What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, let us know how brew day turns out if you go that route. I did a double batch and half with be pumpkin and the other half will be vanilla. :D

I'm beginning to wish I had done something special for Halloween but most of those styles probably need more time than what I have left between now and then. Maybe even too late for Thanksgiving...

Well, my apfelwein will be ready by then, I suppose...

I'm beginning to wish I had done something special for Halloween but most of those styles probably need more time than what I have left between now and then. Maybe even too late for Thanksgiving...

Well, my apfelwein will be ready by then, I suppose...

I think you would be fine with either of them if you brewed in the next week or two, at least for thanksgiving. The vanilla one will only take 3 weeks before bottling. It is pretty much done fermenting after less than a week and secondary with the vanilla beans was suggested for only a week from tallgrass. The pumpkin one may take 3-4 weeks to secondary though.

Hmm... I could swear I saw a picture of you somewhere (you are blonde right?). Or maybe I am just stalking you. Shhhh... dont tell.

I think I will give it another traditionally safe public date or two before offering this up as an option. It should give me some time to clean up(declutter) my brewing area/garage/kitchen/whathaveyou.

I am surprised the offer of brewing hasn't worked better for you. We guys are rather simple creatures, no matter how much credit you ladies want to give us. And turning down the offer of alcohol? Wow, what kind of guys are you after? Mormons? (no offense intended to any Mormons reading this site, I figured it was safer than using a different religon as an example). I promise you, if someone were to offer me a brew day, even before I got into it myself, I would have taken up that offer in a second, even if she looked like the character Mimi from the Drew Carrey show.

Feel better. Sick is no fun. Stay hydrated (hydration method is entirely up to you). I find a Hot Toddy or Scotchy before bed seems to fix me right up.

And to get on topic, I am having a large bottle of water. Because, why the heck not.

hahah @ mormons! Not blonde either.

I agree about a couple more public dates but you can certainly turn it into brewing and dinner.

Water...drinking water cursing my doctor who hasn't called me back yet.

Recipe? If I'm going to do it, though, I need to do it this weekend. I will probably be out of town over Labor Day weekend.

Not "my" recipe. I had great success using Reno_eNVy's "Punkin Ale" base for a 3 gal BIAB last year. Minor changes based on what I had avail.

Damn this is incredible. Love me some licorice. And it comes in a half growler!!
View attachment 219077

Is that a beer you can get locally? I bought that on my birthday as a bit of a joke. I carried it around like a damn baby and drank the **** out of it. It is actually quite good but you best like black licorice! The bottles are also great for home-brew. :)

Hint, without a picture, ain't none of that happened! ;)

Just polished off a Diet Pepsi. At least Amtrak is running on time tonight....

Well here's part of it :)

2014-08-19.jpg

Is that a beer you can get locally? I bought that on my birthday as a bit of a joke. I carried it around like a damn baby and drank the **** out of it. It is actually quite good but you best like black licorice! The bottles are also great for home-brew. :)

I got it from a beer of the month club through my local bottle shop, so I guess I can get it locally. But I think it was a one off release. Haven't seen it around really. Still have more left for tonight! Definite licorice bomb.

Gatorade at the beach.

Went from crazy beers while fishing in the ocean to sports drinks at the lake. Maybe tomorrow a trip to Weyerbacher for a tour.

1408644334059.jpg

I've done nothing today. My laptop is crawling along and won't connect to any network resources. So I'm just waiting for the help desk to callback. Oh, and drinking water. For realz. See, here's a picture!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408644469.398791.jpg

Nice view.

It is...it's a small lake is Morris County. Pay $6 to get it and it's like a mini vacation. Haven't brought any beer in though.

Drinking more water. My pale body burns so fast.

Off topic: anybody know what they're selling in the commercial with the girl in the bakini washing the truck in Texas when Paris Hilton walks in?

It is...it's a small lake is Morris County. Pay $6 to get it and it's like a mini vacation. Haven't brought any beer in though.

Drinking more water. My pale body burns so fast.

Off topic: anybody know what they're selling in the commercial with the girl in the bakini washing the truck in Texas when Paris Hilton walks in?

I know the commercial.... And have no idea what it's for. Lol

Water.. Still stuck at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Water. Had to call the SWMBO to let her know my mother was on the way to spend the night at my house. It was planned, but we both forgot. The response was a text that read 'she has arrived'.

Might be in trouble when I get home.

I got it from a beer of the month club through my local bottle shop, so I guess I can get it locally. But I think it was a one off release. Haven't seen it around really. Still have more left for tonight! Definite licorice bomb.

I found the pic of Hello you were looking for
View attachment 219141
Haha yes, brunette!

Water. No doctor call back, I want to cry and vag punch her.

Water. Had to call the SWMBO to let her know my mother was on the way to spend the night at my house. It was planned, but we both forgot. The response was a text that read 'she has arrived'.

Might be in trouble when I get home.

oh snap! my wife & I would be shocked if my mom came for a visit. we'd feel blessed if her mom stopped for a while. hahaha!!!

on the uncarbonated mega-uber-extra-clear-64-ultra light. (that's water)

ah i remember passing that place all the time when living in West Chester. how is the beer there? ill be back in WC for a month in Oct visiting my wife's family. might have to give it a shot.

No work done today at all. After that I need some beer :)

McKenzie Brew House Brewers Choice IPA. Session IPA with mandarina hops. Thin and the orange hints are very faint.
View attachment 219173

ah i remember passing that place all the time when living in West Chester. how is the beer there? ill be back in WC for a month in Oct visiting my wife's family. might have to give it a shot.

This is the Berwyn location. Beers are okay - nothing to write home about. Now having the bandwagon DIPA - best one yet.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408658962.295459.jpg

Latest posts

Back