What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. Thanks Joe!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406417210.767665.jpg

I was inspired from yesterday. Headed to Trailhead Brewery for dinner.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406419934.050022.jpg
This one was good, but had a little too much hop character for the style.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406420009.618802.jpg
This Missouri Brown was decent. Ton of chocolate malt.

Tonight was @weyerbacher IPA, @founders IPA, @ southern tier IPA, @fat heads head hunter, @21stamendment IPA. All were yummy!

Murray's Cider, fermented. Bottled on 5/5/14. I call it Murray's super Easy Cider, because it comes in a 1/2 gallon glass carboy/growler and all I do is pitch S-04 yeast (or US-05), pop on an airlock and wait. OG was 1.053, I let it ferment to 1 .007 and bottled. About 6%ABV. No added sugar, no pasteurizing. Carbs enough for a tingle, but nowhere near bottle bomb threat. Cost comes out to around $1/bottle. Nice apple flavor without being very sweet.

DSC05125.jpg

IMAG2307.jpg

Murray's Cider, fermented. Bottled on 5/5/14. I call it Murray's super Easy Cider, because it comes in a 1/2 gallon glass carboy/growler and all I do is pitch S-04 yeast (or US-05), pop on an airlock and wait. OG was 1.053, I let it ferment to 1 .007 and bottled. About 6%ABV. No added sugar, no pasteurizing. Carbs enough for a tingle, but nowhere near bottle bomb threat. Cost comes out to around $1/bottle. Nice apple flavor without being very sweet.

If that weren't so brilliantly simple, I'd call it cheating. :)

I have to track down some cider bottles like that and do the same.

HB blackberry wheat, Great Lakes Wandering Pelican, Bear Republic Mach 10, HB Hi Nelson saison, and a hibiscus whit.

just stop it, man! stop the madness!

Sometimes I love my part time job. I work in the houses of wealthy people and serve this **** like it's normal. Awesome family today. At 10pm the lady said thanks and the husband pours me 4 Louis XIII in a row.

Sometimes I love my part time job. I work in the houses of wealthy people and serve this **** like it's normal. Awesome family today. At 10pm the lady said thanks and the husband pours me 4 Louis XIII in a row.

think they'd be creeped out with a bald, tattooed, toothless guy standing in the room? hey! I could be your assistant!

What I can't ignore is the tissue box. Is that thing bottomless?

SWMBO is a little OCD. Each room in the house has a designated Kleenex box. As soon as one goes empty, it is immediately replaced with the exact same box. If I mistakenly put a blue box where the red box goes, it gets fixed next time she sees it. I used to get annoyed, now it's kind of a game.
Supply of Kleenex boxes.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406428601.686911.jpg
I live in fear of what will happen if Kleenex decides to change their pattern :)

And a break from IPAs. One of the best / cleverest named beers I've found.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406428678.611563.jpg

Back