What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying Dog's Double Dog Double Pale Ale and New Holland's Full Circle

Mmmmmm Ferocity! :mug:
NCBC fEROCITY 001.jpg

I am drinking my Cream Corn Ale. First one and nothing to compare it to, but it's kinda tasty....

--matt--

Diamond Bear's Honey Weiss. Nice beer, I was expecting more of a wheat beer taste, along the lines of a Boulevard, but still good. The local Arkansas honey flavour really comes out though.
Still think their Presidential IPA is the best they make (I haven't tried them all though).

Cheers :mug:
Terje

Originally posted by Flycactus
Diamond Bear's Honey Weiss. Nice beer, I was expecting more of a wheat beer taste, along the lines of a Boulevard, but still good. The local Arkansas honey flavour really comes out though.
Still think their Presidential IPA is the best they make (I haven't tried them all though).

I had the Presidential IPA at Raffe's Beer Garden in Memphis a couple weeks ago. Good beer.

homebrew...glorious homebrew!!! damn good brew too!!

I havent had anything on tap for a while being that the Brutus was being built, and I decided that not brewing would get me to finish it faster.

Right now the wife and I are loving a Belgian Wit

Southern Tier Tripel Belgian Style Ale. Honestly I'm not overly impressed I really like Southern Tier IPA so I picked up their mix pack since it has the IPA and 2 other brews. It's not that this is a bad beer, but it seems to have an over pronounced wheat flavor to it that I've never found in any other tripel I've had. Maybe I've just spoiled myself by drinking Westmalle Tripel for so long...

Oh well, I guess I'll go back to the Old Rasputin RIS after I finish this.

please don't kill me.....bud light in the can. I'm in a hotel out of town for work; there was a gas station nearby, and dang it, I like bud light, since I don't have any home brew with me. okay, maybe kill me?

I just bought a bunch of beers that made Zymurgy's list of "20 best beers in America" that I had never had before. I had over half of those, but picked up a few more - mostly Belgian stuff, like Unibroue.

But I'll be having a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar tonight. :mug:

Ah, gotta love lunch at the Sierra Nevada pub:

Calamari appetizer
Taproom cheddar burger w/ potato salad
1 Stout + 1 Southern Hemisphere Ale

But I'm supposed to work after this??? No programming for me for another hour or so...our software doesn't pass the two beer test. :)

Here in south TX, I'm in an even worse commercial beer vacuum than I was in New Mexico. However, I have stumbled upon a few decent beers. There are a couple of locations with very limited selections of microbrew. Here's what I found this week (all in four or six-packs):

found_beer.jpg

I also found a place that has at least a case of SN Celebration 2007 left. The steaks (a little thin for my taste) are just about to come off of the BGE.

Bitburger is good but gives me really bad stomach pains

I'm drinking natty boh at 3am....ugh

Drank a couple Mad River Brewing Steelhead Extra Pale Ale's and now have turned my attention to an IPA I have on tap. :rockin:

I'm starting now...went to cut the grass, and the tube that delivers air and fuel to the motor is cracked...g'effing damnit. JB weld or 2 part epoxy to the rescue!!!!

crab juice....

not really! weihenstephan korbinian doppelbock, pretty good.

then on to homebrew pale ale (from dave miller's book). last extract recipe, edworts pale AG in the fermentor

Just tried Red Hook's Long Hammer IPA this week, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's one of the best IPAs I've had in a while. Also tried Sam Adam's Cream Stout, which seems pretty good, but I haven't made my final decision on it.

Big beer run!

big_score.jpg

Yes...that's a bottle of SA Triple Bock. I remembered reading something about it here, so I picked it up. Then I re-read the reviews. Oops.

me = jealous...I only reconize 5 of those beers, if you count the cider as one of the 5

Left Hand Brewing Co. (out of Colorado) Sawtooth Ale. Not bad........some friends of mine from work got me a mixed 6-pack of microbrews for my birthday last week, and this is one of them. They chose it solely on the fact that I'm left handed!

Actually, there are a few beers in that mix that I don't even recognize. I bought them out of sheer curiosity. The cider is the raspberry version that SWMBO wanted.

I'm drinking a glass of the mead right now. It's not bad. Slightly medicinal and not properly degassed, but it has a nice, sweet honey flavor up front.

The Triple Bock was wretched. I dumped over half of it after I decided that it wasn't going to get better no matter how hard I tried to like it. The bottle is kinda cool, though.

Interested to see your take on the beers in the white bottle, I have seen them but never picked them up.

Lost Abbey Inferno Ale

The bottle is not clear on the style. It just says that it was brewed by Satan himself, that it's straw yellow and bone dry. I'll say it's a Belgian Style Golden Ale similar to La Chouffe but slightly hoppier. Not one of Tomme's best efforts but a decent beer.

lost abbey 003.jpg

Nice, I need to get some mead going in my life...I really enjoy the stuff. What did you get?

Back