as long as I know it's reasonably fresh I'll buy it.

Having this while I tinker on my fermentation chamber some more. Solid brown.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410461969.344818.jpg

How did you say that turned out? I don't remember. I haven't had it but heard it's good. Almost bought it last week but didn't on account of it possibly being really old.

Well, it's not a successful clone. Needs major tweaks. It's in the ballpark, and it's a tasty Bitter, but not cloned by any means. But I'll be playing with it. New yeast, and changes to the malt and hops.

But yeah, if you can pick it up do so. It's not a super intense knock your teeth out kind of beer, just a good balanced flavorful easy drinking classic example of a Bitter.

Well, it's not a successful clone. Needs major tweaks. It's in the ballpark, and it's a tasty Bitter, but not cloned by any means. But I'll be playing with it. New yeast, and changes to the malt and hops.

But yeah, if you can pick it up do so. It's not a super intense knock your teeth out kind of beer, just a good balanced flavorful easy drinking classic example of a Bitter.

Sounds like my Stone Self Righteous clone haha. That's up for a rebrew next and I am really going to try and nail it. The last time I used Carafa III instead of the debittered, oops! and not enough hops. Ended up more like a stout than anything. It ended good because I ended blending it was some other so/so beers. Any interest in the clone, I definitely suggest looking at the recipe. It's pretty simple.

Drinking American amber HB.

If you have an iPhone, radio shack fixes water damage for $30 if the rice doesnt do it. They also can replace your battery or screen for $50 installed, in case it helps :D

Good to know. But I didn't even realize RadioShack still existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back