What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knee deep brewing. Hoptologist dipa. Dank!! Love it. Thanks to the chef

1402452800831.jpg

Drinking me some Sierra Nevada Hop Torpedo .. and after this glass, a few glasses of apfelwein.

New Texas brewery. Apparently a philanthropic brewery whose mission is to donate all of their profits to charity. Not sure how sustainable that will be, but the beer is ok.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402454497.748861.jpg

New Texas brewery. Apparently a philanthropic brewery whose mission is to donate all of their profits to charity. Not sure how sustainable that will be, but the beer is ok.
View attachment 205021

I saw that at jester king. Haven't picked one up. Yea. That might be a loose term on profits being that the brewery won't turn a profit for a very long time

Just coarse ground 12 oz of French Roast coffee, funneled it into a 1 gallon glass carboy and topped it off with cold Culligan bottled water. Screwed on the cap, gave it a swirl to make sure the grounds were all wet, and popped it into the fridge. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll strain the grounds and have a nice coffee concentrate. It should be a 2 parts water or milk to 1 part coffee concentrate for an iced coffee...or use hot water and half'n'half for hot coffee. The cold brewing makes a really smooth, low-acid, well-caffeinated coffee.

Still drying out the dog treats and extra grain in the oven. Gonna have to let it cool overnight soon and start up again tomorrow, if necessary, so I can get some sleep!

Having a nightcap hb pale ale.

DSC04995.jpg

Just coarse ground 12 oz of French Roast coffee, funneled it into a 1 gallon glass carboy and topped it off with cold Culligan bottled water. Screwed on the cap, gave it a swirl to make sure the grounds were all wet, and popped it into the fridge. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll strain the grounds and have a nice coffee concentrate. It should be a 2 parts water or milk to 1 part coffee concentrate for an iced coffee...or use hot water and half'n'half for hot coffee. The cold brewing makes a really smooth, low-acid, well-caffeinated coffee.

Still drying out the dog treats and extra grain in the oven. Gonna have to let it cool overnight soon and start up again tomorrow, if necessary, so I can get some sleep!

Having a nightcap hb pale ale.

Sounds good. What coffee did you use?

This. I use this recipe all summer long. Made the first batch a week ago, SWMBO complained it was too strong and that she had to mix it more than half and half with milk. My response - yep! Heh.... She does that every year.

Couldn't sleep, got up at 0330 and did an hours work.

Early Gray tea, then cascade hopped kombucha. Now to the train station on my easy to Grand Rapids and the NHC! :ban: :ban: :ban:

1402477011775.jpg

Coffee, lots of it.

Hoping I can get a quickie answer. I want to dedicate some equipment to "sour" beers since I have that infected beer that I am allowing to ride. Do I need to dedicate a hydrometer as well or just anything plastic?

Cup of coffee. I managed to beat the rain into work this morning so I have that going for me. Hopefully the rest of the day will continue to go just as well.

Margarita inspired protein shake. Turned out way better than expected. Vanilla protein powder, an orange, a lime, some left over watermelon, ice, and best of all, light Margarita mix. No salt!

1402486810398.jpg

Flight of DuClaw at the airport before my flight.

R to L:
Hellrazer
Misfit Red
Bare @ss Blonde
Serum
EuForia
Neon Gypsy

Awesome! Morning drinking is so fun on vaca! Have fun and bring us all back a prize!

Water. I have to say that 26 e-mails before 8:30 in the morning is actually annoying as all get out.

Nice! Have fun at NHC!

Awesome! Morning drinking is so fun on vaca! Have fun and bring us all back a prize!

Water. I have to say that 26 e-mails before 8:30 in the morning is actually annoying as all get out.

Thanks. Nothing passed the first round this year. :( San Diego is a year away!

Yeah. Since 0345, I have sent approximately 35 emails.... On my day off. And phone calls.

Grumble.

Coffee again.

This. I use this recipe all summer long. Made the first batch a week ago, SWMBO complained it was too strong and that she had to mix it more than half and half with milk. My response - yep! Heh.... She does that every year.

Couldn't sleep, got up at 0330 and did an hours work.

Early Gray tea, then cascade hopped kombucha. Now to the train station on my easy to Grand Rapids and the NHC! :ban: :ban: :ban:

My brother lived in Grand Rapids for many years...I visited a couple of times. If you're a hotdog fan, find your way to Yesterdog!

Sounds good. What coffee did you use?

On regular coffee so far today.

The French Roast that I'm cold brewing is a whole bean coffee I got on sale at Harris Teeter (their house brand) when it was on sale not too long ago. I also bought a half pound bag of Kenyan whole bean from Cup A Joe for possible future beer use. The HT coffee is just going to be for drinking.

Back