What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questionable for my own tastes. Im glad I didnt though, im brewing now!

I took your advice and am in the middle of mashing a black IPA! Ive even got a batch bottled and cleaned up. :D

I might be young, but when the boss tells me not to come to work, I tend to listen!

Sounds like your day worked out well. :D

Drinking a moo hoo outside as my 60 minutes tick down. My poor car is buried! Snow isnt supposed to stop until 10pm

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391540867.739563.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391540897.043383.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391540906.812935.jpg

You're welcome

Seriously though, thanks! I would not have thought to brew today if it werent for you. I had to bottle the current batch I had in my fermenter before I could brew, but it was worth it since you mentioned it early enough in the day. Id be bored as hell right now!

Feel free to send some of both batches as a thank you.

You probably dont want the batch I bottled. It was an aussie "lager" extract kit that I got as a gift. Not very good at this point. Im hoping its alright by summer time for session beers and BMC friends.

It doesn't take much snow to bury a fiat 500 I guess. That's just a dusting in Vermont ;)

Haha hey, its an altima man! Its feels like a damn fiat after I gave up my lifted Grand Cherokee though. A couple more years of this schit and then back to a jeep.

:( My damn dough isn't rising. I think I pitched the yeast in too hot of water. That's the only explanation I have. It was supposed to double in size in 15 min, it's been an hour. I guess I'll just let it sit in the oven at 170 and see where it goes.

I had a Cold Snap, not bad. Now back to water before my 3:30 meeting.

Cool thanks :) :mug: are you fly sparging yet :D drinking my earl grey imperial ipa while I clean a $ hit ton o bottles so I can bottle my hefeweizen on this snow day!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Earl grey IIPA? Sounds like a recipe worth sharing. :p

Water...I want another beer.

You probably dont want the batch I bottled. It was an aussie "lager" extract kit that I got as a gift. Not very good at this point. Im hoping its alright by summer time for session beers and BMC friends.

"BMC Friends" that's great. I never heard that before and I'm going to be using that for sure.

:( My damn dough isn't rising. I think I pitched the yeast in too hot of water. That's the only explanation I have. It was supposed to double in size in 15 min, it's been an hour. I guess I'll just let it sit in the oven at 170 and see where it goes.

I had a Cold Snap, not bad. Now back to water before my 3:30 meeting.

Double in size in 15 minutes? What'd the recipe call for, a half cup of yeast for two loaves? Hopefully you're waiting a little longer proved fruitful.

Sucks to other forums and sucks to your ass mar! (Hope you know the reference, if not i seem like a jerk)

Lunch from Maine, for lunch, in New York.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391547998.133560.jpg

Leftover over hefeweizen from my bottling bucket.. snowmagedo 2014 emergency reserves!! Ftw

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

1391548314609.jpg

Finally done cleaning up after a bottle and brew day. Really liking this beer, cant wait to see how the rest change. I will be getting more of these next time im in KC

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391551397.372802.jpg

Dogfish Head Piercing Pils. It's not the worst thing I've had, but meh. Tastes like an alright Pils with a lame gimmick. I get a little pear and if anything I think it detracts. I figured it'd be the case, but that's what mix and match sixers are for. Glad I got a single bottle and not a pack of em.

20140204_170327[1].jpg

Two new forums were just introduced. Seems like just the thing for this group. Feel free to join in... pretty quiet right now.

Coff is a little different than coffee, IMHO. YMMV.

Mosaic is a crazy hop. It's like a chameleon...it's profile changes a lot depending on the beer it's in. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't. Great Lakes Alchemy Hour is the best Mosaic beer I've had so far.

Yeah alchemy hour is amazing compared to that.

Back