What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, that's awesome. I wish I could bring myself to do that. I am far too generous, and far too selfish (contradiction warning) to do that. I will be pissed if I can only buy the minimum. Everyone deserves to try that beer.

If all the Hunahs are spoken for Id still like to work somethin out with you for some Cigar City stuff sometime in the near future.
Im having some 10% Skeeter planning the first brewery visits and Detroit Tigers games of the Spring/Summer with the fiancee.

1393645982530.jpg

Another hockey and beer night.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393645888.845266.jpg

First time having this beer. Nice winter warmer.

Second Sixpoint. Need to get some Bengali and hi-res.

It's a Cascade kind of night. Thankfully the only thing I have planned tomorrow is kegging more beer. This time it's a Citra PA. A trend I say, a trend.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393646142.812362.jpg
New Belgium Rampant Imperial IPA. To me this is a higher abv version of Ranger IPA which is a good thing. $8.99 for a 6 pack of imperial IPA That tastes this good is a nice change from paying $15. I wish New Belgium was available here in Ohio sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If all the Hunahs are spoken for Id still like to work somethin out with you for some Cigar City stuff sometime in the near future.
Im having some 10% Skeeter planning the first brewery visits and Detroit Tigers games of the Spring/Summer with the fiancee.

Does it taste like skeeter or pee?

_|\ _/|_,
,((\\``-\\\\
,(()) `))\
,(())) ,_ \
((())' | \
))))) >.__ \
(((' / `-. . c|
/ `- `'

Supposed to be a horse head, but it doesn't look right once it's posted.

Moving along quickly...messing with other computer issues has slowed my posting, but not my drinking! So, had my first Rye...the Sierra Nevada Ruthless...well, at least my first since I began brewing and became more "breware" (brew aware).:D To my amateur palate, I think it was similar to the Hoppyum, but a little less bitter, a creamier head and a little darker color. The hops are prevalent, but a little less "up front" than the Hoppyum...just a little.

Next up is the Sam Adams Cold Snap. 5.3% ABV and a light, murky "white ale" with orange peel and coriander. Now, I'm not a Sam Adams hater, but I gotta say...not a fan of this one. The orange feels dull and the coriander is just odd...my opinion. The aroma reminds me a urine; I'm not getting hops at all and the flavor is fairly weak. I'll pass on this particular brew in the future.

DSC04247.jpg

DSC04249.jpg

Does it taste like skeeter or pee?

_|\ _/|_,
,((\\``-\\\\
,(()) `))\
,(())) ,_ \
((())' | \
))))) >.__ \
(((' / `-. . c|
/ `- `'

Supposed to be a horse head, but it doesn't look right once it's posted.

Def not a horse head.

Oh wait, maybe i see it in the quote.

Gnight all. Heading home after doing some damage at NYC beer fest.

Having a New Belgium Spring Blonde...6%ABV. They describe it as a "lemony start with a pleasantly bitter finish." Okay, works for me. Again, as an amateur, I don't have the skills and the terminology to "properly" critique beer, but this one almost reminds me of Miller Beer, only MUCH better. I drank way too much Miller beer in high school & college, before I went to Germany. Have not really touched it since and that was 1983. But something in this Blonde reminds me of the Highlife ;o) The color and clarity are a really nice crystal clear gold.
http://www.tvadsongs.com/Miller_Beer_-_If_Youve_Got_The_Time.html

DSC04250.jpg

If they weren't both limit 1 I'd ask you to get one for me...

Hate limits. Hope to get a least one. If there is another one you want let me know

Having this.

White pony- stronger than ever. Cognac 2013 15.1% barleywine.

Hope it's good. Got here from belgium

Sent from Patty's pub while playing CharDee MacDennis.

Went out to dinner with my in laws and had 2103 Bourbon County, 2012 Bourbon County Coffee Stout, and a Lolita. I'm drinking some water before bed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

People's Porter from Foothills Brewing. Their description is better than mine, but I concur. I do like their label information...and, even better, I'm 4-1/2 beers in and I can actually peel these labels off with no problem. THAT's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it, uh huh, uh huh! I think I'll save the Newton's Folly Granny Smith Cider for another time and hit the sack...*yawn*...happy birthday to me! zzzzzzzzzzz

DSC04251.jpg

DSC04256.jpg

DSC04257.jpg

HB hoppy mess.
Gotta figure out what is wrong with the keg tomorrow. Pouring foam.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393652395.854271.jpg

Looks nice, but means I have to fill it twice as much....

Shhh! Don't tell anybody, but I'm sneaking in one last beer for the night.Tidying up before bed, flipped on the lights in the kitchen and went to rinse a bottle...and there's a spider in the sink! So...I'm wide awake for a few minutes. Might as well have another beer. The cool thing is, I'm having an HB Nut Brown Ale and it's as good as anything I have drunk all night.

DSC04258.jpg

I would rather of seen a spider ,I was almost asleep before my daughter decided to blow chunks....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Back