What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397706835.929491.jpgtastes like candy

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

HB Blonde

:off: My sister has asked me to brew up a 'spring tasting' beer for a party she is having May 16th. Anyone have any suggestions for something i can 'grain to glass' in the 25 days i have? I can't brew this weekend as i'll be out of town. I've done Biermuncher's Blonde in that time. I was thinking maybe a hefe, but have not done one that fast. Any recipes would be appreciated. I will force carb and can get that done in 24-36 hours.

I would have said a hefe too. Mine was ready to bottle in 14 days and I could have bottled sooner if I would have checked FG more often.

HB Blonde

:off: My sister has asked me to brew up a 'spring tasting' beer for a party she is having May 16th. Anyone have any suggestions for something i can 'grain to glass' in the 25 days i have? I can't brew this weekend as i'll be out of town. I've done Biermuncher's Blonde in that time. I was thinking maybe a hefe, but have not done one that fast. Any recipes would be appreciated. I will force carb and can get that done in 24-36 hours.

Another vote for hefe, but put some pineapple juice in the keg with the beer. Drives the womens crazy

I would have said a hefe too. Mine was ready to bottle in 14 days and I could have bottled sooner if I would have checked FG more often.

Another vote for hefe, but put some pineapple juice in the keg with the beer. Drives the womens crazy

either of you have a recipe to share?

Pineapple Juice sounds great. how much do you add?

Mine was simple, 66% german wheat malt, 33% pilsner. I always add a 1/4lb carafoam and 1/10 lb rice hulls to all my batches as well, even with this much wheat. Then just .75oz hallertau at 45 and .25oz at 15. I used 3068.

Finally off shift. Enjoying this as I relax. It's F'n amazing! I challenge those who say they don't like dark beer to try it. There is no way they can say it's gross. Deeeeeeeelish. Wish this came to ohio. We have Edmund Fitzgerald though, so take that. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397708009.664761.jpg

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Finally off shift. Enjoying this as I relax. It's F'n amazing! I challenge those who say they don't like dark beer to try it. There is no way they can say it's gross. Deeeeeeeelish. Wish this came to ohio. We have Edmund Fitzgerald though, so take that. View attachment 193819

That is some great stuff. And you are right, more people who dont like dark or craft beer should try that one. it will convert them!

My recipe is super simple. 50/50 wheat and either 2row or pilsner ( your preference), traditional German hop like hallertau to around 15 ibu and then slightly under pitch the yeast to bring out more of the esters. Ferment and add 2 qts pineapple juice (I prefer Langers) to the keg and let it sit at room temp about a day before sticking in the fridge to carb so the yeast takes a little sweetness out of the juice.

My recipe is super simple. 50/50 wheat and either 2row or pilsner ( your preference), traditional German hop like hallertau to around 15 ibu and then slightly under pitch the yeast to bring out more of the esters. Ferment and add 2 qts pineapple juice (I prefer Langers) to the keg and let it sit at room temp about a day before sticking in the fridge to carb so the yeast takes a little sweetness out of the juice.

Mine was simple, 66% german wheat malt, 33% pilsner. I always add a 1/4lb carafoam and 1/10 lb rice hulls to all my batches as well, even with this much wheat. Then just .75oz hallertau at 45 and .25oz at 15. I used 3068.

Awesome. i just whipped up a recipe combining both your input. 40% 2row, 60% wheat malt, a little carafoam for head retention, hallertau hops estimate at 20 IBU, and whatever hefe yeast the LHBS has when i buy it all.

drinking this - but not from the can. taking pictures from this laptop sucks...

ArcSoft_Image2.jpg

Awesome. i just whipped up a recipe combining both your input. 40% 2row, 60% wheat malt, a little carafoam for head retention, hallertau hops estimate at 20 IBU, and whatever hefe yeast the LHBS has when i buy it all.

drinking this - but not from the can. taking pictures from this laptop sucks...

Sounds like it will do the trick! I have only had Black House from them (amazing) and really wanna get my hands on that one. I'm hoping to head out there in a few months to stock up.

