What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the asking price on one of those ?

It was $99. Dollar a beer. Not bad.

Having a few austin beer garden goodies

1409522930067.jpg

In-laws had this in the fridge since Christmas...brew date late Nov 2013. Bitter, but aroma/flavor hops are gone. I assume this would have been much better in December! But it's 9% ABV...and choices are very limited.

IMAG3499.jpg

Supposedly a highly alcoholic tepache. Still not sure but willing to try it. ;) first pour since it was done. Cut with sparkling water...voss water to be exact. Bought in error.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409524060.754879.jpg

Drinking Mich Light after sweating my ass off for five hours. Had to do a 90 min boil since my efficiency sucked. Ended up pretty well. First double IPA attempt.

1409524363641.jpg

Onto 09-09-09. Untappd lists it as a quad which is so wrong. Definitely a Belgian stout that is at it's peak!
View attachment 221169

Jealous. I was just able to drink when tgat came out. Then it was mainly water lol. Will take a pic of the haul when i get home. Found some gems that i was silently celebrating in the store

Thanks to that big bottle of rye followed by a massive burger, I just had a fantastic Sunday nap. Now enjoying a yellow dwarf wheat from quaff on brewing. It's good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Gravity sample of my RIS.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409528507.985734.jpg

Off topic - technique question - I have some bourbon soaked oak spirals to add to this. Do I dump in on top of primary or transfer to secondary and then add oak and bourbon? My concern is time on the yeast cake. It's been in primary for 4 weeks already.

when y'all say "quaff", it instantly makes me think "queef" (sp?). and if you're doing that with beer, go see a floccin' doctor immediately. put down the glass (so floccin' disturbing) and go to the ER now.

having my HB Irish Brown. which is not being "quaffed".

when y'all say "quaff", it instantly makes me think "queef" (sp?). and if you're doing that with beer, go see a floccin' doctor immediately. put down the glass (so floccin' disturbing) and go to the ER now.

having my HB Irish Brown. which is not being "quaffed".

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409528993.352271.jpg
It would have totally different bottle art.

Gravity sample of my RIS.
View attachment 221205

Off topic - technique question - I have some bourbon soaked oak spirals to add to this. Do I dump in on top of primary or transfer to secondary and then add oak and bourbon? My concern is time on the yeast cake. It's been in primary for 4 weeks already.

If you're going to bulk age I'd transfer then add oak.

My good friend knows one of the brewers. He filled that Queen of the Damned before they even bottled for the release.

Now having Great Lakes Ales for ALS.
View attachment 221137

Nice. If you get down to this area, let me know!

Home now, having cheap Chinese food and watching Totoro with the kids.

Had a couple of lawnmower pale ales, and now yearning for something hoppier and heavier in ABV. Might go sour instead.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409531161.336564.jpg
Not sure if it's the 3 White Rajah, 4 no bake cookies or the combination but damn do I have heartburn.

My knees and back started hurting just looking at that, I'm glad I only got a bathroom left to do and my tile laying days are over

View attachment 221143dank and delicious

Me too. I got a bad back & hips, but still got to do paint & wood floor in the man cave. Double Trouble was famous in austin before Stevie Ray Vaughn went main stream. I guess he just couldn't stand the weather?...

Back