What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked the guy if he had anything "special". He went to the basement of the store and came back with these. He said "they're both from 2010 so probably not good anymore. I'll discount them for you".

1397001983530.jpg

1397001996256.jpg

I asked the guy if he had anything "special". He went to the basement of the store and came back with these. He said "they're both from 2010 so probably not good anymore. I'll discount them for you".

I bet that Riserva is still pretty damn good!

Billy, I grabbed one of the 2 that they had of these. Don't know what it is but figured it's from 2007 and should be OK.

1397002574331.jpg

Didn't realize that the dogfish head is 18%. I'm going to hold this until a bottle share opportunity and split it with someone.

Damn! I didnt know that either. The biggest beer I have (havent drank yet) is The Beast from Avery at 16.5%, I thought that was big!

Really? nice. Wish more people here have great beer but ignorant of what they had lol

Didn't realize that the dogfish head is 18%. I'm going to hold this until a bottle share opportunity and split it with someone.

Take it on all by yourself. I did a growler (32oz) of 120 before. Also thinking of tackling black Tuesday (18.9%) all by my self lol

Damn! I didnt know that either. The biggest beer I have (havent drank yet) is The Beast from Avery at 16.5%, I thought that was big!

Biggest I had was 32%. That sneaky tactical nuclear penguin lol

Billy, I grabbed one of the 2 that they had of these. Don't know what it is but figured it's from 2007 and should be OK.

I wouldn't think that you've made a mistake. I've never had their Barleywine but Schlafly definitely knows what they are doing.

Sent from the Bat Cave

Fins, these Boulevard beers were too far away from me in their "stock area" and couldn't get close enough to them. Any idea what they are?

1397002983344.jpg

Original on the left, clone on the right. Now that the clone is conditioned, I'm having a hard time telling the difference. Mine is a little more bitter, and a lot less clear, and the original has a slightly more rounded malt profile. I think some water changes (and filtering/force carbing) would make them nearly identical.

20140408_203016[1].jpg

Looks like the box for the smokestack series 4 pack with glass that I bought the other day.

Youve had one too many Buffalo Sweats haha :drunk: The four pack boxes are red. The ones pictured are cases that hold 12 - 750s. That top one has the purple rye on rye label on it, just not sure if they are all the same or not.

Disgusting Cherry KoolAid flavored malt liquor. Never again will I buy any of this swill at $5 plus a bottle!1397005522738.jpg

Whaddya think? It basically tasted like the adjuncts to me. Not in a bad way tho.

Having this:
View attachment 191966

That's the only way (I think) you can have a pale stout. It's good lots of coffee and chocolate. This brewery like using adjuncts. A lot. I think that's their thing.

Having a HB cherry wheat and relaxing after spending all night at my son's pinewood derby races for cub scouts. Still gotta pack my crap for driving to South Carolina with the kids in the morning. Damn this light drinking crap, but got a long drive ahead of me tomorrow.

Clone finished, but still nursing the last of the Arrogant Bastard bomber. And while it may still be too little too late, nice to see the Caps playing some decent hockey tonight.

That's the only way (I think) you can have a pale stout. It's good lots of coffee and chocolate. This brewery like using adjuncts. A lot. I think that's their thing.

I enjoyed it too, but I guess I'm not sure why it even needs to be called a stout. Makes it a little gimmicky. There was some mention of 'stout malt' on the bottle I thought, but I don't think I've heard of that anywhere else.

Brings me back to when I was young and watching my father in his garage. Greasy dirty old tools surrounded by greasy cold cheap cans of beer. Looking at that pic makes me feel 12yrs old again. :D

This is my buddy's garage (attached to his house) a few towns over from me. Best mechanic I've ever known and he has a lift so it makes life easy.

Water after slamming-down a late dinner.

This is my buddy's garage (attached to his house) a few towns over from me. Best mechanic I've ever known and he has a lift so it makes life easy.

Water after slamming-down a late dinner.

A garage, tools, machinery, beer....add a grill and some slabs of dead meat and life is great. :)

Grabbed one of these the other night and 4 of the fire walker double jack. Never had them so I figured, what the heck.

1397008759750.jpg

1397008832370.jpg

I enjoyed it too, but I guess I'm not sure why it even needs to be called a stout. Makes it a little gimmicky. There was some mention of 'stout malt' on the bottle I thought, but I don't think I've heard of that anywhere else.

Yea that's on there. At least they said pale stout. Semi-stout character. It's weird drinking a light color beer and taste chocolate though my habanero chocolate mead is the same color and taste chocolate lol. Might make my own.. though I do not like using adjuncts

Latest posts

Back