Sounds like it will do the trick! I have only had Black House from them (amazing) and really wanna get my hands on that one. I'm hoping to head out there in a few months to stock up.

i've been impressed with Modern Times. This is my third one (all from a trade, or was it an eMAW). Either way, they are making some good stuff.

I'm guessing they are not all to BJCP style, but i don't care about that. when my taste buds say 'more please', i'm a happy camper.

Good beer. Troegs does a nice job w malty German lagers. Hopefully you picked up some of their Cultivator Helles while you were in PA.
I did grab a couple of bottles...mostly nugget nectar, though...and a few java heads. Yum.

Drank an Ethos IPA. Earthy? Interesting hop flavor for an IPA. Not sure if I could drink it constantly. This gem on the other hand, I would drink constantly if it were distributed here. Yum again on the sweat. Any other variations that I am unaware of? Holy crap. Killer beer. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397712761.023845.jpg

Finally off shift. Enjoying this as I relax. It's F'n amazing! I challenge those who say they don't like dark beer to try it. There is no way they can say it's gross. Deeeeeeeelish. Wish this came to ohio. We have Edmund Fitzgerald though, so take that. View attachment 193819

Glad to see your already enjoying it!! There is more where that came from!! Just wait till you try the vanilla. . It'll knock ya sosk off

*edit* I see you just did^ !! Lol. And nope . That's all the variant they have for now

That's what I posted about. It's freakin bangin. I want more. We shall chat soon.

Hey Tripplehazzard... Suggest a Homebrew that you sent. I'm in need of a beer soon.

Yeah! I'm sure Norm wants to play slots too. :D

So long as he is drinking craft beer, Norm seems to be up for anything.

I did measure, I had an inch of clearance even with the trim still on. MY pantry sticks out though and I thought it was out of the way, but it was not. An inch further away from the pantry and it would have fit. I made room in the mud room and it works, just frustrating. Now drinking a nice $4 bomber. Liquor station owner thought it was a mis-mark, so he suggested I get one before it was fixed.

Aw crap. They have figured out a new way to keep us from waffling on buying beers.
"Yes, that price can not be right. You had better buy that $12 can of Heady Topper before we fix it to $26."

Drinking the coffee. I really need(want) to add yet another hobby to my collection and start roasting my own. And Nuke, I will drink your share of coffee for you. I have a feeling I am going to need it today.

The pumpkin and cinnamon tea looks awesome! I'm now interested in trying/doing some.

Sounds interesting.

How's the hot water situation coming along? Or should I not ask. ;)

Well I made a pumpkin spice extract kit but bumped up the spices ever so slightly. Then at bottling I took 12 bottles and poured Harvey & Son's cinnamon tea that I made. 2 bags to 8 oz water and just a little bit poured into each of the 12 bottles.

Weeks later it tasted bad. Like I couldn't put my finger on it but others said it wasn't that bad. I didn't buy that BS because it was bad. I gave away 8 of the 12 and left 2 of the 4 I had in the closet. I tried one today and it worked. Very mellow hint of cinnamon and basically just a nice pumpkin spice beer. This is the second beer that I would have dumped but didn't and literally months and months later it is good.

Drinking a latte. On the advice of someone, I am reserving the cold shower for the afternoon but secretly hoping the plumber comes on the short end of between 8 & 12 and fixes it. I feel awkward not being "ready" to work today.

So long as he is drinking craft beer, Norm seems to be up for anything.

Aw crap. They have figured out a new way to keep us from waffling on buying beers.
"Yes, that price can not be right. You had better buy that $12 can of Heady Topper before we fix it to $26."

Drinking the coffee. I really need(want) to add yet another hobby to my collection and start roasting my own. And Nuke, I will drink your share of coffee for you. I have a feeling I am going to need it today.

They better not start doing this. I actually trust this shop owner. He is a homebrewer too and ive brought some HBs in for him recently. Plus I bought their only damn bottle of Utopias for a member here, so he better not pull that stuff on me haha.

Back